Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Mailbox UI

Lunafox
06.15.2017 , 12:45 AM | #11
I have to agree, it's a pain in the butt. I'm used to doing things a certain way after all these years and suddenly having to do the opposite is a nuisance. I don't understand why this was needed. It wasn't broken.

And yes, I read the blasted patch notes. It's muscle memory. <.<

Nightblazer
06.15.2017 , 03:12 AM | #12
The only thing that was fine was adding more spacing between the buttons. Other then that the swap was the only part not needed.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

Cawyden
06.15.2017 , 03:30 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
The only thing that was fine was adding more spacing between the buttons. Other then that the swap was the only part not needed.
Agreed - I was hoping they would add some space between the delete and get attachments buttons so I am happy about this.

But the swap is really dangerous because people are used to the old layout. I don't undestand why they had to do this. Just adding the space would have been great.

cyrusramsey
06.15.2017 , 03:53 AM | #14
<cynical mode>

Because of all the complaints, and the fact that changes must not ever be undone, in three patches from now we'll get a big purple circle around the delete button, covering the claim button so it can no longer be used.

Four patches later they will reduce the size of the circle so we'll be able to claim items again, while the dangerous delete button is sufficiently marked to protect us poor, confused gamers.

And I think I will leave cynical mode active for a while. It seems appropriate around here.

TyonYlle
06.15.2017 , 04:10 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cawyden View Post
I don't undestand why they had to do this. Just adding the space would have been great.
This is quoted directly from the launcher. "Updated the mailbox user interface button layout. "Get all attachments" is now next to "select all". Additionally, there is now more space between the "get all attachments" and "delete all" buttons".

From this, we can see they were trying to make it easier for us, by putting the "get all attachments" and "select all" beside one another, probably they thought so we had a shorter distance to tick both boxes. Or, it's like what Cyrus said, and they were getting complaints.
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

Icestar
06.15.2017 , 04:24 AM | #16
I almost deleted 8 million today, luckily I caught it by the popup.

If I were tired or something in the middle of the night I would probably have deleted it.

Change this please!

TyonYlle
06.15.2017 , 04:44 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
I almost deleted 8 million today, luckily I caught it by the popup.

If I were tired or something in the middle of the night I would probably have deleted it.

Change this please!
They can't change it, because people that might have already gotten use to the change will bring us right back here.
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

JennyFlynn
06.15.2017 , 05:25 AM | #18
I read the patchnotes and still almost accidentally deleted my mail. As others have said, muscle memory. I also really see no purpose for switching those particular two buttons around... spreading them further apart sure, but swapping them? Oh well.
Unsubscribed until new story content is provided and/or all companions have returned.

--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

Sportiva
06.15.2017 , 05:51 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TyonYlle View Post
It was in the patch notes, it's just that people don't read anything. ¯\_ツ_/¯ You would have a legitimate complaint if BW hadn't put the change in the patch notes.
I read the patch notes & new about the change. As many have pointed out this is about muscle memory & habit. Over the six years I have played this game, I have probably click the attachment & delete buttons thousand if not tens of thousands of times. Swapping the buttons position was not needed and a stupid decision.
Master Jaice Jenod Guardian | Velo Jenx Gunslinger | Master Gira Jenx Sage | Major Jaxen Jenod Vanguard
Saena Jenod Mercenary | Dulymus Jenod Operative | Darth Scoura Assassin | Darth Zetara Marauder

TyonYlle
06.15.2017 , 06:07 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
I read the patch notes & new about the change. As many have pointed out this is about muscle memory & habit. Over the six years I have played this game, I have probably click the attachment & delete buttons thousand if not tens of thousands of times. Swapping the buttons position was not needed and a stupid decision.
I'm not arguing this it's a cruddy decision, it sucks, I agree, but there's nothing that can be done. Like you said, this is about habit, a "bad habit" I we (myself included) have gotten into with clicking the buttons without reading what they say. If we took our time, read the buttons, this probably would have been avoided.