Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Facing the Machines of War - how to get rid of it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Facing the Machines of War - how to get rid of it

Sarova
06.20.2017 , 05:13 PM | #1
I picked up the Operation Quest 'Facing the Machine's of War' by mistake ( I was running round doing dailies for the weekly conquest points & managed to get this quest, other wise I don't bother with Iokath).
Given that I'm probably listed in the "weird people you meet in flashpoints thread," serious group stuff, (especially ops), is not for me in this game. How do I get rid of this quest from my log? I thought Ops were optional (I picked up the Oricon one by mistake and was able to abandon that one).

Help appreciated (abuse not so much).
♥ Quinn Wins. Honour the Quinnmancers with Quinn Treats
Original & New LIs In Future Stories
I Want This Sky Trooper as a Companion Please
Magical Clicky Link

SeraphAnubis
07.01.2017 , 12:33 PM | #2
I'm in the same boat. I'd really like to abandon the OP myself. Nobody has any information?
Master Dolenzo-Jedi Guardian (Republic)
Darth Araknis-Sith Juggernaut (Imperial)
Shadowlands server
Here's my referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/t7wBm6

juliushorst
07.02.2017 , 05:09 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
Given that I'm probably listed in the "weird people you meet in flashpoints thread," serious group stuff, (especially ops), is not for me in this game. ).
I'm probably a weird person too... but I got this (and all other SM Ops) done. And don't worry about being mentioned in that topic. On SM it has almost no mechanics. The only thing you need to do is to break from DPSing the boss to kill adds from time to time. And even if you don't do that you won't be mentioned in the topic because at least half of the groups I was doing it with were mostly tunnel-visioning the boss until either the boss or the group died
So, do the ops... or wait for BW to fix the bug.

Torvai
07.03.2017 , 12:14 AM | #4
Same as any other quest.
Open your log, select the quest, click onto abandon.

Upirlikhyi
07.03.2017 , 03:11 AM | #5
for some reason there are a few quests that you can not get rid of. I have i think the Ilum quest and abandon is greyed ut
I'm happy to pull my veins out
And braid a rope, I don't need hope
To know that you die slow

JLazarillo
07.05.2017 , 06:05 PM | #6
Apparently it could be abandoned at one point, if there's a 5.3 bugfix that allows it to be re-acquired. Yet at the moment, it seems fully railroaded (and even if it's abandon-able, the story still, presumably, forces you to take the setup, which it shouldn't do in the first place).

Gilrenna
09.06.2017 , 12:41 PM | #7
There was an update to the game recently. Why was this not fixed then? It's ridiculous.

orangenee
09.06.2017 , 05:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Upirlikhyi View Post
for some reason there are a few quests that you can not get rid of. I have i think the Ilum quest and abandon is greyed ut
You can only ditch Ilum once you get as far as the flashpoints which means it's nearly over anyway.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

merovejec
09.07.2017 , 12:17 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
Same as any other quest.
Open your log, select the quest, click onto abandon.
You cant click on abandon.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

IoNonSoEVero
09.10.2017 , 03:30 AM | #10
Yep, as the others have said, it can't be abandoned. It's annoying. I'm not doing the Op, so I'd rather not have it take up a mission slot.