Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snoke is Darth Plagueis the Wise

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Snoke is Darth Plagueis the Wise

Zidovain
11.11.2017 , 12:58 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiDonJorn View Post
Really not getting why this group of people is so adamant about Snoke being Plagueis.
I mean, why?
Why is there such a vested interest in him being Plageuis?
It doesn't make any sense.
It's a mere speculation slash theory well pursued by many. An interesting one at that imo.

Leklor
11.11.2017 , 08:36 AM | #22
My personal take on this is that Snoke should not be Plagueis. For a simple reason: It should never be revealed wether or not Plagueis was actually real. The whole point of the scene is that, like Anakin, you are supposed to wonder if Palpatine is telling even a tiny bit of truth or not.
I liked Luceno's book from the Legends continuity (One of my favourite as far as I remember) but Plagueis should remain a mystery. His race, his motivations, and most important of all: If he was real or not.
This is a referral link, use at your own risk:
http://www.swtor.com/r/l72c4c

Zidovain
11.12.2017 , 03:41 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Leklor View Post
My personal take on this is that Snoke should not be Plagueis. For a simple reason: It should never be revealed wether or not Plagueis was actually real. The whole point of the scene is that, like Anakin, you are supposed to wonder if Palpatine is telling even a tiny bit of truth or not.
I liked Luceno's book from the Legends continuity (One of my favourite as far as I remember) but Plagueis should remain a mystery. His race, his motivations, and most important of all: If he was real or not.
I guess that boils down to ones own biases. But I see your point, keeping Plagueis a mystery makes his existence even more interesting. But I'm sure at some point he will be revealed, may NOT be as Snoke but as one grand jaw dropping reveal I most certainly would want to see.

fishpeople
11.12.2017 , 10:13 AM | #24
what if he's the dark side version of 'the chosen one' ?

MajorZuma
11.12.2017 , 04:59 PM | #25
Okay if he is Plageuis or if he is a fresh new character, what's the deal with the wounds. I can't tell if it's cause the cgi got better or if the wounds healed from The Last Jedi trailer to the Force Awakens scene with Snoke.

But go back and look and you will see that he for sure looks different, in my opinion more human and healed.

Zidovain
11.13.2017 , 06:22 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MajorZuma View Post
Okay if he is Plageuis or if he is a fresh new character, what's the deal with the wounds. I can't tell if it's cause the cgi got better or if the wounds healed from The Last Jedi trailer to the Force Awakens scene with Snoke.

But go back and look and you will see that he for sure looks different, in my opinion more human and healed.
The likely story behind that is he is in the process of regenerating his flesh since he was "killed" by his apprentice Sidious/Palpatine. Vague but it is just a plausible lore for the now deformed Snoke.

Quote: Originally Posted by fishpeople View Post
what if he's the dark side version of 'the chosen one' ?
Interesting.. Do expound.

NagaShadowT
11.15.2017 , 12:10 PM | #27
"Rey is x!"
"Snoke is x!"

Does no one want to consider that Rey is simply Rey and that Snoke is simply Snoke? God forbid the geniuses at Star Wars create some original characters, eh?

Besides, we know who Snoke is. He is heavily alluded to in the books. Palpatine was aware of an extremely powerful dark side entity calling to him from unknown space. He set up a secret listening/research outpost on Jakku from where they were eventually going to stage expeditions into the Unknown Regions. After his death, Jakku eventually became the site of the Empire's final stand, where the survivors were forced to flee and eventually founded the First Order. Most likely, they found Snoke (or more likely, Snoke found them).

In summation: Snoke is Snoke.
There must be both dark and light. I will do what I must to keep the balance, as the balance is what holds all life. There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish.

MajorZuma
11.15.2017 , 04:29 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by NagaShadowT View Post
"Rey is x!"
"Snoke is x!"

Does no one want to consider that Rey is simply Rey and that Snoke is simply Snoke? God forbid the geniuses at Star Wars create some original characters, eh?

Besides, we know who Snoke is. He is heavily alluded to in the books. Palpatine was aware of an extremely powerful dark side entity calling to him from unknown space. He set up a secret listening/research outpost on Jakku from where they were eventually going to stage expeditions into the Unknown Regions. After his death, Jakku eventually became the site of the Empire's final stand, where the survivors were forced to flee and eventually founded the First Order. Most likely, they found Snoke (or more likely, Snoke found them).

In summation: Snoke is Snoke.

I disagree. I think Disney's intention to make Snokes and Reys identity a mystery was obvious. The whole flashback scene and the fact that it's emphasized she doesn't know who her parents are or "what her place in this world is".

I mean just think of Anakins lightsaber calling out to her and quite frankly the fact that she is the star of the new trilogy is why I think her identity is extremely significant to the story.

Snoke himself may be a fresh character but I for sure think he is connected to someone or something from the past movies. I dont think they would make him so original that there is no connection to any of the old characters. Especially since to the viewer the new characters themselves aren't totally complete.

Rey as far as we know is still pretty much in her origin part as a character and storywise. This movie will probably be the bridge between her being an amateur/beginner in TFA and a powerful Jedi in episode 9. Just like the OT and the Prequel Trilogy with Luke and Anakin.

WaveRun
11.15.2017 , 04:51 PM | #29
Rey's parents I think are Del and Iden Versio. Play the campaign and you'll have tons of questions left unasnwered

Subscriber Since Day 1
Coming Back? Already Returned? Use my R-A-F Link For BONUS!!! Items
Actively opposed to BioWares continuing endorsement of Gift EXPLOIT

cool-dude
11.16.2017 , 03:13 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by WaveRun View Post
Rey's parents I think are Del and Iden Versio. Play the campaign and you'll have tons of questions left unasnwered
I seriously doubt that Disney is going to allow the movies to have that strong of a connection to a video game, that half of its audience probably will not play.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"