Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did Bioware *really* just force crafters into the CXP grind?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Did Bioware *really* just force crafters into the CXP grind?

DarthSpuds
06.14.2017 , 11:26 AM | #11
Stoopicus is correct.

They did just force crafters into the CXP Grind.

Yes, gaining CXP is a grind - its a royal pain in the &^% and it is nowhere near the "roughly 1 rank an hour" promised by the former Lead Producer. In fact even at Command Rank 60 it is more like 1 rank for 4 or 5 hours play.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

stoopicus
06.14.2017 , 12:03 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
You do know that you can simply purchase the mats from other players on the GTN.. right?
Actually that I didn't know, thank you for the info. I had searched for them on the GTN immediately after I got them and saw none, but stupidly did not try and sell them, and assumed they were BOP/BOL. They run about 2m each at the moment.

AND.. that actually works. There are in fact crafters already peddling 246s on the GTNs.
Yeah, I've already made a modest ~20m or so. Slow start but I had *just* blown all my tokens on CXP boosts last week. bad timing, lol.

It only sucks if you are trying to go it alone.... but frankly.. crafting top end gear has never been a good "go it alone" approach.
I beg to differ, it's always been a great way for solos to make money too.

stoopicus
06.14.2017 , 12:05 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
into the grind? god i'm getting tired of this rhetoric. I wish you played more of the game than push your disingenuous **** posting.
I'm going to speculate that I play more of the game than you do, since I do basically everything except raid. As for the rest of your nonsense, well, just lol.

stoopicus
06.14.2017 , 12:07 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
You have it all wrong they could have put that mat into Master Mode content only imagine the outcry it's a great way to get rid of the silly tokens that I have no use for to be able to get some return. But bioware are not forcing anyone to do anything it's a select few that are crafting T4 items that have already done the hard yards and would have a ton of the tokens so it's nothing and makes no dent in the crafting process.
Drains on the tokens are definitely good but if you don't think this is a way to get crafters to grind CXP, I think you're being naive.

fushnchips
06.14.2017 , 12:41 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by stoopicus View Post
Drains on the tokens are definitely good but if you don't think this is a way to get crafters to grind CXP, I think you're being naive.
I get my tokens from doing what I do each day so i'm not really grinding anything but that's me

DenariusJay
06.14.2017 , 12:48 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Yes, gaining CXP is a grind - its a royal pain in the &^% and it is nowhere near the "roughly 1 rank an hour" promised by the former Lead Producer. In fact even at Command Rank 60 it is more like 1 rank for 4 or 5 hours play.

All The Best
This is utter nonsense. Run ONE tactical flashpoint and you get atleast 1 cxp level. even at rank 300. Takes 15 min or so depending on FP and group. Run a 100% boost and do master mode hammer station, takes 10 min with mediocre players and you get 10k cxp.

I get crates flooding in without even trying anymore. I just play the game and the crates roll in. Unless your idea of participating in the cxp grind is to strictly run planet heroics, their is no reason to say it takes 4 or 5 hours to get a rank.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

stoopicus
06.14.2017 , 12:59 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
This is utter nonsense. Run ONE tactical flashpoint and you get atleast 1 cxp level. even at rank 300. Takes 15 min or so depending on FP and group. Run a 100% boost and do master mode hammer station, takes 10 min with mediocre players and you get 10k cxp.

I get crates flooding in without even trying anymore. I just play the game and the crates roll in. Unless your idea of participating in the cxp grind is to strictly run planet heroics, their is no reason to say it takes 4 or 5 hours to get a rank.
Yeah, even post nerf, one MM chapter 1 will get you close to a crate, and it takes less than 15 minutes with a maxed out Marr.

It's just not *fun*, it's grindy.

One GSF match will do it too. One regs match will get you close, 2/3 or so anyway. This is all boosted of course.

stoopicus
06.14.2017 , 01:06 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
I get my tokens from doing what I do each day so i'm not really grinding anything but that's me
Well these days I'm geared on my main and DGAS about gearing my alts, so I am too. But before I got my main geared I definitely was deep in the grind.

DenariusJay
06.14.2017 , 01:06 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by stoopicus View Post
Yeah, even post nerf, one MM chapter 1 will get you close to a crate, and it takes less than 15 minutes with a maxed out Marr.

It's just not *fun*, it's grindy.
Oh yea, I agree, it's not fun unless you get something good out of your crate, then it's like "oh that was fun" lol. Is maxxed out Marr really powerful or something? I'm still under the impression that mostly all comps are equal (cept for treek I hear she sucks).
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

stoopicus
06.14.2017 , 01:08 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
Oh yea, I agree, it's not fun unless you get something good out of your crate, then it's like "oh that was fun" lol. Is maxxed out Marr really powerful or something? I'm still under the impression that mostly all comps are equal (cept for treek I hear she sucks).
He is normal as far as I know, but he is the only choice for ch1 as the rest are story restricted.