Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please remove class sprints from hutt ball

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please remove class sprints from hutt ball

direblaze
12.27.2011 , 04:33 PM | #1
this skill is way to powerful, people holding the ball are snared for a reason, in no way should they be able to super leap/sprint over the course other are forced to run for easy wins.

AND PLEASE ALLOW me to turn off the commentator
Why do troopers find it hard to move and shoot at the same time? because it requires more keybinds then they can handle.

Spankaroo
12.27.2011 , 04:49 PM | #2
there is a reason why every guild group runs with 2 sprint classes. Because it's instant win for huttball. Carriers shouldn't be allowed to sprint or leap

maomoa
12.27.2011 , 05:03 PM | #3
Why not get rid of stuns or knock-back on players with the ball, too? If the player's speed is nerfed for carrying the ball due to weight or some other restriction, then shouldn't an ability that knocks a player back work the same way?

In regard to someone using such a skill, there are plenty of counters and counter-counters. Just the other day, I went sprinting to glory and got stunned over a flame jet, so I Force of Will'ed only to be Force Lifted/Choked immediately by the same person. Brilliant! (and frustrating).

I wouldn't like it if all the pvp were some homogeneous mess where perks of my class are excluded in certain matches. The same logic applies to the Civil War: How are we supposed to take a turret if people can just heal each other while we are trying to kill them? I don't get to heal!

direblaze
12.27.2011 , 05:25 PM | #4
a perk is one thing, but a winbutton is another, and that is what it is.

force leap, if you have the ball and you were knocked into the pit you can force leap anyone on the higher ledge and win a point instantly while laughing you *** off.

force sprint, if you are with a mate you can tag team sprint and run from the middle over the fire and to the point like within 3 sec and you cannot be stopped because its too fast most the time.

both skills make it way to easy to win, only ball holders should be limited in this way.
Why do troopers find it hard to move and shoot at the same time? because it requires more keybinds then they can handle.

GeLopez
12.27.2011 , 05:46 PM | #5
A proper group saves stuns and roots for the sprint, and it's not a problem.

Sounds like you just don't know how to counter it and decided to blame the game before yourself.
Lopez - Jedi Sage @ The Fatman

SoNofHuD
12.27.2011 , 05:51 PM | #6
Please remove crying from the forums. Dude come on its a legit skill for that class. Gives them an advantage - yes, makes it an instant I WIN BUTTON - no. Use your noggin' and figure out how to stop them. It can be done.
== wHo-DAT Kardashian ==
<PACE>

Quesa
12.27.2011 , 05:55 PM | #7
The only thing they need to change is the ability to sprint through the furnaces and take little to no damage by doing so.

Obstacles are there for a reason, a skill shouldn't allow you to circumvent them.

CHRISGG
12.27.2011 , 05:56 PM | #8
Sprints literally let you gain maybe 25-30 yards of ground and then you're back to being slowed again. I have to laugh at people who can't deal with that. You can't even cross 2 fire pits in 1 sprint, only 1.
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

Siyko
12.27.2011 , 05:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by direblaze View Post
AND PLEASE ALLOW me to turn off the commentator
this.
PLEASE FORWARD ALL INQUIRIES TO:
<The Epsilon Corporation>
Nar Shaddaa
Jung Ma

Acidbaron
12.27.2011 , 06:01 PM | #10
Only thing wrong with this warzone is the damage from the fires - at level 50 with gear you can stroll thru it. So that obstacle damage has to be scaled up.

Groups sprinting can be countered if you defend correctly.