Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

RIP Lightning/TK ...AGAIN!!


DocGamer's Avatar


DocGamer
06.08.2017 , 05:45 PM | #1
Well there you have it folks!

Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey all,

I told Musco I would wait until tomorrow to post anything, but, but, but, I simply couldn't do it. I've seen so many posts about Sage/Sorc TK/Lightning, I had to jump in.

The list is ONLY the start and the ones listed may be included in Patch 5.3, but we might move some changes out to Patch 5.4 and include other Disciplines not yet mentioned. For example, notice that Operative/Scoundrel healing isn't on this list, yet. Hmmmppffft. They should be in the list, as I want to see my healers indestructible and completely outperforming all other healing classes! Alas, I know we won't do that, but I'd love it, even for a month!!!

Keith---
So the class that had the LOWEST SINGLE TARGET DPS gets put on the back burner...
Just unbelievable!

TRY AGAIN IN SEPTEMBER LIGHTING/TK hahahahahahaahahahah
Harbinger:
Candycat, Moistmuffin, Chocolatemuffin, Banamuffin, Cherrymuffin,
Mileycyrus, Baconyummy, Cinnabuns, Magicmuffin, Snowcone, Lazerlips

DenariusJay's Avatar


DenariusJay
06.08.2017 , 06:17 PM | #2
They'll come around

Atleast we know something is going to happen, it's not like your out in the cold, just have to address OP classes first since they are the prime cancer in the game right now.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
06.08.2017 , 08:04 PM | #3
Well duh, why rush to balance a class that hardly anyone is playing?

Loads of people are out and about with dps mercs so doing something to those is much more important.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners

DarthCognusSion's Avatar


DarthCognusSion
06.08.2017 , 09:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Well duh, why rush to balance a class that hardly anyone is playing?

Loads of people are out and about with dps mercs so doing something to those is much more important.
Except nobody is playing them because they are doing so poorly. Your argument has zero logic. If they were buffed, which they need to be, then they would be played more.

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
06.08.2017 , 09:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCognusSion View Post
Except nobody is playing them because they are doing so poorly. Your argument has zero logic. If they were buffed, which they need to be, then they would be played more.
Yes it's difficult to see the big picture when you care about a specific class.

Prioritising changes to a large overperforming group benefits the game more than putting that same time into a small population that is currently irrelevant.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners

Jushyfruit's Avatar


Jushyfruit
06.08.2017 , 10:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Yes it's difficult to see the big picture when you care about a specific class.

Prioritising changes to a large overperforming group benefits the game more than putting that same time into a small population that is currently irrelevant.
I think you severely underestimate the amount of people who would play DPS sorc/sage if they were performing better. People tend to play whatever the FOTM class is so by buffing the DPS specs for sorc you're naturally going to see a rise in the amount of people that play that. Just look back to 4.0 where lightning was one of the most popular specs even though their damage still wasn't all that great compared to other specs however it was still viable. Buffing the DPS specs for sorc/sage WILL see a large increase in usage. Just look at the class balance thread; half the posts are calling for buffs to lightning/tk.
Malocath
<Your Companion>
Shadowlands

ViktorAres's Avatar


ViktorAres
06.09.2017 , 08:40 AM | #7
Sorcs/Sages have the most epic animations of all classes, bar none. And it used to be a popular class, which was fun to play, until the dps was nerfed into uselessness.

It's a real shame that the class with the lowest single-target is not the first on the list of class changes. Hopefully the train has not left the station yet, and we can change the devs' minds.

Darrahsrhaw's Avatar


Darrahsrhaw
06.09.2017 , 08:43 AM | #8
looooooooooooool
Hurts Like Hell

Click my referal link to get 7 days sub and more

ViktorAres's Avatar


ViktorAres
06.09.2017 , 08:43 AM | #9
Gyronamics, this game does not need more mercs, it needs more variety. Fixing disadvantaged classes is one way to do it.

slukslaksla's Avatar


slukslaksla
06.09.2017 , 09:47 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DocGamer View Post
Well there you have it folks!



So the class that had the LOWEST SINGLE TARGET DPS gets put on the back burner...
Just unbelievable!

TRY AGAIN IN SEPTEMBER LIGHTING/TK hahahahahahaahahahah
lmao thay actualy did hatred sin over sorc xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD gg lol
this is a link to a post i made about sorc and stuff:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...43#post9309143

sorc is litterly useless now. i seen ppl ask for HM KP (KP the easiest one) and say "need 3dps 1h 1t kp hm, NO SORCS ALOWED" not low geared sorcs NO SORCS AT ALL!

its that bad lol.

either nerf every other class to oblivion or buff sorc to the point it can 1v1 ANY class seen its geared and played well.
Spoiler