Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Speeder Speeds Perks

Lukas_H
06.15.2017 , 12:42 AM | #11
As swtor central (see youtube) proved, the new perks dont work. So dont buy them. And Im also for future legacy unlock. Make it even 4 or five millions. 1,8 mil. on one character is too costly. Even more when it doesnt work.

MingusPho
06.15.2017 , 12:49 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lukas_H View Post
As swtor central (see youtube) proved, the new perks dont work. So dont buy them. And Im also for future legacy unlock. Make it even 4 or five millions. 1,8 mil. on one character is too costly. Even more when it doesnt work.
I watched that video too. So this is confirmed? They don't work??? I bought them but honestly can't tell and neither can my friends. I did notice the difference when I upgraded from one to two and two to three. I thought maybe it was just me. Hmph. What a bummer. I was looking forward to this the most. Hope they fix it.

TyonYlle
06.15.2017 , 12:58 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MingusPho View Post
I watched that video too. So this is confirmed? They don't work??? I bought them but honestly can't tell and neither can my friends. I did notice the difference when I upgraded from one to two and two to three. I thought maybe it was just me. Hmph. What a bummer. I was looking forward to this the most. Hope they fix it.
I am sure they will fix it. I'll be buy the perks, when I have enough credits, on my other characters for when they fix it. Probably something went wrong that they did not expect. These happens, and I'm still just as excited about the perks when it is eventually fixed. Isn't their a patch every Tuesday, it might even be fixed then!
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

Gyronamics
06.15.2017 , 03:17 AM | #14
100% = walking speed
135% = out of combat sprint turned on
190% = tier 1 speeder
200% = tier 2 speeder
210% = tier 3 speeder & rocket boots
220% = tier 4 speeder
230% = tier 5 speeder

2.3 x walking speed is not much faster than 2.1 x walking speed.

In case people don't realise, walking speed is the one you mostly only see in combat because you're so used to going around with sprint toggled for years.

The way you can see the difference is to do a chase. You slowly see the 230% speeder moving closer to or further away from the 210% speeder depending on how you do it.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners

SteveTheCynic
06.15.2017 , 03:53 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
100% = walking speed
190% = tier 1 speeder
200% = tier 2 speeder
220% = tier 4 speeder
230% = tier 5 speeder
So what speed is out-of-combat with sprint turned OFF? It isn't walking speed, because there *is* a separate walking speed(1), and with sprint off, your character sort of jogs.

(1) You actually walk. Female characters are a bit ... suggestive ... in their movements, but yes. It's really, really slow, and I think it's included as just an RP thing, mostly.

I'd be willing to speculate that the thing you call 100% is sprint-off jogging, and actual walking is more like 35-50%.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

TyonYlle
06.15.2017 , 04:39 AM | #16
100% = walking speed
190% = tier 1 speeder
200% = tier 2 speeder
220% = tier 4 speeder
230% = tier 5 speeder

In case people don't realise, walking speed is the one you mostly only see in combat because you're so used to going around with sprint toggled for years.

The way you can see the difference is to do a chase. You slowly see the 230% speeder moving closer to or further away from the 210% speeder depending on how you do it.
Actually, I can kinda see this. I asked a guy if he had the two new speeder levels yet, and he said no. So I decided to do my own test (I didn't tell him) I was just watching behind me as I drove, and I could have sworn, if we had to go further that I was gradually pulling away.

I think the issue is that people were expecting the two new speeder licenses to be exponentially faster, and admittedly I might have been guilty of that, too.
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

TUXs
06.15.2017 , 08:11 AM | #17
100% = walking speed
190% = tier 1 speeder
200% = tier 2 speeder
220% = tier 4 speeder
230% = tier 5 speeder

From my own testing, this is exactly what I observed as well. It's minor, but it is there...just negligible.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Andryah
06.15.2017 , 01:43 PM | #18
Eric has dug in to the reports of the new speeder ranks not reflecting increased speeds.... and has responded.....

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

After some digging we have determined what appears to be going on. There is a bug present in certain mounts which is preventing them from being affected by the Rank 4 and 5 speed increases. This is affecting most forms of speeders. This bug is not affecting creature mounts however, so using those is a work around in the interim.

We are looking to get this fixed in our next patch, which based on the current schedule is 5.3. I will provide any additional updates as I get them.

-eric
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...9&postcount=31

Some mounts.... (apparently actual speeders) are not reflecting level 4 and 5 speeder in their performance. Apparently this is not an issue with animal mounts.. and they have it scheduled for a fix in 5.3.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

MandFlurry
06.15.2017 , 05:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Vercundus View Post
I do not feel any faster with both perks purchased. Do mounts have to be adjusted as well, since they state in the tooltip Rank 1, 2 and 3.

Also, don't mind this being character perk, only that it's too expensive. I've 24 toons and to upgrade this on all of them is going to be costly.
It is too costly for people that have an actual life and dont have time to play all day. I have about 40 toons.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/3k4e

MandFlurry
06.15.2017 , 05:51 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Eric has dug in to the reports of the new speeder ranks not reflecting increased speeds.... and has responded.....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...9&postcount=31

Some mounts.... (apparently actual speeders) are not reflecting level 4 and 5 speeder in their performance. Apparently this is not an issue with animal mounts.. and they have it scheduled for a fix in 5.3.
Thanx, Eric, i k knew i wasnt going faster and it didn't feel like it as well. Though I have an Overpoerwered Computer for this game, it seemed at time that the speeder did want to go fast but it was getting laggy, which never happens on my Computer
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/3k4e