Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardest Operation Boss?

MrNihulus
06.30.2017 , 05:10 PM | #1
As the title says above.

I haven't done many hard mode operations but I think Operator IX is the toughest boss in TFB HM. It requires great communication and coordination to defeat it. I have seen many groups struggle with this boss. Some players might accidently kill the wrong orb or not get to the cores fast enough. Most players ask others if they have the achievement for the boss before inviting them.

Another one would be Master and Blaster in the Ravagers. The growing aoes and the bombs on players offer little room for maneuver. And Master's flame ability can be brutal for melee players. The boss also puts a lot of strain on the healers as well, especially if players are standing in the aoes. I don't even want to know what it's like on hard mode.

What is your pick for the hardest operation boss?

Joran-Koon
06.30.2017 , 05:49 PM | #2
Hardest operation boss in what mode?
The hardest bosses in HM are not the hardest bosses in NiM.

*shameless plug* streaming a HM operation marathon tonight, possibly some NiM. If you have time to catch some of it, I will no doubt be going through which ones are hardest vs. easiest and why. If you're interested.
Kalizo
Failure
Twitch

MrNihulus
06.30.2017 , 09:19 PM | #3
It can be either SM, HM or NIM, these are just ones from personal experience, I haven't done a lot of HM or NIM ops.

sumquy
07.04.2017 , 08:02 AM | #4
i would say nim brontes is the hardest. lots of mechanics that everybody in the group has to do correctly, strict dps checks and heal checks. she is a very tough broad.
...how i learned to love the dot and other short stories.

Exocor
07.04.2017 , 09:05 AM | #5
Hardmode: Revan
NiM: Brontes (DPS), Styrak (Movement)
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

Threjyan
07.04.2017 , 09:57 AM | #6
master and blaster is pretty intersting in hm cant event hink if they introduced nim mode :P multiboooombs
..The Path Of Excess Leads To The Tower Of Wisdom..

RikuvonDrake
07.04.2017 , 10:46 AM | #7
More or less any of Styrak, Brontes, Hateful or M&B on 16man mode, some might argue against 16man cause in certain cases bossfights gets slightly easier, however, the 16man factor is very important due to how difficult it is to find and organise 16 Nightmare capable raiders.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Exocor
07.04.2017 , 11:28 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
More or less any of Styrak, Brontes, Hateful or M&B on 16man mode, some might argue against 16man cause in certain cases bossfights gets slightly easier, however, the 16man factor is very important due to how difficult it is to find and organise 16 Nightmare capable raiders.
Yeah, 16m are another topic. The major problem here are the increasing performance-issues.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

LordTurin
07.04.2017 , 12:26 PM | #9
Brontes, Styrack, Terror (in that order) for NiM
Revan, M&B in HM
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

merovejec
07.04.2017 , 12:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Yes thats why there are no 16M NiM guilds
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140