omaan

With new patch which increases difficulty by which players receive medals on warzones but also increases the quantity of unessembled components which is gained for it i thought that it is a good change,since iam pretty good in pvp and always get many medals. However, it seems that it was a nerf actually due to much lower amount of unessembled components i started to receive for the fights, even though i iam still receiving the same number of medals i received before. Currently gearing up through pve is MUCH faster compared to pvp because all bosses have guaranteed drops, and devs also planning to make bosses to drop unessembled components... Iam sorry Keith but this is a negative issue i see in your work. People have told you that remooving pvp gear will cause new problems, and one of these problems is balancing both pvp and pve gearing progressions. It is bioware who created this problem - so it is for you to solve it. At the moment pvp requires MUCH buff so that people could gear up through it, you cant FORCE us to run pve the same as you can't force pve players to play pvp. gearing with only pvp takes months and even more, whereas pve is provides much faster opportunity. Pls,fix it, dont force me to run pve. Especially considering that world pvp is dead in this game...

I have to disagree. With PVE you only get to fight a boss ONCE a week for that gear and you roll against 7 other people. So chances are 5-6 of the 8 will get something and 2-3 will get nothing. If you play PVP/GSF only you get UC's towards gear every time you QUE. If you play well you get more - if you play less and sit in the corner crying you still get something. PVE isn't like that so it's a hard comparison to make.

Me - I hate PVP, but I do love GSF. So I've found a balance to fly GSF for UC's to upgrade my PVE gear.

I have to disagree. With PVE you only get to fight a boss ONCE a week for that gear and you roll against 7 other people. So chances are 5-6 of the 8 will get something and 2-3 will get nothing. If you play PVP/GSF only you get UC's towards gear every time you QUE. If you play well you get more - if you play less and sit in the corner crying you still get something. PVE isn't like that so it's a hard comparison to make.

Me - I hate PVP, but I do love GSF. So I've found a balance to fly GSF for UC's to upgrade my PVE gear.

There is only 1 boss in the game, so ya, the PvEers will NEVER get gear...

/sarcasm

People are gearing up faster doing ops? You kidding? What gear are you talking about? Those junk 242 tokens that drop from hm’s that no one uses or the 2 248 tokens that drop if you are lucky enough to be in a nim group that clears the final boss? People are gearing up in 248’s through RnG man, not through the junk gear drops from raiding. I hate to break the news to you.

We told them in 5.0 beta just to give the PvPer’s the gear right out of the gate, that you guys didn’t want to waste time gearing up, but they did not listen, hell they did not listen to anything we said and that is why the game is in the state it is.

Right now the fastest way to gear up is through RNG. Dumb I know. I hate it too. Open up your 1500 boxes to get your 14 pieces like the rest of us, how you get there is up to you.

Now please for the love of God, stop crying.

Oh and btw, when will you PvPer's realize that being good has nothing at all to do with the gear you have or the balance between the classes. It all comes down to skill at the end of the day. So learn not to suck. And one last thing, Life is unfair, that is the way it is, learn to adapt.

Edited by Chelz

This kind of a joke ye? Operation has 6-7 bosses which actually means most of the group members will get something (1 gear part per person), and queue through group finder isn't the only one way of completing ops, there are few ops which could be completed directly (for example the one with dread masters). So it's not ONCE per week as you said.

People are gearing up faster doing ops? You kidding? What gear are you talking about? Those junk 242 tokens that drop from hm’s that no one uses or the 2 248 tokens that drop if you are lucky enough to be in a nim group that clears the final boss? People are gearing up in 248’s through RnG man, not through the junk gear drops from raiding. I hate to break the news to you.

We told them in 5.0 beta just to give the PvPer’s the gear right out of the gate, that you guys didn’t want to waste time gearing up, but they did not listen, hell they did not listen to anything we said and that is why the game is in the state it is.

Right now the fastest way to gear up is through RNG. Dumb I know. I hate it too. Open up your 1500 boxes to get your 14 pieces like the rest of us, how you get there is up to you.

Now please for the love of God, stop crying.

Oh and btw, when will you PvPer's realize that being good has nothing at all to do with the gear you have or the balance between the classes. It all comes down to skill at the end of the day. So learn not to suck. And one last thing, Life is unfair, that is the way it is, learn to adapt.

