Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are you getting any 246 mods schematics?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Are you getting any 246 mods schematics?

Vercundus
06.30.2017 , 04:28 AM | #1
Since Tier 4 schematics are present in the game, I've to say that not a single "good" one dropped for me.

From CXP crates I got tons of static 246, that are useless. I had over a hundred levels at 300 so far and nothing.
From PVP I got 1 unbalanced tanking mod.

How's your luck?
Rename EU server to Darth Marr!
My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

SteveTheCynic
06.30.2017 , 06:27 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Vercundus View Post
Since Tier 4 schematics are present in the game, I've to say that not a single "good" one dropped for me.

From CXP crates I got tons of static 246, that are useless. I had over a hundred levels at 300 so far and nothing.
From PVP I got 1 unbalanced tanking mod.

How's your luck?
My experience is that in this sort of discussion, people say "useless" (of *no* utility) when they actually mean "not the best thing there is". And no, I don't believe you'll ever find 248-T4 schematics, if that's what you mean. When T5 arrives, it will be 250/252/254 for orange MK2/purple MK-3/yellow MK-5, with crafted T5s being 252 purple MK-4.

Or perhaps you could give us an example of the static 246 schematics you've had...
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Vercundus
06.30.2017 , 10:31 AM | #3
I'm not expecting T4 248, but 246.

Such topics are not useless, because I need to know if I can get a schematic via drop or I have to rely on RE.

I mean by various jackets, pants, etc. I don't have any now, but as soon as a new one drops I'll let you know. Those are common, like in every third command crate.

Vercundus
06.30.2017 , 04:04 PM | #4
Just tonight, out of 4 crates got two static schematics:

GEMINI MK-4 Initiative Focus
GEMINI MK-4 Initiative Blaster Rifle

Those are 246.

SteveTheCynic
06.30.2017 , 04:27 PM | #5
I'm not expecting T4 248, but 246.

Such topics are not useless, because I need to know if I can get a schematic via drop or I have to rely on RE.

I mean by various jackets, pants, etc. I don't have any now, but as soon as a new one drops I'll let you know. Those are common, like in every third command crate.
I never said the topic was useless. *You* said that 246-static were useless. But if you look, they aren't useless. They cover your body and protect it better than Eternal Commander or Iokath gear. Like all stat-equipped craftable gear, they are fixed-stats. (Exception: there's a bunch of old schematics from before 4.0 dropped that were orange requires-level-48 moddable shells with blue-120 mods already installed. Many long-time characters have them in their Archive.)

All CXP gear schematics are like this, though, giving MK-4 or MK-14 fixed-stats gear that's purple and lower-rated than the yellow MK-5/MK-15 gear. Comparing MK-4/14 and MK-3/13 is awkward, because the stats balance is different (most crafted gear is a bit endurance-heavy, while the moddable 3/13 gear is less so).

So why exactly do you say it's "useless", this gear?
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!

Vercundus
06.30.2017 , 05:26 PM | #6
Might have misread it. However, it's not useless when you get it, it kinda is to craft it. You won't make much profit on it, and, at least to me, it is counter-productive to craft something for yourself that will be quickly replaced.

And Tiers 1 to 3 dropped schematics for mods, thus I am surprised that I haven't seen any.

psandak
06.30.2017 , 06:02 PM | #7
Might have misread it. However, it's not useless when you get it, it kinda is to craft it. You won't make much profit on it, and, at least to me, it is counter-productive to craft something for yourself that will be quickly replaced.

And Tiers 1 to 3 dropped schematics for mods, thus I am surprised that I haven't seen any.
You want to know the significant advantage to the static stat gear: they do not cost ANY VMCs to craft; that means you never have to run an operation or participate in PvP (where VMCs come from). They cost SRMs (conquest personal goal) and they cost significantly fewer in number; each 246 item modification costs 2 or 3 VMC that's 6 or 9 VMC per piece of moddable gear. OTOH static stat 246 costs 2 or 3 SRMs each. And yes, the stat allocation is a step below what you would get if you optimized with 246 item modifications (higher endurance, and fewer overall points), but for some they are "good enough" And it is not like 248 drops like candy from GC crates.

That said, even tier 1 2 and 3 item modification schematics are rare from GC crates. Most get/got them from SM and HM operations not crates. Furthermore, you can always claim a moddable piece of gear, rip the mods out and RE them for schematics. You will always get "optimized" mods and enhancements though.

Personally, I just disintegrate the static stat gear schematics. I used to collect them, not anymore, because you are right that their desirability is few and far between. That said, if they eliminated the static stat schematics and therefore made item modification schematics more accessible you would probably be griping about how their value is low (due to high supply).
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Vercundus
07.01.2017 , 02:33 AM | #8
Thanks for the answer. I didn't know that static gear doesn't require VMCs.

However, this topic has gone into wrong direction. I didn't want to discuss usefulness of that gear, but rather drop rates for mods.

I know I can easily RE mods, but doing so for implant, relic and earpiece is hard, since those crafters are not yet 300 and cannot get proper piece to begin with.

nyrkverse
07.01.2017 , 02:52 AM | #9
I don't think mods and enhancements schematics drop from command crates at all. They are however guaranteed drops from operation bosses (type is random) and 246s drop from NiM bosses, and they can also drop from PvP reward boxes.

also unless it has changed recently, implants, earpieces and relics cannot be learned by RE anymore. And the schematics that drop from crates are for inferior versions compared to the unassembled tokens or crates drops.

edit: and some type of mods like the b-versions which are BiS for tanks are not available in gear so the only way to learn them is through a schematics drop.
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

SteveTheCynic
07.01.2017 , 05:39 AM | #10
Thanks for the answer. I didn't know that static gear doesn't require VMCs.

However, this topic has gone into wrong direction. I didn't want to discuss usefulness of that gear, but rather drop rates for mods.

I know I can easily RE mods, but doing so for implant, relic and earpiece is hard, since those crafters are not yet 300 and cannot get proper piece to begin with.
I'm in Tier 4, and I find that 246 enhancement schematics, for sure (not sure about second-slot "mods"), drop like candy from the dailies and weeklies in unranked PvP.
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!