Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rogue One being a disappointment

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Rogue One being a disappointment

bluehufsa
06.24.2017 , 09:26 AM | #1
Honestly, how is that a SW film? It has nothing interesting, only lame and bad written characters..

1. Galen & Lyra Erso look dirtier than pigs, if he's such a genius engineer why doesn't he make a water extraction machine?
2. Lyra Erso being hysterical, what chances does she think she has against a group of armed people?
3. Galen Erso being a COWARD, not destroying the Death Star himself, as the chief engineer he could have said " guys, i need to check the generator, alone, it might be dangerous to follow me there"
4. The blind guy should have been a jedi and have an epic duel with Darth Vader - all the public would have loved that..
5. The Imperial droid saying " i'm taking the prisoners to be imprisoned in the prison" . LAME! Pathetic!

Umm is Disney making the SW movies too? Cause they really look like parodies .

Aeneas_Falco
06.24.2017 , 09:38 AM | #2
I thought Rogue One was a decent film. I'd go so far as to say it was the best Star Wars film since The Empire Strike Back.

LeelaSeventen
06.24.2017 , 09:52 AM | #3
I liked Rogue One, though I thought Force Awakens was the better movie. It felt like a Star wars movie to me. I thought Rogue One was a good in between movie.

Punakaali
06.24.2017 , 11:58 AM | #4
1. When man goes to live a simple life, he won't care anymore.
2. If kill Krennic -> husband saved. A better aim would have helped a lot, though.
3. Perhaps designers don't just do that? With projects this big, this could be very probable.
4. Can't have too many jedis here, it'd've undered* Luke and co.
5. Where would you imprison your prisoners, then?

*) Apparently not a proper word, but it serves its purpose.
No referral here as I don't have one. But you can still give me free stuff in-game.

bluehufsa
06.24.2017 , 01:36 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Punakaali View Post
1. When man goes to live a simple life, he won't care anymore.
2. If kill Krennic -> husband saved. A better aim would have helped a lot, though.
3. Perhaps designers don't just do that? With projects this big, this could be very probable.
4. Can't have too many jedis here, it'd've undered* Luke and co.
5. Where would you imprison your prisoners, then?

*) Apparently not a proper word, but it serves its purpose.
LOL what a troll! Simple life = dirty as a pig? BLEAH !
Lyra= mentally ill
Vader killing some poor soldiers, really? LAME.
No jedi vs sith conflict? why not?

MadDutchman
06.26.2017 , 08:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by bluehufsa View Post
LOL what a troll! Simple life = dirty as a pig? BLEAH !
Lyra= mentally ill
Vader killing some poor soldiers, really? LAME.
No jedi vs sith conflict? why not?
Have you ever lived in a rural environment? been in a rural environment? You know not everyone lives in the obnoxiously sterilized environs of hand sanitizers and disinfectant wipes. Not everyone wants to.

And calling someone a troll for disagreeing with you is simply foolish and immature. Not to mention a notable lack of vocabulary.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

TyonYlle
06.28.2017 , 02:47 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
And calling someone a troll for disagreeing with you is simply foolish and immature. Not to mention a notable lack of vocabulary.
Give this person a cookie!

Not to mention that this is INCREDIBLY rude!

Quote: Originally Posted by bluehufsa View Post
Lyra= mentally ill
Not cool, brah

But yeah, Rogue One did its job, IF you watch it correctly. It was purely the story about the moments UP UNTIL C3PO and R2 escaped to Tatooine with the plans for the Death Star. I actually thought it was neat how everyone ended up dying because after all, that's how legends are made!
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

HobbitDew
06.28.2017 , 09:28 AM | #8
It was somewhat decent, the story was not that good though. On a scale 1/10 i give it a 5

Eloi_BG
06.28.2017 , 11:14 AM | #9
I thought Rogue One was great, better re-watch value than FA, but am open to critics. However,
1. How does this make it not SW or bad in general?
2. Not making rational decisions in moments like that is kinda normal. Would you want all your life to think you might have been able to kill Krennic and stopped it all?
3. From what I understand he was under high supervision, might have been possible anyway but the goal of the movie was to justify the weakness of the Death Star and lead on to ANH. Their narrative was kinda needing to hold on to that, to make it a SW movie.
4. No. In respect to the SW universe he could not have been. A duel with Darth Vader makes no sense (and lore wise if he was even close to Vader in skill enough to make a duel interesting that would make even less sense). Vader's presence was good: limited and epic.
5. Don't remember the exact quote, but how is this lame? This is classic SW droid awkward social interaction (bad at improvising C3-P0 kinda thing). Not SW if there are no droids to laugh at.
Nemio the Acceptable Player

TyonYlle
06.28.2017 , 11:30 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Eloi_BG View Post
3. From what I understand he was under high supervision.
This is almost guaranteed! I think, it would be less unlikely that they wouldn't be watching his every move, and a little naive to think that he would of had any time when he wasn't being monitored.
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading