Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kinda new need help with crew skills

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Kinda new need help with crew skills

lopezisgay
06.20.2017 , 05:51 AM | #1
I have been told that having the slicing crew skill is a good way to profit. Only thing tho is I haven't the slightest idea on how crew skills work. All that I know is that I have the crew skill but I don't know what do at all now. Help would be much appreciated!

Big_Marser
06.20.2017 , 07:12 AM | #2
So slicing is a gathering skill. On your way upon the planets you'll see little flower-like icons on your mini map in your nieghborhood. Run to them, there are clickable items (called nodes) in the landscape. In case of slicing, these are such as "credit tresor" or "credit chests", name is depending on planets gathering node level. Just right click them and your toon or your comp will grab it - in case of slicing you get little suitcases in your inventory which spend you an amount of credits on right click. Number of suitcases you get depends on your level above nodes level, you'll get up to 3 cases. Number of credits earned per suitcase depends on your overall skill level and char level.

Example: while you are new to the skill, gathering on Coruscant, you get only one or two cases per node, and every case gets you just a little amount, just like 50 to 80 credits per case. And while I am level 70 with skill level 600, catching chests on Zakuul, I'll get 2 or 3 cases per chest, earning something above 2000 credits per case.
active @ Tulak Hord
Currently 48 Chars
Republic: 13x Lvl70 Tier1, 11xLowLvl
Empire: 14x Lvl70 Tier1, 10x LowLvl

Mithros
06.23.2017 , 08:16 PM | #3
Slicing works as noted; There will be slicing nodes on the planets that you can access for goodies.

Every gathering skill works this way with different nodes for different skills providing different types of materials.

The other thing you can do with slicing is to open the crew skill window and pick missions to send companions on.

While it's not the most cost-effective way of gathering materials, with slicing the rewards usually cover the cost of the mission itself.
Free stuff (for you and me)! My referral link.

Beta Squadron 157. The pixel lives on in our hearts.

Vercundus
06.26.2017 , 01:33 AM | #4
If you have been told that crew skills can get you credits, why don't you ask the person who told you that to explain the system and tactics?
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs