Why is there no official word about Cartel Market certificates?

@KeithKanneg or EricMusco

This is bewildering to me that you would release new Nightlife packs without having any possibility of getting rep or having CM certificates drop from said packs.

Why bother even having the vendors if there is no feasible way of getting these certificates? I have a nice Cantina set-up in my Nar Shadaa stronghold that is conspicuously missing a droid bartender because I can't get a hold of these certificates.

There is no word about the certificates and I, for one, would like a bit of clarification on this.

@KeithKanneg or EricMusco

This is bewildering to me that you would release new Nightlife packs without having any possibility of getting rep or having CM certificates drop from said packs.

Why bother even having the vendors if there is no feasible way of getting these certificates? I have a nice Cantina set-up in my Nar Shadaa stronghold that is conspicuously missing a droid bartender because I can't get a hold of these certificates.

There is no word about the certificates and I, for one, would like a bit of clarification on this.

They aren't *new* Nightlife Packs. They are *old* ones re-released, and they never had CMCs and rep objects.

The re-release of the Grand combo packs didn't contain them.

The Star Cluster and Club Vertica nightlife pack release currently in the Market also doesn't contain them.

We're overdue for the re-release of packs that do contain them, though if these packs are adjusted to the new method of drops, they'll be far too rare to be worth the money. There are vendor items that require 10+ certificates and it's not reasonable to ask people to spend hundreds of dollars on packs to get that many.

I would like to see Cartel Certificates available for direct sale in the Cartel Market for a limited time, to give people (especially new players) a shot at gaining a few and enjoying them.

Edited by Xina_LA

We're overdue for the re-release of packs that do contain them, though if these packs are adjusted to the new method of drops, they'll be far too rare to be worth the money.

It's less than a year since they were last re-released, and when they did it, they were just like the original versions (exception: some of them previously dropped now-unavailable crafting materials, and they did something semi-intelligent about that).

Less than a year ago? When, exactly? I've been back in the game for over a year and a half, and I guess I missed the boat.

Youtubers like SWTOR Central and SWTOR TV said they were surprised the CM certificates were not present in the new/old/whatever packs, and wondered, like myself, why these didn't surface again.

As far as unspent certificates, that's easy. Take off the BoL tag and let people sell them like anything else. It's a simple fix, and I wouldn't have to come on here to complain about it.

Less than a year ago? When, exactly? I've been back in the game for over a year and a half, and I guess I missed the boat.

Youtubers like SWTOR Central and SWTOR TV said they were surprised the CM certificates were not present in the new/old/whatever packs, and wondered, like myself, why these didn't surface again.

As far as unspent certificates, that's easy. Take off the BoL tag and let people sell them like anything else. It's a simple fix, and I wouldn't have to come on here to complain about it.

Late summer / early autumn last year, they ran each of the old pack sets for a week or two. They dropped CMCs, rep objects, etc., just like when they first came out.

Yes, some people still have them. From years ago. This doesn't do a thing for new players. Long-time players are afraid to spend them, since they don't expect to get any more, which takes much of the fun out of them.

Yes, you can get them from a Contraband slot machine. Another item that you can't acquire anymore. Once you do find one, you have to spend hours and millions of credits to get a certificate. (I'm up to 4 million with zero certificate drops.)

Yes, you can get them from an old pack. Maybe once a year. Even then, the old packs came out for a short time, back to back, so it was difficult to budget spending money on Cartel Coins to get them. It cost me about $10 worth of CC per one Certificate.

All these are difficult and expensive ways to get a very few Certificates. When you need 10 or more to get one item (depending on the item), you can see where the rarity is ridiculous. You can spend 40 million credits and get one vehicle, or hey spend $100 of real money to buy enough packs... c'mon. Anyone can see that's not reasonable.

Yes, you can get them from an old pack. Maybe once a year. Even then, the old packs came out for a short time, back to back, so it was difficult to budget spending money on Cartel Coins to get them. It cost me about $10 worth of CC per one Certificate.

Here you touch on an entirely separate issue, since those packs contain(ed) many more things than *just* CMCs. All of those things (armour pieces and sets, mounts, pets, emotes, dyes, etc., but also vendor rep objects for the Cartel Bazaar vendors) are potentially interesting for newer-than-last-summer players as well as for players who've been in the game for longer.

I, personally, no longer have any use for Esstran vendor rep objects ("Explorer" packs), but I wouldn't mind seeing those packs again for the other things in them - I'm pretty sure there are gaps in my collections - and of course, for the CMCs... ;)

So here's hoping that we'll see the old packs again this summer, and every summer after that. (And other times, even...)