Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rogue One being a disappointment

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Rogue One being a disappointment

Kaedusz
06.29.2017 , 10:44 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Eloi_BG View Post
I thought Rogue One was great, better re-watch value than FA, but am open to critics.
Really? The only thing i rewatch is the Vader scene in Youtube.
7 days free subscription ---- > http://www.swtor.com/r/k9W2FP

DenariusJay
06.29.2017 , 04:19 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
Really? The only thing i rewatch is the Vader scene in Youtube.
I thought the film got good when they first started invading the communication tower, the space scenes and the scenes leading up to vadar were all pretty impactful and made the movie very good.

Otherwise I agree with you, the first 3/4 of the movie I found sadly forgettable.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

CrazyScruffy
06.29.2017 , 05:17 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by bluehufsa View Post

Umm is Disney making the SW movies too? Cause they really look like parodies .
is this an honest question? because yes, Disney is making the SW movies. and they are in far better hands then they were in George Lucas'. Rouge One was the best start wars film to date. Everyone dying was a huge bonus! and the attention to detail and overall tie in to the whole sage was beyond well done.

t-darko
06.30.2017 , 03:20 AM | #14
Just a general point to make here really; It's a good thing that the Franchise getting bigger, there's no rule as a Star Wars Fan that says that you have to like everything being done, so there should be stuff coming out that would suit every taste. And Movies, Television shows, books, comics, they are all considered artforms, and as such the beholder determine its beauty and value.

I just don't recommend anyone to stare at art they consider Bad for too long though . . .

AshurDarksoul
07.05.2017 , 12:34 PM | #15
I actually enjoyed rogue one a lot. I liked the darker side of the rebels (cassian murdering his informant etc.) Kind of reminded me of the han solo shot first issue and solo's questionable morality. I enjoyed the story more than force awakens.

Ashur

This is NOT the Friends Referral Link your looking for ...
http://www.swtor.com/r/bzx7pl

DarkSaberMaster
07.11.2017 , 07:17 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AshurDarksoul View Post
I actually enjoyed rogue one a lot. I liked the darker side of the rebels (cassian murdering his informant etc.) Kind of reminded me of the han solo shot first issue and solo's questionable morality. I enjoyed the story more than force awakens.

Ashur
Same. It's my favorite Star Wars movie so far. I actually found TFA to be utterly disappointing. I watched it once and never watched it again. Rogue One I can watch again and again.
Referral link to claim your new or returning player rewards.
Ezs'ra: Sith Mara
Harbinger

Celise
07.11.2017 , 09:45 AM | #17
i didn't think much of the film, the droid companion felt more like a decoration than a fitting companion on the journey.
similar to Worf was on TNG, just a decoration in the corner with no real purpose until season 2 and beyond. i felt the character had enough potential to be seen a few more times, but like all the rest, it was destroyed by stormtroopers that can actually shoot straight! .

the female lead didn't have enough personality or presence to be leading the group honestly. the right type of person is the one who knows how to inspire their fellow man to join them of a suicide mission. i don't mean to the point of commander shepard on ME vs reapers , but enough to get everyone fired up enough to do the job and to follow her.

the blind dude i swear is a jedi and an exiled one at that but has no lightsaber, probably to protect himself from being identified. i know blind people can learn to adapt around their condition and sharpen their senses a bit, but that fighting scene was a bit over the top for a regular blind man, he had to adapt to use the force to "see" his targets and "feel" when they are about the strike.

the other guy with him, the one with the gun, he is similar to the droid, another plant in a corner looking pretty but not much to him than that. another character with potential wasted.

that courier, the asian guy? i felt his character wasn't used enough in the film, i could see a lot of potential but like the rest,, KIA.

finally that republic spy guy, adding too much complexity made it hard to follow what he was doing, consequently it felt like i was missing chunks of storyline that never existed. i'm not sure whatto make of him as a result.

blackphantome
07.11.2017 , 10:06 AM | #18
I LOVED Rogue One. And I hate TFA. Rogue One was fresh and had the right sense of humor, depicted the dark side of the universe and had a simple but enjoyable story.

TFA was just a very bad joke.
I did not steal your droid.

Wintersportverein Tatooine

NinjaBoyCameron
07.12.2017 , 12:11 PM | #19
I honestly was really liking the movie... until the end. I started to dislike it when everybody started getting killed for no reason...
Would you like 7 days added to your subscription, a bunch of extra items on every character you make, and much more? Use my referral code at http://www.swtor.com/r/pm9w6s!

DarthVitrial
07.12.2017 , 05:29 PM | #20
I absolutely hated TFA, doubt there are even words to express how much.

Rogue One, on the other hand, is one of my all time favorite movies, I'd put it on par with Empire Strikes Back.
Pythirr Falton of the Harbinger.
Shadow of Revan Beta Tester
Become my Referral via this link
to get a Preferred Friends Bundle and 7 days added to your subscription (I will get Cartel Coins).
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I support blindly your salmon.