Pve players cried about slow gearing, you think your better? I will write as many threads as i want lol, and many other pvp players will do so as you did when pve gearing was bad. You should learn to respect other players

Bwahahahaahhaah *gasp* (cant breathe) ahem* no

your theory that "being good" is not based on gear is 100% not MMO based. MMO is designed around gear prgression so you can do things that are to hrdr to good at. so how about you go into a NiM ToS in 230s an come an say "see, gear is a L2P issue" or do ranked in 230s an eat a 45k heatseeker missile through your dcd. lulz, this was literally the most hilarious thing Ive seen in awhile on the forums.

as for class balance? lol, if you honestly believe if theres one class with 2 more hp bars than anyone else, and everyone who cant win is a L2P issue, you need to L2P

Edited by Seterade

People are gearing up faster doing ops? You kidding?
Ummm...obviously they are. Ops drop an entire set piece on EVERY boss, 2 on the final boss. It's been fantastic for PvE Ops players...but PvP is still left light-years behind in gearing. It's honestly not even close...PvE is absolutely the fastest way to gear grind...by leaps and bounds.

Ummm...obviously they are. Ops drop an entire set piece on EVERY boss, 2 on the final boss. It's been fantastic for PvE Ops players...but PvP is still left light-years behind in gearing. It's honestly not even close...PvE is absolutely the fastest way to gear grind...by leaps and bounds.

Only up to 242 ilvl, then you can't get a full set of PVE gear unless you either get them from the crates or you PVP. Both sides are lacking, but I would say PVE has it worse because at least it's possible to get bis from PVP.

Only up to 242 ilvl, then you can't get a full set of PVE gear unless you either get them from the crates or you PVP. Both sides are lacking, but I would say PVE has it worse because at least it's possible to get bis from PVP.

"Only"

This is why we need Expertise back.

You couldn't be more wrong.

For PvP, you need to buy those bits one at a time - you need to buy a 230 piece, a 236 piece, a 242 piece and finally a 248 piece...you trade them in to get the next piece...you need to buy FOUR pieces for every ONE piece you actually need. By the time you do that, you'll have gotten the items from RNG boxes most likely...and even if you hadn't, you'd still be better off going from PvE 242 gear to the final piece of 248 gear from PvP. PvE is 100% the fastest, most efficient and best way to gear up...unquestionably.

And I'm sorry, but since when is a full set of 242's not called a "full set"? You can gear out entirely via PvE in under 4-hours of Ops...that same amount of time in PvP would likely get you 1-2 pieces of 230 gear at best.

You couldn't be more wrong.

For PvP, you need to buy those bits one at a time - you need to buy a 230 piece, a 236 piece, a 242 piece and finally a 248 piece...you trade them in to get the next piece...you need to buy FOUR pieces for every ONE piece you actually need. By the time you do that, you'll have gotten the items from RNG boxes most likely...and even if you hadn't, you'd still be better off going from PvE 242 gear to the final piece of 248 gear from PvP. PvE is 100% the fastest, most efficient and best way to gear up...unquestionably.

And I'm sorry, but since when is a full set of 242's not called a "full set"? You can gear out entirely via PvE in under 4-hours of Ops...that same amount of time in PvP would likely get you 1-2 pieces of 230 gear at best.

Nope, I speak as someone that got most of my gear PVPing so I know it's grindy. You don't need to buy 230 gear to upgrade to 236 in the first place, but even if you did, that can be purchased with command tokens. I didn't say that the best way of gearing wasn't a hybrid way of mixing the 2, I said that standalone all things considered, I'd prefer PVP because it has a complete path to gearing in bis which PVE doesn't have. You disagree about the value of bis, and that's ok, but let's not act like PVE doesn't have it's own flaws.

Edited by Dewlmenow

Hey man, I'll take those "junk 242 tokens" all day long, please. I don't even have full 242 on my main. But that reinforces the point that it is much faster to get to full 242 via operations than it is to get there via PvP.

I know that it's RNG only for getting 248 without doing any PvP, which sucks for sure. The quality of solo queue warzones has taken a nosedive, probably because there are loads of people who hate PvP going semi-afk (gotta reset that auto-kick timer) during the games to get their guaranteed Components. So us PvP'ers hate it too.

