Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Visceral Game to have it's game in the Twin Suns Next Year.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
New Visceral Game to have it's game in the Twin Suns Next Year.

MandFlurry
06.11.2017 , 10:49 PM | #1
Well, here's the link, ill be at CES again tomorrow. Today, i didn't make it because off a wrong turn and missed the 101 turn off.

https://www.neowin.net/news/heres-wh...t-ea-play-2017
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/3k4e

MandFlurry
06.11.2017 , 11:18 PM | #2
Respawn Entertainment, might have been the original Company that made the Darth Maul only game. If it is, then hopefully the game hasn't changed, or much of it. I remember seeing the Darth Maul game with full Force Powers, and it looked awesome.
Got CE on 7/20/11

jedimasterjac
06.12.2017 , 09:46 AM | #3
I'd much rather have seen Visceral's Star Wars, but whatever, I guess.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncle Iroh
Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love.
There are reasons each of us are born. we have to find those reasons.

HuaRya
06.12.2017 , 10:31 AM | #4
Quote:
Those eager to get their Star Wars gaming fix will have to rely on Battlefront II for now, which features a single-player campaign mode - unlike its predecessor - with a brand new Star Wars story about a special forces commander in the Imperial army set on avenging the death of the Emperor and the loss of the Death Star.
No mention of SWTOR for that Star Wars fix?

kodrac
06.12.2017 , 10:41 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
There's Star Wars here?

Kryptonomic
06.12.2017 , 12:21 PM | #6
I think the move to focus on one game for now, in terms of promotion and marketing, does make sense. Going on a tangential, but related, focus, I also think one of the interesting aspects of the article is that which is linked to from it: EA admitting that having no campaign (thus no real single player) for Battlefront was a big mistake.

As some of us know, there is a similar sentiment in the halls of EA (and certainly outside of it) about SWTOR having gone the MMO route rather than an approach of "KOTOR 3" with a lot of DLC. I'm not saying that's right or wrong one way or the other, but it's clear EA does need to have a strategy for how they package, market and ultimately deploy games related to the Star Wars franchise.

With more movies, comics and books on the horizon, it's clear interest is going to remain high. But it's also clear that fans will abandon a game if they don't feel they can get a "Star Wars experience" out of it.

MandFlurry
06.12.2017 , 12:49 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
A Real Star Wars fix would have had EA having most or their title on Dispaly. I don't like it that they did not have SWTOR there, to me it feels like a slap in the face, and i shouldn't be so open about my opinions, but that is my opinion.

To be fair Bioware Austen that works not only on Swtor but other material, will probably have all their events for the next gaming Conference in the Fall, in October. That's the way Bioware Austin has always handled it.

I am supposed to be doing to some EA stuff and other Company events today, as it is the last day, but have bad cramps lol

Again, I would say, that they have Chanhged Battlefront 2 from Battlefront 1 a lot because EA has gotten't so many Complaints from gamers. Especially the gamer's that loved the original Battlfront 2.. Now the the original Studio that did Battlefront 2 did a total overhaul gaming wise and Engine wise as well.

Gamers were allowed to to do what fans never thought would happen, and that is Land to Air, to Space Combat at a whim.

Lucasfilm said they would've given' them to contract to do the New Battlefront 2, but EA suits told Lucasfil, Hell no, not gonna happen because they have the Star Wars contracts now, The new EA Battlfront 2 has all 3 Trilogy Eras, which fand thought impossible, EA actually listened more to Us fans. I could do a Review of this, but when we start the game, like the attack on Theed we immediately get Combat Points, even if were not doing battle. With us accumulating Combat points, we can use them for Upgrading our Characters and also being able to use our In-combat live points to get an Immediate Starship to to fight whatever Faction in space.

So, EA did a half and half for us Fans of the older Battlfront series, by also may have hired some of those original Battlferont 2 developers and bringing them into EA....... May have done this. Not confirmed. EA, for the first time incorporated a lot more of what we wanted in this Battlfront 2, but there is still plenty more stuff that they could have done to Mirror the other Companies Redux of Battlfront 2, but EA does have it's Pride. :/
Got CE on 7/20/11

MandFlurry
06.12.2017 , 12:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kryptonomic View Post
I think the move to focus on one game for now, in terms of promotion and marketing, does make sense. Going on a tangential, but related, focus, I also think one of the interesting aspects of the article is that which is linked to from it: EA admitting that having no campaign (thus no real single player) for Battlefront was a big mistake.

As some of us know, there is a similar sentiment in the halls of EA (and certainly outside of it) about SWTOR having gone the MMO route rather than an approach of "KOTOR 3" with a lot of DLC. I'm not saying that's right or wrong one way or the other, but it's clear EA does need to have a strategy for how they package, market and ultimately deploy games related to the Star Wars franchise.

With more movies, comics and books on the horizon, it's clear interest is going to remain high. But it's also clear that fans will abandon a game if they don't feel they can get a "Star Wars experience" out of it.
There is a Lot of, as they call it in Intelligence, chatter of EA having Bioware,, and/ or other Studios work together to re-do the Swtotr series for next-gen. I cannot confirm any of this, as it could just be fan speculation also.

But I would have at least wanted to see the Swtor Team get some respect in the way of the Swtor Team having a Cantina event there. The New Battlefront 2 game would have still outshined everything else, and at the same time have us Swtor fans be able to come and see the Swtor team, and show our support.
Got CE on 7/20/11

kodrac
06.12.2017 , 01:16 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
Respawn Entertainment, might have been the original Company that made the Darth Maul only game. If it is, then hopefully the game hasn't changed, or much of it. I remember seeing the Darth Maul game with full Force Powers, and it looked awesome.
That was Red Fly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxlOoS4NmIA

MandFlurry
06.12.2017 , 01:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Okay, thanks for getting the real company. I must say that it is hard to keep up with all 8 to 10 different companies that are or were doing these great and awesome Star Wars games, that were doing Awesome jobs on these fan favorite games. Empire at War was another game that looked very good but got cancelled and hop EA and Lucasfilm can come together and do that game.

Okay need to get back to CES's last day before everyone clears out, lol.
Got CE on 7/20/11