Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rogue One being a disappointment

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Rogue One being a disappointment

aerockyul
07.12.2017 , 05:54 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post

the blind dude i swear is a jedi and an exiled one at that but has no lightsaber, probably to protect himself from being identified. i know blind people can learn to adapt around their condition and sharpen their senses a bit, but that fighting scene was a bit over the top for a regular blind man, he had to adapt to use the force to "see" his targets and "feel" when they are about the strike.
I completely buy Donnie Yen being able to do all of that without the Force.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Rienami, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

aerockyul
07.12.2017 , 06:03 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by NinjaBoyCameron View Post
I honestly was really liking the movie... until the end. I started to dislike it when everybody started getting killed for no reason...
I get a little misty-eyed thinking of each person's personal sacrifice throughout the finale and how if even one of them had failed there would be no IV, V, VI and beyond. I thought each moment was very powerful when you think of it that way. Even those soldiers who get murtilated by Vader did their part. All of it without thought of personal gain or even living past that moment.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress

notanjelika
07.18.2017 , 09:15 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I get a little misty-eyed thinking of each person's personal sacrifice throughout the finale and how if even one of them had failed there would be no IV, V, VI and beyond. I thought each moment was very powerful when you think of it that way. Even those soldiers who get murtilated by Vader did their part. All of it without thought of personal gain or even living past that moment.

The re-programmed droid sacrificing itself is understandable, HK-55 did the same. The young woman and the young man dying, not so much. I've seen the movie two days ago and - forgive me for this - i was hoping for a happy ending
Please bring back Jaesa Willsaam

aerockyul
07.18.2017 , 03:08 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by notanjelika View Post
The re-programmed droid sacrificing itself is understandable, HK-55 did the same. The young woman and the young man dying, not so much. I've seen the movie two days ago and - forgive me for this - i was hoping for a happy ending
Sure, but how would they have escaped the DS and/or Vader? I think the way it unfolded added dramatic weight and made it a better movie than just another Star Wars movie, and was a really great illustration of non-force-using rebels fighting and winning against hopelessly stacked odds with more/better technology, numbers, and power. It's actually a pretty similar situation with A New Hope. A small squadron of X-wings somehow evades all the Death Star's vastly superior defenses and, even through many losses of life and against all odds, still succeeds. However, they had a little help from the Force, something the rebels in Rogue One did not have on their side.

Toraak
07.18.2017 , 05:09 PM | #25
Personally I enjoyed Rogue One. I rated it a 6/10. The only reason I rated it a 6, is because it felt like they were pushing us from one action scene to the next with not as much story as a Star Wars movie should have. As a pure non star wars action movie I'd have rated it an 8/10.

As for TFA. I rated it as a 2/10. I thought the acting was mediocre, it felt like the ending with the 3rd Death Star was terrible. (if they needed to rescue Rey, taking her to a Star Destroyer would have been better then rehashing another death star. especially one that shoots a laser through hyperspace to hit multiple planets at the same time. (like they'd have the perfect location in space to hit every planet without having any Gravitational bodies (suns, other planets, Meteors) to get in the way). And last but not least the terrible way Rey seemed to always get new powers without any training at all. (It took Luke years to learn what she did, and he had obi-won, and yoda helping teach him).

TFA is the WORST SW film so far.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

TyonYlle
07.18.2017 , 06:25 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by notanjelika View Post
I was hoping for a happy ending
What wasn't happy about the ending?
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

DarthDymond
07.18.2017 , 07:15 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TyonYlle View Post
What wasn't happy about the ending?
The part where it dove headfirst into the Uncanny Valley with CGI!Leia?

I kid though, overall I thought Rogue One was great! Personally, I go back-and-forth from ranking it as tied with RotJ as the third-best movie, or tied with RotS as fourth-best.

(But seriously, that CGI face was creepy as all heck - Tarkin was at least hit-or-miss in his various scenes.)
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Storm-Cutter
07.19.2017 , 12:43 AM | #28
I watched Rogue1 again recently. And this time I wasn't trying to take ( and cram) everything in: - the story, the characters, the scenery, the background characters, the technology, the tie-ins..... Just sat back and enjoyed the ride.... And it was much more enjoyable 2nd time around.

Yes Tarkin and Leia were a bit creepy knowing the back-story - but they only had a couple of scenes. It was a sad ending, but It wasn't really unexpected.

If you hated it, there's nothing that's gonna bring you round, but if you're not sure, disengage brain and re-watch it. -It's actually pretty good.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

TyonYlle
07.19.2017 , 03:47 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
It was a sad ending, but It wasn't really unexpected.
The word you're looking for is "bittersweet", but the ending wasn't sad.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
The part where it dove headfirst into the Uncanny Valley with CGI!Leia?

(But seriously, that CGI face was creepy as all heck - Tarkin was at least hit-or-miss in his various scenes.)
How would you have tied the movie to episode 1 without CG Leia? That was the entire purpose of the film.
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

Storm-Cutter
07.19.2017 , 04:18 AM | #30
The word you're looking for is "bittersweet", but the ending wasn't sad.
When none of the characters survived,- even the bad guys, all for 1 person's revenge on his captors. Jyn had a crap life starting when she was a child. The other 'rebels' were fighting what turned out to be a losing battle. - They had no way of knowing whether their suicide mission was a success.... It was a desperate gamble after all....

How would you have tied the movie to episode 1 without CG Leia? That was the entire purpose of the film.

There are cinematic ways around not having actors on screen. They could have had the plans given to a driod to give to an offsceen Leia, they could have had Tarkin's voice over the comm, Or have him with his ( body-double's) back to the main characters....

-Rather than spend millions re-creating him in CGI. - After all, David Prowse didn't play the body of Vader, even though James earl-Jones was his voice. There are probably scores of ways to overcome such problems.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================