Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardest Operation Boss?

Misspentdolla
07.10.2017 , 10:38 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
Why? Exploiting is defined as using a bug. What about this makes it a bug?
Mate, not sure which tanking class is your main, but neither of the three have jump as a cooldown. That's why it's an exploit.
Fafalasimiti - Mercenary bodyguard
Disciples of Babylon GM - http://dobswtor.enjin.com/home
Stream - https://www.twitch.tv/fafa89
Referal - http://www.swtor.com/r/2HHC9g

Torvai
07.10.2017 , 10:45 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Yes.

And avoid doom? You use your cooldowns to get rid of it instead. Game-given abilities.
Unlike jumping to avoid an obviously intended unavoidable damage spike.
Avoid Doom is certainly not intended. Back when TFB NiM came out, most of these skills to do that didn't exist, so you had to play the mechanic. Also, through this, you avoid a complete mechanic of a fight, for the whole group.
The jumping on Brontes on the other hand(no pun intended) is just avoiding damage. You still have to play the mechanic of the phase.
And as I said, it's possible because the area of the slam is a cone, lying on the side, if you will, with its point at the center of the hit box. So by jumping, you're outside that cone. Which basically makes it the same as jumping ou of other aoes.
Or, a better comparison would be to outrange Zorns dread debuff(and similar effects that are range based), which is intended to force a target swap. Exploiting as well?
Ah whatever. You guys are just bitter that noone had discovered this back in 2.8

Evolixe
07.10.2017 , 10:53 AM | #23
You guys are just bitter that noone had discovered this back in 2.8
If that was the case then we'd be doing it too now. But the fact is that we don't.
We recently had a tank on trial that was doing this and he was quickly told to knock it off.

When you manage to beat the fight without jumping slams you can come back here. Untill then you're just a joker
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

RikuvonDrake
07.10.2017 , 11:02 AM | #24
Avoid Doom is certainly not intended. Back when TFB NiM came out, most of these skills to do that didn't exist, so you had to play the mechanic.
Sounds like you didn't play during this time, Saber Reflect, Hightail It, Force Camo + Guarded, Diversion (with Decoy) as well as Force Barrier all worked vs Doom.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Torvai
07.10.2017 , 11:06 AM | #25
When you manage to beat the fight without jumping slams you can come back here. Untill then you're just a joker
Why shouldn't I fulfill my role as a tank to minimize damage taken? By that logic, using shroud to keep standing in stupid or to flat out ignore mechanics is exploiting? Or LoS'Ing a cast? Of course not. Neither is hopping out of an aoe. It's clever play, that's all.

I've given a perfectly valid explanation on how it works and why it's not an exploit. You guys just keep repeating "exploit, exploit" without naming where the bug is that is exploited by doing it. I'm no fan of exploiting either, so convince me that I'm using some kind of bug here and I'll happily stop. Until thenI'll keep hopping there. Requires a damn lot more skill than to just stand there and facetank avoidable damage

But we're going way off topic here, soo...
You guys think it's exploiting, I think it's not. Only the Devs can truly answer that. And we all know how likely this is

Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Sounds like you didn't play during this time, Saber Reflect, Hightail It, Force Camo + Guarded, Diversion (with Decoy) as well as Force Barrier all worked vs Doom.
Dang it, you're right. Dunno how I got to this conclusion

lcharas
07.10.2017 , 11:53 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Anyway grats on your 2k17 brontes kill /w jumps. Lmfao.
And in case anybody wonders: Yes, I got my coneuqerer of the dread fortress as well.
It's been a long time after all. No wonder people with bad memory forget which titles were available when...
Please call repeatable 8m pve content operations.

4.0 HM Solo Flashpoints @Youtube

Exocor
07.10.2017 , 03:39 PM | #27
Without all the little surprises - some call them exploits, others clever play - the game wouldn't be as fun as it is.

However, considering the patch notes, the devs seem to fix some of these bugs (all the reflects ).

Oh, and, what I asekd myself a lot while reading this thread: Why should anyone care about what some self-named elitists think about how I got my achievements? Let's list what are not accepted ways: Defeating anything with 3.0 except of Cora & Revan, defeating revan with 8 bounty hunters, defeating styrak and tfb with dread master gear, using more than 1 merc/mando, using 2 Sage-Healers, defeating anything after 5.2, defeating Tyth by ignoring graces, defeating anything by using methods, that were not intended by the devs... a long list that grows longer everyday...

Maybe - just maybe - imagine, that someone just starts playing/raiding in 2017. Should he/she time-travel back in 2.8 times to get the "true" achievements? "Back in good old Oricon times, everything was more difficult" - sorry, I can't hear it anymore.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

merovejec
07.11.2017 , 01:16 AM | #28
Jungs Jungs, lasst die kleinen Kinder in ruhe

They just think a lot of themselves as they are some of the last NiM raiders in the game (that has no new NiMs ). I was very surprised to find so many good NiM guilds on T3-M4 btw. Nevertheless from what I have experienced a lot of people used a lot of tricks in the past and I dont blame anyone, a person just has to try it. As it was said before:

Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Excutor View Post
The problem at all is the wrong scaling of the bosses, that means that the operation bosses never will be hard as they come out.
That is all that you need to know now! The bosses are old, out of sync, new class abilities, gear levels are way off than before so the NiM fights are no longer optimal. Yes, if you were in the game and have beaten NiMs before, you were good, now, its no biggie! You can go off using tricks of anykind, the operations are old, if it wasnt fixed its probably working as intended!
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

Master-Excutor
07.11.2017 , 02:10 AM | #29
The funny part of this is that you defending a "clever playing by jumping" tactic.
Hey lets jump and "dodge" 70% of the damage in the end encounter.
Yes thats looks legit.
At 2.7 you could bug brontes in their bubbel, this wasnt a "clever play" and that you could do with a ability,
this was a exploit as well.
I have no problem if you use this trick as long as you dont saying " we're the gratest " waht most of the people which using this "tricks" doing.
To the new gamer is no excuse to exploit.
Dread Master Exutoria
Complexíty, Deposer of The Dread Masters
Gatecrasher Swerty
Exutor, Conqueror of the Dread Fortress

Torvai
07.11.2017 , 03:23 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Excutor View Post
The funny part of this is that you defending a "clever playing by jumping" tactic.
Hey lets jump and "dodge" 70% of the damage in the end encounter.
Yes thats looks legit.
At 2.7 you could bug brontes in their bubbel, this wasnt a "clever play" and that you could do with a ability,
this was a exploit as well.
I have no problem if you use this trick as long as you dont saying " we're the gratest " waht most of the people which using this "tricks" doing.
To the new gamer is no excuse to exploit.
First off: I didn't say anything about "gratest".
Second: You said it yourself: It was able to BUG Brontes in her bubble. I asked 3 times already, no one could give me an answer, and I ask you again: What's the bug about it that is exploited?
Convince me it's a bug and I'll happily stop using it, since I don't like exploiting as well.

Also, weren't you part of 7stuck back then when they tried to keep the bug, that the hands shield didn't despawn on Brontes a secret back then?