Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Only 1 Matrix Cube can be crafted.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Only 1 Matrix Cube can be crafted.

GreenLantern
12.27.2011 , 04:20 PM | #1
Now I understand the idea behind this. Matrix Cubes are awesome relics and having multiples isn't fair, but the way it is implemented is fairly dumb. Classes like Marauder, Sentinel, and other Pure DPS classes with no other trees for tanking or healing aren't restricted by this because only 1 Matrix Cube that can be crafted by their class is viably useable by that class. On the other side of the coin is the hybrid classes who whenever they want to respec be it to a tank build for end game or a a PVP build, not only have to pay their respec cost, but now they have to run and buy a disassembler and rebuild a new cube. I don't understand why hybrid classes are required to do this when "Pure" classes aren't troubled with such burdens. Why not implement a way that only one cube can be equipped at a time so that hybrids can have their cubes readily available and aren't thrown under the bus while other classes sit pretty only needing to ever make one lvl 50 cube in their existance?
Gary was here. Ash is a loser!
<Rude Dudes>
Twitch.tv/garyoakwienerslam

Tstancill
12.28.2011 , 07:19 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Now I understand the idea behind this. Matrix Cubes are awesome relics and having multiples isn't fair, but the way it is implemented is fairly dumb. Classes like Marauder, Sentinel, and other Pure DPS classes with no other trees for tanking or healing aren't restricted by this because only 1 Matrix Cube that can be crafted by their class is viably useable by that class. On the other side of the coin is the hybrid classes who whenever they want to respec be it to a tank build for end game or a a PVP build, not only have to pay their respec cost, but now they have to run and buy a disassembler and rebuild a new cube. I don't understand why hybrid classes are required to do this when "Pure" classes aren't troubled with such burdens. Why not implement a way that only one cube can be equipped at a time so that hybrids can have their cubes readily available and aren't thrown under the bus while other classes sit pretty only needing to ever make one lvl 50 cube in their existance?
I agree.

HalcyonicPlague
12.28.2011 , 07:35 PM | #3
I am absolutely baffled as to why people hate the fact that they have to make decisions in the game. People want to reap the benefits of everything without actually having to make a choice....

cuin
12.28.2011 , 07:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by HalcyonicPlague View Post
I am absolutely baffled as to why people hate the fact that they have to make decisions in the game. People want to reap the benefits of everything without actually having to make a choice....
^this

Durasturan
12.28.2011 , 07:38 PM | #5
I dont think you understand what the OP is saying. Try reading something TWICE before you post.

Zacarius-
12.29.2011 , 12:37 AM | #6
You can have two matrix cubes equipped at the same time. You have to trick the game into letting you craft the second one though. The game does not recognize your cargo hold as being in your possession. Simply unquip the first matrix cube and place it in your cargo hold. Then go craft your second cube. return and you can equip both.

SuperomegaOP
12.29.2011 , 02:38 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by zacarius- View Post
you can have two matrix cubes equipped at the same time. You have to trick the game into letting you craft the second one though. The game does not recognize your cargo hold as being in your possession. Simply unquip the first matrix cube and place it in your cargo hold. Then go craft your second cube. Return and you can equip both.

... you couldnt just leave it alone... now everyone is gonna know

Artthen
12.29.2011 , 03:38 AM | #8
Hello everyone! Several posts have been removed from this thread for straying off-topic. As you continue to participate in this thread, please remember to heed the Rules of Conduct.

As a general reminder:
  • Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
Thanks for your cooperation!

zzzjaxzzz
12.29.2011 , 03:48 AM | #9

exactly, why people hate think by themselves ? do we have to get everything forced into as in other MMO's ?

XBearX
01.13.2012 , 10:47 PM | #10
After playing many different MMOs for years, Ultima Online, Everquest, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Lord of the Rings, and Rift, I find it annoying when play flexibility is limited and trying and exploring different character options is punishing, or even not allowed.

Games are so much better when you can just play them the way you want.

This game would be so much better if you could change your class specialization, if trying out different selections in skill trees wasn't progressively more punitive, if there were more places to respec, and if you could change to fill needed group roles within the abilities of the class.

All the roadblocks to doing this are just part of an artificial grind or restriction. Imposing them never made a game better.

In this specific case, having more flexibility (more than one matrix cube, only one at a time applied) would be a good thing for players.