I get that BW wanted to drum up more activity and get players to go do that other thing that they don't care for (PvE or PvP), so they set it up to be much faster to get 242 via one thing, and guaranteed 248 via the other thing (albeit slowly). But quality > quantity in my opinion. I used to never leave warzone games, but when I see so many players not even trying...I'm not sticking around. I've left more games in the past month than I ever did in the years prior.

Edited by teclado

Give Operations UC's, give PvP a CXP buff.

Nah, I'm not a fan of that idea. That would mean that operations would still be the best path to 242 and just as good of a path to 248. Meanwhile, PvP'ers get a grind + RNG. I don't want more RNG. In fact, I'd like to be able to ignore CXP and Galactic Command entirely.

I vote to bring back PvP gear. Let the raiders who hate PvP do their raids. Let those who like PvP do their thing. Those who like both can do both. Carrying a second gear set is no big deal. But there are other options. For example, give us a "PvP gear tab" and a "PvE gear tab." Give everybody a starter PvP set (Recruit gear) that goes to the PvP tab, so that when you enter a warzone your PvP tab becomes active and you get full expertise from the start. You get Warzone Commendations from PvP that can be used to purchase PvP gear that you can apply to your PvP tab. You could set the freebie ratings to e.g. 230 rating, then have a purchasable e.g. 236 and 242 set. Bolster no longer needed. The freebie set (that you don't have to keep in your inventory - it's on the PvP tab) is the new bolster.

Of course they would probably have to wait until 6.0 to do something like that. Else there might be a lot of people angry that they had to grind a 248 set, only for it to be rendered useless for PvP (no expertise on it). Ok, "might be" is a poor choice of words. :mad:

Dont forget that Musco Also said they are going to make bosses drop unassembled components ^^ with this new feature we will see everyone running ops for gearing now.

Edited by omaan

Give Operations UC's, give PvP a CXP buff.

That actually wont work since from 1-299 good quality hear drop ration is good, yet on 300 lvl it'a hell of a nightmare - two bis gear drops from 90 crates. The drop rating is very low, mostly it's blue 244 gear lol. Besides even if you get luck to receive a bis gear (though unlikely) it can be a copy of which you already have :/

Eaware just created a new problem for their heads, now they must balance both gearing progressions in order which is really difficult. People don't want to be forced doing thing they DONT LIKE to do. I like only pvp, why should i pve? Some players like only pve so why should they pvp? Another problem is that MMO is build in a way that people are trying to gear up as fast as they can which means they will do more activities which actually let them gear up faster. I already see pvl guilds running ops instead of warzones which results in more queue time waiting and less player diversity on warzones.

Nah, I'm not a fan of that idea. That would mean that operations would still be the best path to 242 and just as good of a path to 248. Meanwhile, PvP'ers get a grind + RNG. I don't want more RNG. In fact, I'd like to be able to ignore CXP and Galactic Command entirely.

If you had a character at 300 (which I doubt, since you're probably a PvP'er), you'd know that GC is in fact a very reliable way to get good gear. Yes there's RNG, but getting 246+ on all slots doesn't take that much luck if you get lots of crates. And once you have a character geared out, you can start handing those 246+ mods to alts. In addition, left-side gear can be crafted for your alts as well since you now get 246 schematics.

I would add a CXP pack on par with a Rare Operation CXP Pack for every PvP daily. That way you can play your alts to get UC's and CXP packs for your main.

As for UC's in Operations, I don't want too many and I want them to depend on boss difficulty. Very few for SM operations (like 1-4 per boss), not a lot for HM (4-8 per boss), but a significant amount for NiM (8-20 per boss).

That actually wont work since from 1-299 good quality hear drop ration is good, yet on 300 lvl it'a hell of a nightmare - two bis gear drops from 90 crates.

246 gear is more than enough for PvP. The difference between mixed 246-248 gear and full 248 gear is minuscule.

Edited by Eli_Porter

I have to disagree. With PVE you only get to fight a boss ONCE a week for that gear and you roll against 7 other people. So chances are 5-6 of the 8 will get something and 2-3 will get nothing.

Not true at all. Every single operation run I've done has had a simple rule: Everyone gets one piece of gear.

