Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Speeder Speeds Perks

Silko
06.13.2017 , 01:32 PM | #1
Lets talk speeder speed perks shall we? One of the things that the community has been asking since launch is faster speeders. When the devs are finally able/willing to put it in the game, they put it in as a character perk for 2 mil for the new fastest speed of 130% Two issues with this. 1) That is an ridiculous amount of credits for a perk that only effects a single character. 2) Far more importantly this was advertised as a Legacy perk along with the perk for 25% boost to Command CXP when you achieve lvl 300. There was no use of verbiage to state that they will be different types of Legacy perks as Speeders are a character perk and the CXP perk is a Global Unlock. Here are the patch notes:

New mount speed Legacy Perks are available for purchase, Speeder Piloting 4 and Speeder Piloting 5. They increase mounted speed by 120% and 130% respectively.

A new Command XP Legacy Perk, Commanding Legacy, is available for purchase. This perk can only be purchased once you have reached Command Rank 300 on a character and it increases all Command XP gains within your Legacy by 25%. This perk stacks with all other bonuses and only affects Command Ranks 1-299.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

If BW had advertised the speeder speed perks were going to be character perks from the start then I would not have as much of an issue with it (Character perks should just be legacy tbh but that's another debate). Please make the Speeder Perks global unlocks rather then character perks. I think the price is fine where it is at.
"Those who ask for mercy, are too weak to deserve it"

Dark Intentions Website

Halinalle
06.13.2017 , 01:36 PM | #2
1,8 million is nothing. You should have at least that much when you hit level 70.
Also, you do not need rank 4 and 5 for most of the game.
Or just use the referral speeder. It's rank 5 automatically.

About time we got a good credit sink.

Andryah
06.13.2017 , 01:41 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Silko View Post
Lets talk speeder speed perks shall we? One of the things that the community has been asking since launch is faster speeders. When the devs are finally able/willing to put it in the game, they put it in as a character perk for 2 mil for the new fastest speed of 130% Two issues with this. 1) That is an ridiculous amount of credits for a perk that only effects a single character. 2) Far more importantly this was advertised as a Legacy perk along with the perk for 25% boost to Command CXP when you achieve lvl 300. There was no use of verbiage to state that they will be different types of Legacy perks as Speeders are a character perk and the CXP perk is a Global Unlock. Here are the patch notes:

New mount speed Legacy Perks are available for purchase, Speeder Piloting 4 and Speeder Piloting 5. They increase mounted speed by 120% and 130% respectively.

A new Command XP Legacy Perk, Commanding Legacy, is available for purchase. This perk can only be purchased once you have reached Command Rank 300 on a character and it increases all Command XP gains within your Legacy by 25%. This perk stacks with all other bonuses and only affects Command Ranks 1-299.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

If BW had advertised the speeder speed perks were going to be character perks from the start then I would not have as much of an issue with it (Character perks should just be legacy tbh but that's another debate). Please make the Speeder Perks global unlocks rather then character perks. I think the price is fine where it is at.
Speeder training via Legacy unlocks HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PER CHARACTER. The only thing different about these two new levels is you can only get them via Legacy... not through a trainer. Why on earth would you expect them to suddenly make them Legacy Global????? Wishful thinking is my guess.... which is on you, not the studio.

Besides... you need to be level 30+ just to begin to access them... so I really do not even see the fees as overboard to be honest. Most players by level 30 have the credits on the character (because there is really little else to spend them on.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

TUXs
06.13.2017 , 01:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Wait...is this true? Is it just that speeder or any others?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Halinalle
06.13.2017 , 01:46 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Wait...is this true? Is it just that speeder or any others?
Only that speeder. For every other speeder you have to purchase rank 4 and rank 5 perks.

Andryah
06.13.2017 , 01:49 PM | #6
Thanks! I did not know this.. so I'll have to check that... if so... why would anyone buy the perks unless they are swimming in credits (which frankly most veterans are). When you need max speed, and don't want to spend the credits for the perks... just whip out the referral speeder.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

TUXs
06.13.2017 , 01:51 PM | #7
Only that speeder. For every other speeder you have to purchase rank 4 and rank 5 perks.
Wow...thank you! I need to start using that I guess
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Andryah
06.13.2017 , 02:02 PM | #8
So I just checked in game and the tool tip for the referral speeder specifically states that it defaults to 110%, and to get beyond that you have to purchase the level 4 and 5 speeder training.

So I doubt this actually is running at speeder 5 by default.. and if it is.. they will probably nerf it as a bug.
- Elon Musk

Rankyn
06.13.2017 , 02:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
So I just checked in game and the tool tip for the referral speeder specifically states that it defaults to 110%, and to get beyond that you have to purchase the level 4 and 5 speeder training.

So I doubt this actually is running at speeder 5 by default.. and if it is.. they will probably nerf it as a bug.
Yeah, I don't see anything that supports this speeder being 5 by default.
The tooltip says "at least 110%" regardless of your skill (which is how it's always worked) and then shows the speed chart 1-5 just like all the other speeders do.
So if it's running at 5 without the perk, I'd say that's a bug and will probably be fixed.
Keep up to date with game events at
SWTORCalendar.com

Vercundus
06.14.2017 , 12:44 AM | #10
I do not feel any faster with both perks purchased. Do mounts have to be adjusted as well, since they state in the tooltip Rank 1, 2 and 3.

Also, don't mind this being character perk, only that it's too expensive. I've 24 toons and to upgrade this on all of them is going to be costly.
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs