Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is sorc that bad in PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Is sorc that bad in PvP?

Xargas
06.09.2017 , 08:55 AM | #1
Hi, currently playing sorc and I just love the class, but I see on the forum and in game that people complaining about sorcs sucking too much, I'm known to play a class/spec that is completely "broken" and turning into a killing machine so I ignored what people are telling me. But this time all I saw on sorc forums are whine posts, and there is too much of them, never saw anything like it So my question is, are sorcs that bad in PvP or someone still has fun on it? If I can take most classes 1v1 it's enough for me. Thanks in advance

Zolxtren
06.09.2017 , 09:03 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Xargas View Post
Hi, currently playing sorc and I just love the class, but I see on the forum and in game that people complaining about sorcs sucking too much, I'm known to play a class/spec that is completely "broken" and turning into a killing machine so I ignored what people are telling me. But this time all I saw on sorc forums are whine posts, and there is too much of them, never saw anything like it So my question is, are sorcs that bad in PvP or someone still has fun on it? If I can take most classes 1v1 it's enough for me. Thanks in advance
you almost cant take any class on in a 1v1 ... without help you dont have the dmg to realy kill anyone

and if a ops or mara or assassin jumps on you your good as dead... at lvl70

Dps classes literaly burst through all of your selfheals and bubbles in seconds.......
if your god bubble is on CD then your good as dead....

the only thing that realy can save your *** is your teleport..... that has a 1min cd...... lol

btw all of the melee classes doing like almost twice of your dmg so good luck in Warzones...

( this is the Lighting sorc info )

i dont know how madness perform ......

ViktorAres
06.09.2017 , 09:03 AM | #3
Sorc is by far the most disadvantaged class in terms of damage and armor, but if you enjoy hide and seek games, you may still have fun with it. Plus, there are always people with worse armor than yours.

Hoppinswtor
06.09.2017 , 09:10 AM | #4
A sorc will not beat any other class of equal skill 1v1 with the exception of maybe PTs, hatred sins, deception sins who don't take emersion...maybe jug tanks?
Hoppin, The Cutest Mercenary <Death Smile>
Hoppinator/Cutest Mercenary (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Hopperative (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

WayOfTheWarriorx
06.09.2017 , 09:23 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zolxtren View Post
btw all of the melee classes doing like almost twice of your dmg so good luck in Warzones...
Melee should do more damage pound for pound compared to ranged, uptime being a relevant factor, but not by this much!! That's too much of a difference between DPS specs.

Thaladan
06.09.2017 , 09:25 AM | #6
no they are not bad. Just they are not OP anymore and some other classes are.
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

RevorteX
06.09.2017 , 09:57 AM | #7
I play Lightning Sorc from the begining and I have not quitted yet and I personally won't,because it's still fun for me. The way to survive more in PVP is to kite as much as possible,use your skills very good and you'll still be able to survive quite a bit. With the proper gear I think you'll find it not so dead. Yes 1v1 except 1v1 against sorcs and sages is unthinkable. I hope the class balance changes at 5.3 will do the sorcs some good. Lightning is quite a burst discipline,with good activation times and some heals. I don't like Madness for individual reasons. Healing Sorcs are OP but if you like DPS then Lightning.

ViktorAres
06.09.2017 , 10:59 AM | #8
Even those who claim dps sorc is "fine", they still admit that the class is not effective at 1v1 duels.

I got news for you: this a combat game. If a dps class is not effective in 1v1 combat, it's not effective, period.

WayOfTheWarriorx
06.09.2017 , 11:22 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ViktorAres View Post
Even those who claim dps sorc is "fine", they still admit that the class is not effective at 1v1 duels.

I got news for you: this a combat game. If a dps class is not effective in 1v1 combat, it's not effective, period.
There's always going to be certain classes that are better suited to certain activities/circumstances.

Operatives and Assassins are the kings and queens of 1v1 , I don't see that changing unless they were to remove some of the abundance of their CCs because between CC and stealth you find the seeds of their dominance of 1v1 encounters.

It's not even a DPS sorc issue. Assuming skill levels are comparable, all things being equal, no DPS class can match them in 1v1. They're the best duelers in the game and have been for most of the time. Engineering Snipers could give them a run for their money though in their current form.

ViktorAres
06.09.2017 , 11:27 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
There's always going to be certain classes that are better suited to certain activities/circumstances.

Operatives and Assassins are the kings and queens of 1v1 , I don't see that changing unless they were to remove some of the abundance of their CCs because between CC and stealth you find the seeds of their dominance of 1v1 encounters.

It's not even a DPS sorc issue. Assuming skill levels are comparable, all things being equal, no DPS class can match them in 1v1. They're the best duelers in the game and have been for most of the time. Engineering Snipers could give them a run for their money though in their current form.
Respectfully disagree. With my merc, I eat Assassins for breakfast, 1v1 or 2 assassins on 1. Operatives are manageable with the rooting missile blast utility and net. As far as engi snipers are concerned, you've got to wait out their defensives and then strike. They are not very mobile.

Back to the subject, dps sorcs have more of a damage disadvantage and armor disadvantage than any other class.