This only gets complicated if people ninja or if people drop group after some bosses have been completed.

If you had a character at 300 (which I doubt, since you're probably a PvP'er), you'd know that GC is in fact a very reliable way to get good gear.

You would be correct. I have one character at 292, one in the 140 range, and 5-6 more in the 40-50 range. My gripe with CXP is not just that the crates are RNG, but that the fastest way (by far) to get CXP is to do things other than PvP. Chapter 1 MM is how I got many of my 292 levels on my Mara (I would estimate at least half of them), and that is really friggin' boring. But that is several times faster than running warzones, so I'd probably still be in the ~150 range if I were only running warzones.

CXP makes me do really boring things in order to get some gear that I need for optimal performance in the things that I actually want to play. This isn't a game, apparently. It's a second job where you have to do things that you don't want to do in order to get currency to be able to afford the things that you actually want to do.

Edited by teclado

You would be correct. I have one character at 292, one in the 140 range, and 5-6 more in the 40-50 range. My gripe with CXP is not just that the crates are RNG, but that the fastest way (by far) to get CXP is to do things other than PvP.

Which is exactly the reason for buffing PvP CXP. It's fine that FP's give more CXP than PvP, but it's not fine that they give up to double if not triple as much.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Not true at all. Every single operation run I've done has had a simple rule: Everyone gets one piece of gear.

This only gets complicated if people ninja or if people drop group after some bosses have been completed.

FIVE Bosses drop usually 5 Tokens plus a 2nd Token on last boss. So eight people and each person gets an item how? Simple math is 8 people - 6 tokens means 2 people get nothing. Except S&V this is pretty simple. :)

There is only 1 boss in the game, so ya, the PvEers will NEVER get gear...

/sarcasm

Sorry... we do have multiple bosses - but you can only kill them each ONCE a week. You can PVP non-stop for days and buy tokens and upgrades non-stop. Yea.. typical PVP vs PVE issue and not going to be solved here. Don't tell me PVP players don't jump into PVE for "EASY" gear like EV/KP that is no brain cells required to get tokens from. PVE players have to PVP/GSF to get UC's to upgrade gear so I don't see the issue.

I'm still think that CXP should be LEGACY WIDE like reputation. This entire 300 on each character is moronic and makes having ALTS a complete headache. They should RAISE the bar to 400, remove the 250% CXP Buff and make account wide at the same time. So if you get CXP on one character you get it on another.

This kind of a joke ye? Operation has 6-7 bosses which actually means most of the group members will get something (1 gear part per person), and queue through group finder isn't the only one way of completing ops, there are few ops which could be completed directly (for example the one with dread masters). So it's not ONCE per week as you said.

Seriously - You first need to get 8 people (PVP/GSF) you can solo que. Then you need to actually CLEAR the content. (Some of the SM's I've seen lately are a complete Cluster of useless can't listen individuals). Then you are locked out for a week. Same conversation I mention above - You can sit in a corner in PVP/GSF and cry and still get UC's to purchase gear. You can't do that in PVE - sorry, but PVP vs. PVE grind is never going to see eye to eye. I hate PVP and could care less about PVP. I hate I have to go into PVP/GSF just to get some stupid UC's to BIS my own gear. Sounds familiar? I DO agree with you that PVP and PVE people should be able to gear up in the same amount of time, but that's just not possible. Some of the best pieces in both realms are a PAIN to get and when you get players from OTHER side that don't do that it's a complete MESS. AFK PVPer at node, AFK Scout in GSF, PVP player in PVE that doesn't understand "STAND on this giant hologram that is your color... don't move... (Moves every time).

Which is exactly the reason for buffing PvP CXP. It's fine that FP's give more CXP than PvP, but it's not fine that they give up to double if not triple as much.

Ok, well I'm not going to complain if PvP got a large boost to CXP. But I really want the 3.3 - 4.X PvP gearing system, with actual PvP gear back. Seems like a violation of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" axiom. The 5.0 changes made me seriously think that the BW dress code required pants to be worn on the head (in other words, "pants-on-head retar...").

So here we are, putting more and more duct tape on the ship to patch the leaks. I'm not arguing that we shouldn't try to fix the leaks, just that maybe we shouldn't have punched a bunch of holes in our own hull. By "we" I mean BW.