Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Only 1 Matrix Cube can be crafted.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Only 1 Matrix Cube can be crafted.

Aseku's Avatar


Aseku
01.14.2012 , 02:06 AM | #11
As one of those Sentinels, I would like to counter. I'd gladly let you have two cubes if I could have a tanking or healing tree. Hell, any form of self-healing would be grand. I wish I'd rolled Guardian, seeing as the DPS spec Guards get out DPSes and out tanks any of the Sentinel trees.

Lobby for Sentinels getting some love, and I'll lobby for multiple cube construction. Deal?

Kaellis's Avatar


Kaellis
01.14.2012 , 06:30 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aseku View Post
As one of those Sentinels, I would like to counter. I'd gladly let you have two cubes if I could have a tanking or healing tree. Hell, any form of self-healing would be grand. I wish I'd rolled Guardian, seeing as the DPS spec Guards get out DPSes and out tanks any of the Sentinel trees.

Lobby for Sentinels getting some love, and I'll lobby for multiple cube construction. Deal?
This isn't the proper topic for discussing Sentinels and any issues they may or may not have.

That said, I just now tried to put the matrix cube in my cargo hold and it would not let me, ergo I can not craft more than one matrix cube.

And in response to the OP, I agree: Allow us to craft as many as we want, but make them unique-equipped (so that you can only have one granting you any kind of bonus at a time), allowing us to switch out which cube is applicable for our current role. It took hours to acquire all the parts, allow us to use what we spent so much time acquiring.

NuSeC's Avatar


NuSeC
01.28.2012 , 12:19 PM | #13
^^^ I agree with this so much it is not funny!
Kinrath Spider -> The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five
>>Get free stuff<< Too many alts to list here! Subscriber from launch!

I play every AC :P

ahwinters's Avatar


ahwinters
01.28.2012 , 12:24 PM | #14
I can only speak from a BH perspective, but our lvl 50 matrix cubes give us one option for our Powertech AC and one for Merc AC (or DPS powertech). Even though a Merc could spec DPS or heals, only the one option would be useful.

Are other classes getting more than 2 lvl 50 cube choices?

gunslinger's Avatar


gunslinger
01.28.2012 , 05:11 PM | #15
it's called consequences to making your choice. you call it "lack of flexibility" which translates into "i can't do whatever i want whenever i want."

this isn't school- choices have consequences, and you can fail.

the consequence of your advance class hoping is a higher respec cost and the necessity of remaking your matrix.

you want to respec for everything you do? consequence. you can do it, it just costs something. big whoop.

ApakSL's Avatar


ApakSL
01.28.2012 , 10:35 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
it's called consequences to making your choice. you call it "lack of flexibility" which translates into "i can't do whatever i want whenever i want."

this isn't school- choices have consequences, and you can fail.

the consequence of your advance class hoping is a higher respec cost and the necessity of remaking your matrix.

you want to respec for everything you do? consequence. you can do it, it just costs something. big whoop.
What's wrong with just making them unique-equipped, how does that imbalance the game? if the game is not imbalanced by a quality-of-life change, then why not change it?

Gerdo's Avatar


Gerdo
01.29.2012 , 01:31 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
it's called consequences to making your choice. you call it "lack of flexibility" which translates into "i can't do whatever i want whenever i want."

this isn't school- choices have consequences, and you can fail.

the consequence of your advance class hoping is a higher respec cost and the necessity of remaking your matrix.

you want to respec for everything you do? consequence. you can do it, it just costs something. big whoop.
You don't get it. there's nothing restricting him to actually go and reassemble it when he wants to respec. the fact that he has to go through alot of extra crap to do so gives it a "lack of flexibility" as they called it.
It was these kind of changes that kept people playing wow for so long, yes they've done things that people disagree with but I see none loosing if this thing would change, just that the tanks wouldn't have to go to tatooine and kass just to change one thing. heck, give them a 8k higher cost to respec if they're level 50 and voila, guildies won't have to wait that extra 15 minutes for their tank.

gunslinger's Avatar


gunslinger
01.29.2012 , 09:00 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Gerdo View Post
You don't get it. there's nothing restricting him to actually go and reassemble it when he wants to respec. the fact that he has to go through alot of extra crap to do so gives it a "lack of flexibility" as they called it.
It was these kind of changes that kept people playing wow for so long, yes they've done things that people disagree with but I see none loosing if this thing would change, just that the tanks wouldn't have to go to tatooine and kass just to change one thing. heck, give them a 8k higher cost to respec if they're level 50 and voila, guildies won't have to wait that extra 15 minutes for their tank.
so there's nothing preventing it, he just wants to do it his way, right now. sounds to me like I get it just fine.

Gerdo's Avatar


Gerdo
01.29.2012 , 09:38 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
so there's nothing preventing it, he just wants to do it his way, right now. sounds to me like I get it just fine.
That's why it's a lack of flexibility and not "i can't do whatever i want whenever i want" because yes he can do it, it's just a pain in the *** and none would loose if it actually were easier.

rhillius's Avatar


rhillius
01.29.2012 , 10:43 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaellis View Post
This isn't the proper topic for discussing Sentinels and any issues they may or may not have.

That said, I just now tried to put the matrix cube in my cargo hold and it would not let me, ergo I can not craft more than one matrix cube.

And in response to the OP, I agree: Allow us to craft as many as we want, but make them unique-equipped (so that you can only have one granting you any kind of bonus at a time), allowing us to switch out which cube is applicable for our current role. It took hours to acquire all the parts, allow us to use what we spent so much time acquiring.
I think the response that giving hybrid classes that kind of flexibility is bad for the classes that are pure dps or tanking is a valid reason not to do it.

Why would I go though the trouble of trying to keep both my merc healer and sniper dps geared if I can push a button and have the merc healer be just as good at DPS? That's the problem I have with these threads calling for making changing spec easier, they really badly diminish the viability of the pure classes a lot. Of course people don't stop and think about how a change like this would affect the entire game only how it will make their lives easier.

If Bioware makes changing specs easy they need to make the pure DPS and Tanking classes far and away the best at their specific role to compensate for it. Anything less relegates those classes to obscurity.