Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Mailbox UI

Sportiva
06.14.2017 , 09:32 PM | #1
Ummm ... am I just stupid or is this a thing? I've accidentally deleted 2 emails with attachments because of the new UI placements (muscle memory is real my friends).

Was the email UI really that pressing of an issue?

I'm no Rocket Surgeon, but I kind of feel that the Preview Bug or the Disappearing Companion Après Warzone Bug take away a little more QoL than the oh-so-confusing email UI.
Master Jaice Jenod Guardian | Velo Jenx Gunslinger | Master Gira Jenx Sage | Major Jaxen Jenod Vanguard
Saena Jenod Mercenary | Dulymus Jenod Operative | Darth Scoura Assassin | Darth Zetara Marauder

TyonYlle
06.14.2017 , 09:49 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
Ummm ... am I just stupid or is this a thing? I've accidentally deleted 2 emails with attachments because of the new UI placements (muscle memory is real my friends).
It was in the patch notes, it's just that people don't read anything. ¯\_ツ_/¯ You would have a legitimate complaint if BW hadn't put the change in the patch notes.
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

WorldSmasher
06.14.2017 , 10:00 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TyonYlle View Post
It was in the patch notes, it's just that people don't read anything. ¯\_ツ_/¯ You would have a legitimate complaint if BW hadn't put the change in the patch notes.
Even so, it is a legitimate complaint - because not everyone reads the patch note. I'm lucky I saw them posted in the forums. And even then, I was within microseconds of clicking the delete button a number of times.

Maybe if they they change the delete button into a red X and move it a little further away from the other button, it would help cut down the confusion.

TyonYlle
06.14.2017 , 10:56 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by WorldSmasher View Post
Even so, it is a legitimate complaint - because not everyone reads the patch note.
I sympathize, I really do, but if people can't be bothered to read a little bit of patch notes, then I don't know what to say. It isn't as if BW didn't put anything at all, imagine if they didn't put it in the patch notes, remember the whole heroic-credits nerf way back when?

OP might be able to get their stuff back, if they explain in a ticket, but otherwise it sucks, that it's it. It's carelessness, and they should learn from this mistake. Sh*t happens, and like I said it can easily happen to anyone, heck, it's something that I would do.
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

Treeba
06.14.2017 , 11:30 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TyonYlle View Post

OP might be able to get their stuff back, if they explain in a ticket, but otherwise it sucks, that it's it. It's carelessness, and they should learn from this mistake. Sh*t happens, and like I said it can easily happen to anyone, heck, it's something that I would do.
I'd argue it's more muscle memory than carelessness. Let's be honest most people don't read very far into the patch notes if they read them at all.

TyonYlle
06.14.2017 , 11:40 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
I'd argue it's more muscle memory than carelessness. Let's be honest most people don't read very far into the patch notes if they read them at all.
That's still not BW's fault, or something that they should be expected to reimburse, or changed. Even so, I think "muscle memory" is a tired excuse that only goes so far. It is an excuse, but then people rush these things and that's when these mistakes happen, and no one wants to take their time to do things properly. I've always read those buttons, just so I can make sure that I don't delete anything, because I know how much that would suckass, and that it would be my fault.

Like I said, the OP might be able to explain via a ticket to have their stuff returned, but BW shouldn't have to. Mistakes happen, and that's all this was.

Eshvara
06.14.2017 , 11:41 PM | #7
I didn't know something changed...must have been really minor. Or I'm just dense.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

drpwnsmith
06.14.2017 , 11:49 PM | #8
It's totally muscle memory. I've been grabbing all my market sales in bulk for years now and I've almost deleted them twice. It's a stupid change. If they wanted to switch the buttons around, why wouldn't they make them noticeably different? Moving the button 5 pixels to the right is not noticeably different. It was just a bad idea with seemly little thought put into it.
The internet: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

vadyy
06.14.2017 , 11:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by WorldSmasher View Post
Even so, it is a legitimate complaint - because not everyone reads the patch note. I'm lucky I saw them posted in the forums. And even then, I was within microseconds of clicking the delete button a number of times.

Maybe if they they change the delete button into a red X and move it a little further away from the other button, it would help cut down the confusion.
The thing is tho.. why don't you read the patch notes? You don't only have to go to the forums to read them... When you boot up the launcher and it updates the game the patch notes are there and you can read them in the launcher without going to the website!

Ive been playing the game for 6 years and I always check I'm pressing the right buttons like Tyon said above! its sucks to be you but you should actually look at what your doing and read the patch notes.

If I don't get around to reading the notes on the forum I read them through the launcher whilst the game is updating :P

TyonYlle
06.15.2017 , 12:08 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by drpwnsmith View Post
It's totally muscle memory. I've been grabbing all my market sales in bulk for years now and I've almost deleted them twice. It's a stupid change. If they wanted to switch the buttons around, why wouldn't they make them noticeably different? Moving the button 5 pixels to the right is not noticeably different. It was just a bad idea with seemly little thought put into it.
That's called a habit. It is muscle memory, but I also call it a "bad habit".

They also did move the buttons further apart which is pretty noticeable, if you, ya' know, pay attention.

Quote: Originally Posted by vadyy View Post
The thing is tho.. why don't you read the patch notes? You don't only have to go to the forums to read them... When you boot up the launcher and it updates the game the patch notes are there and you can read them in the launcher without going to the website!

Ive been playing the game for 6 years and I always check I'm pressing the right buttons like Tyon said above! its sucks to be you but you should actually look at what your doing and read the patch notes.

If I don't get around to reading the notes on the forum I read them through the launcher whilst the game is updating :P
ikr I never used to read the patch notes, so this could have easily happened to me! It just proves to me that I made the right choice in starting to read each patch notes.