Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Facing the Machines of War - how to get rid of it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Facing the Machines of War - how to get rid of it

masterceil
09.11.2017 , 06:36 AM | #11
Anyone file bug reports or contact CS? I assume this was action BW took in response to angry people wanting the mission, but abandoned it with every other Iokath mission so they could change factions. They ended up putting this mission on the daily terminal so it could be reacquired - I don't see why they felt the need to stop people abandoning it if they so choose...
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

Gilrenna
01.21.2018 , 02:05 PM | #12
I submitted a bug report and they replied that it was a bug that would be fixed in a future update, but that was months ago. Why hasn't it been fixed by now?!

Yorioko
01.21.2018 , 05:48 PM | #13
Some moron thinks it is a mandatory OPS to be allowed to progress and is too dumb to go toa termnal and pick it up....after all the termianals re SOOOOOOOOOOOO hard to find LOL.

No we should be allowed to abandon any and all mission at any time........anything less makes no sense at all

DanielAstrol
07.04.2018 , 11:05 PM | #14
I agree. Let us abandon it! Noone should be forced to do a mission or a mission-series if they don't want to....
Here's my REF link. Click to get the goodies.
http://www.swtor.com/r/qmgJH3

merovejec
07.05.2018 , 11:07 PM | #15
Yes I have it on some toons too, but if I will find the time I will do the operation, since you only have to kill Tyth for the mission to complete itself.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

VKholarienn
07.07.2018 , 05:16 AM | #16
Agreed, you should be able to abandon any mission that is not tied to advancing the storyline. Opened a ticket and the rep said to post in the suggestion box - I did but don't have high hopes there.

VKholarienn
07.08.2018 , 08:20 AM | #17
Response to my customer service ticket:

"As mentioned in my in-game message, I understand your surprise when you figure it out that any of your characters was allowed to abandon the operation “Facing the machines of war”.

I verified what’s happening and according to my verification, there is no issue. The only way to remove this operation from your mission logs is to complete it.

As Customer Service can’t directly make change on the game mechanics (only developers can do that), I invite you to raise your feedback to the developers.

The best way to do that and ask for a change from the developers (add the option to abandon this operation) is to post on the SW:TOR forum in the “Suggestion box” section and make it as a trending topic (I am pretty sure that you’re not the only one who wants a change on that). Here is the link where you can post this idea: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

I hope that developers will bring a change in a future update and again thank you for your help."

ObsidianBones
07.08.2018 , 10:13 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by VKholarienn View Post
Response to my customer service ticket:

"As mentioned in my in-game message, I understand your surprise when you figure it out that any of your characters was allowed to abandon the operation “Facing the machines of war”.

I verified what’s happening and according to my verification, there is no issue. The only way to remove this operation from your mission logs is to complete it.

As Customer Service can’t directly make change on the game mechanics (only developers can do that), I invite you to raise your feedback to the developers.

The best way to do that and ask for a change from the developers (add the option to abandon this operation) is to post on the SW:TOR forum in the “Suggestion box” section and make it as a trending topic (I am pretty sure that you’re not the only one who wants a change on that). Here is the link where you can post this idea: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

I hope that developers will bring a change in a future update and again thank you for your help."
Pardon my snort but do the devs even read the forums anymore? Seems to me that they don't but maybe that's just me ranting a bit as I also want to get this operation off my mission log. I can't stand the fact that it takes up one of the slots and we should be able to abandon it if we, for one reason or another, can't complete it.