Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snoke is Darth Plagueis the Wise

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Snoke is Darth Plagueis the Wise

Zidovain
06.20.2017 , 10:24 AM | #1
Yes?

No?

MadDutchman
06.20.2017 , 05:16 PM | #2
No

Not even the right species
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Zidovain
06.21.2017 , 05:28 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
No

Not even the right species
Darth Plagueis the Wise found a way to "cheat" death or have power over it.. He may have chosen Snoke as his vessel for a reason. Hence, it's not his original form, thus appearing as a different specie. Perhaps done through a similar practice performed by Tenebrae (a.k.a. Vitiate/Valkorion).

BradTheImpaler
06.21.2017 , 07:41 PM | #4
No.

In the words of Malastare Senator Ask Aak, "The debate is over."
JJ Abrams, Pablo Hidalgo, and others have officially said, "NO!" Even before that, it was explicitly stated Snoke is not a Sith. The Sith are destroyed...that was the whole point of the prophecy being fulfilled.

All of these half-baked theories are rooted in a trick of language: The question is, "Who is Snoke?" This got twisted into meaning Snoke is *really* someone else. What the question really means is: What's his story? Where did he come from? Just who is this guy?

All we know is he's a dark-side aligned Force-sensitive alien who "watched the Galactic Empire rise and then fall."
"The gullible prattle on about the triumph of truth and justice, of individualism and free will, as if such things were solid and real instead of simple subjective judgments."
- Supreme Leader Snoke

Zidovain
06.23.2017 , 08:03 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
No.

JJ Abrams, Pablo Hidalgo, and others have officially said, "NO!" Even before that, it was explicitly stated Snoke is not a Sith. The Sith are destroyed...that was the whole point of the prophecy being fulfilled.

All of these half-baked theories are rooted in a trick of language: The question is, "Who is Snoke?" This got twisted into meaning Snoke is *really* someone else. What the question really means is: What's his story? Where did he come from? Just who is this guy?

All we know is he's a dark-side aligned Force-sensitive alien who "watched the Galactic Empire rise and then fall."
That's a pretty direct approach. That being said, we just can't wait to find out about Snoke's lore. Could he be a major player in the shadows or yet another pawn to awaken a deeper entity from the dark side of the force.

Interesting indeed.

Kaedusz
06.24.2017 , 10:04 AM | #6
That would be too much of a contradiction of the Plagueis novel and it would be controversial. The Canon so far has not been that different at least where it truly counts and can't be overlooked in comparison to ''Legends''.
Such a move would put it directly opposite to one of the best materials of what is now ''Legends'', which i don't think would be a smart thing.

No.

This can be overcome by saying that Plagueis chose not to be a Sith anymore after surviving in some way Palpatine's attempt. Just a Dark Sider, that's all.
7 days free subscription ---- > http://www.swtor.com/r/k9W2FP

MasterKyral
06.24.2017 , 12:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Zidovain View Post
Yes?

No?

Darth Plagueis was killed by palpatine right before the day palpatine became the supreme chancellor, so there is no chance at all, since palpatine also removed his breathing systems so plagueis was unable to breathe, he eventually died, not being able to save himself (also palpatine electrocuted him and slashed him with his lightsaber, so there is no chance he could have survived
http://www.swtor.com/r/H3P7KC
Use my referral code and you will be granted 7 days of access to premium account content ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Joluka
06.27.2017 , 12:20 PM | #8
No.

The Sith better not be dead for good.

Sith vs. Jedi is what makes Star Wars awesome, screw the prophecy, the Sith are all about reeling in the Force against itself, not bending to it. I can totally see Kylo Ren being like, "I'm a Sith now," and becoming powerful enough to shatter the prophecy with the dark side.
The Conrad Legacy

"I wasn't planning to live forever anyway. I'm in."

CrazyScruffy
06.27.2017 , 01:07 PM | #9
going off the new lego sets for the last Jedi, Snoke is garbed in very traditional Jedi robes. we'll have to see what that means

Zidovain
07.18.2017 , 06:55 PM | #10
It appears many have conflicting views about who really Snoke is.

The discussion has piked my interested even more and have more questions than answers as a result.. Not that it's a bad thing.