Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it just me, or are Imperial Agent Operatives REALLY annoying in PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Is it just me, or are Imperial Agent Operatives REALLY annoying in PvP?

Majestic_Jazz
12.27.2011 , 05:44 PM | #1
Maybe it is just me, but it IRKS me when I am doing damage to a Operative only for them to punk out and go stealth so that they can run away and recharge their health. Then they want to wait until another person on their team is attacking you, then they come out of stealth and just spam their little "shiv" ability to death.

Operatives reminds me of gnats.....

HELhikari
12.27.2011 , 05:46 PM | #2
Sith Assassins also have a skill that lets them drop out of combat and go stealth too. I dare say the mirror classes on the Republic side can also do it.

And, uh, that's what they do. I played a Agent Sniper in beta so I didn't really see the Operative trees, but Sith Inquisitor Assassins have abilities that can only be used when you're cloaked - I'm guessing the Operatives are the same.
[HEL]hikari
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.

Majestic_Jazz
12.27.2011 , 05:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by HELhikari View Post
Sith Assassins also have a skill that lets them drop out of combat and go stealth too. I dare say the mirror classes on the Republic side can also do it.
I know but Sith Assassins are more likely to fight you in a face to face fight. Operatives when in 1v1 situations go stealth and wait for you to get attacked, THEN they come out of stealth and go behind you and shiv you to death. Then when you turn around and focus all the attacks on them, they stealth out again....

brokentelevision
12.27.2011 , 05:49 PM | #4
Operatives are nothing more then gnats till level late end. Upper 40's they become ferocious hawks of unbridled wrath and fury dominating whoever comes into their path.

Too bad most operatives don't make it that high as:

In flashpoints their sucky and way outdone by snipers

in huttball they're outdone and out performed by sorcs since level 10 all the way to 50 and frankly huttball is the only place where pvp matters, as you'll get that 95% of the time.

Aramyn
12.27.2011 , 05:49 PM | #5
I bet it's annoying, and I love doing it.

TYGRHobbes
12.27.2011 , 05:51 PM | #6
Sort of like how I hated rogues in WoW but now I'm an IA OP! I love it!

Lukery
12.27.2011 , 05:53 PM | #7
Pump those stealthers with DoTs and you are gonna have a laugh chasing them down when they try to run away from you.

Majestic_Jazz
12.27.2011 , 05:58 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lukery View Post
Pump those stealthers with DoTs and you are gonna have a laugh chasing them down when they try to run away from you.
Actually as a Trooper Vanguard, I have the chance to purchase an ability to will scan an area to find players in stealth. However because I really do not plan on putting too much time into Warzones [I am only spamming them now so I can get to level 40 to wear the gear I purchased a while back] also, it cost like 30K I believe.

But yeah, it would be funny to be fighting an operative, bring their health down low....they wimp out and go stealth only for me to use my stealth scan to bring them out of stealth and finish the kill lol.

Navystylz
12.27.2011 , 05:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lukery View Post
Then I will just hit force shroud and drop your dots and laugh as I slip away into the shadows.

Navystylz
12.27.2011 , 06:02 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Majestic_Jazz View Post
Actually as a Trooper Vanguard, I have the chance to purchase an ability to will scan an area to find players in stealth. However because I really do not plan on putting too much time into Warzones [I am only spamming them now so I can get to level 40 to wear the gear I purchased a while back] also, it cost like 30K I believe.

But yeah, it would be funny to be fighting an operative, bring their health down low....they wimp out and go stealth only for me to use my stealth scan to bring them out of stealth and finish the kill lol.
Stun, Force Sprint, Force Shroud if needed, and Force Cloak. I believe shroud will resist the scan anyway til it expires. It Makes you immune to tech and force abilities.