Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Server Hopping Republic GSF Weirdos are Ruining Queue's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Server Hopping Republic GSF Weirdos are Ruining Queue's

Zarainia's Avatar


Zarainia
06.06.2017 , 08:49 AM | #21
Now I'm very confused and curious about who you are as well!
Sprigellania · Sprigellan
The Jedi's Extinction · Shadowlands Reconnaissance Wing · Starfighter Guardians · Gone Sithing · Thranta Squadron · Vermillion Squadron · Imperial Entanglements · RedAlert

caederon's Avatar


caederon
06.06.2017 , 09:26 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNillard View Post
You're clearly part of the problem and not helping to be part of a solution. Keep trying to dance around the clear facts that I am stating; you are doing nothing to even try and counter any of my points, you are just talking around them.
...
But I digress, you are most likely one of the weirdos I'm referring to in the OP. Enjoy your long queues, and welcome to my ignore list
So, first, what a great unfounded accusation by this person who now has me on ignore.

I've been playing Harb almost exclusively for months aside from a couple of particular occasions, it is very infrequent that I am in a full group, quite frequent that I am solo, and I've split time between pub and imp. There are many people who can corroborate this.

And YES, the solution to 'better players who are grouped are beating me' is 'get better' plus 'get a group when they are around.' Newer players should do this commonly. Grouping will get them in games (groups get queue precedence) and if they take the direction of their play at all seriously, it will give them a chance to run complimentary ships and focus their efforts in the way that groups benefit from coordinated play.

I can't begin to guess what this guy's random, vague rageslinging is supposed to accomplish that would 'solve' his problem. If he wanted to name names, he could go on Discord and fire away... which would also accomplish nothing (other than to give other groups some incentive to go seek out this murderous premade because the general state of competition is extremely lacking).

Developer intervention could 'solve' this problem in any number of ways, but that's pretty unlikely... so for people who have not ignored me, your solution to being beaten by quality premades is to improve your quality and find people to group with who you know will provide your team with more skill top-to-bottom. 'Server hopping' players are, by definition, not always on your server. You'll have plenty of time to work on what you need to work on.

- Despon

HuaRya's Avatar


HuaRya
06.06.2017 , 12:45 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNillard View Post
Seriously, this band of cub-scouts need to knock it off. This isn't a qq thread; I am going to queue up myself regardless, and I'd say I win against them 35-40% of the time. But casual players and folks who would be interested in queue'ing up simply don't because of these OP knuckleheads and their 8-12 gunships. And that causes the queues to take forever, and then even the people who would be queuing leave to go do other things (regular PVP, Ops, etc)

I don't even understand how you find what you do to be fun or worth wild. You are the GSF equivalent of a group of people that just run 4 man Solo-mode Esseless social runs all day in full 248 gear with Jesus Droids to boot. Except what you do is even worse, because your shenanigans result in long queue times for all INCLUDING YOURSELVES, so you spend half your day sitting on fleet waiting for pops.

The coming changes to GSF are unfortunately too little, too late. Feel free to come in here and provide troll responses; it doesn't change the fact that you are ruining what is already the least played group content in the game. Congrats
I know exactly who you are talking about. A little backstory on their origin server which I believe is SL..........

Back when GSF was new people had a blast with un geared ships. In this natural setting the Imps dominated due to shear numbers. That didn't sit well and the following week a number of pubs mastered their ships and queued two groups simultaneously. So the normal matches on Shadowlands were random imps versus 8m pubs. How did we know they were grouped you say? 3 letter prefix at the end of their name designating a clan or squad. Unlike TEH or Harbinger these premades only played pub side. Since they were always grouped even if you played pub side you still played against them with your pug pub team. If you got on their team your medal count was very low as they got practically all of the kills. Thats how GSF dried up on that server with pubs vs pubs. Oh yeah, the most annoying thing they would do is identify the non noob on the opposite team and have at least 2 of them focusing down that person the whole match.

Fast forward to present - 5.0 GSF Revival

A few weeks back everyone was insistent on getting people onto Discord for GSF. Around that same time these 3 letter acronym players started to show up on Harbinger. They still exclusively play on pub faction side but they have their work cut out for them because there are some fantastic Imp pug players along with these super late night 3AM EST Russian named players.

MaximilianPower's Avatar


MaximilianPower
06.06.2017 , 02:11 PM | #24
@OP: I have a proposal. I understand why you don't want to name names, I get it. sensible. but the next time you find yourself facing the juggernaut you have described - consider asking for help. join the GSF discord (if you haven't already) and post in the relevant server channel. look me up there (my discord name is zuckernaut), or PM me here directly. I will attempt to aid the downtrodden faction, and (depending on time of day) I'll bring pilots with me. even if we can't manage a full 8, we should be able to create sufficient competition to keep the queue alive.

the reason I'm making this suggestion is because I have a habit of actively seeking out quality opposition. so, my offer isn't purely altruistic. if there's a good 8-man premade out there I haven't heard of - I want a piece of that. and i know a bunch of other folks who feel exactly the same way. no reason for you (and whoever you're flying with) to go it alone.
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
3 letter prefix at the end of their name designating a clan or squad
I don't think OP is referring to SRW. doesn't fit. SRW does not migrate as an 8-man team from TRE to SL. they just don't. over the past few months, i've only ever seen an 8-man SRW premade pubside on SL and JC. and even then, they were only grouping to face my team (Self-Inflicted) once a week for a couple of hours. we coordinate queues, and pugs are rarely caught in the crossfire.

There are certainly a bunch of srw-tagged players on many (if not all servers), and I know a couple of them will regularly group. But by "a couple" I mean literally, like, two. They aren't traveling around in an 8-man cavalcade, destroying queues wherever they go. Whoever OP is referring to, it can't be SRW.

Zuckerkorn Zuckernaut Spiderzuck Tensorcide Zuck-srw'i
Maximilian Power TøbiasFünke Tryhard Neckbeard MaxPower-srw
Star Forge / Satele Shan / Darth Malgus


Self-Inflicted / Shadowlands Reconnaisance Wing / Retrocide / Imperial Entanglements

Lendul's Avatar


Lendul
06.06.2017 , 02:17 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by caederon View Post
Don't you think, maybe, this is the actual problem? If you want to complain about something, perhaps direct your anger here. This game we have, GSF, is well-charted territory at this point. There are few mysteries. The path to victory (or at least to having competitive games) is clear, and there are many signposts pointing people in the right direction.

Even beyond running meta ships or ideal components, there are fundamentals of gameplay that are easily learned which will make matches better for everyone. The preponderance of players who neither bother to learn the basics nor practice them is... distressing. Far too many people make little effort to participate meaningfully in the matches they queue into. It is not a matter of hidden knowledge, gear gap, or anything other than a collective shrug of the shoulders.

Do you think those people care if they are being sniped to death or if they are sitting motionless behind a rock for twelve minutes? They get their CXP either way.

My advice is as it has always been: learn the game, encourage others to learn the game. Play to the best of your ability and be an active participant in matches.

- Despon
Most of your post is correct. Where you step out of bounds is in your ignorance and inexperience with the ground game. I am not sure how many more times I am going to correct this false assertion before "some" people correctly process the information.

People persueing Galatic Command Experience CXP do try and it is illogical for them to not do so being that CXP is bolstered by medals earned. They also get over twice the amount of unasselmbled components for wins as they do losses. In addition the demographic is only people on their level 70 characters that are premium(subscribers).

The problem lies with Guild Conquest which on most weeks is gated merely through games played. It is more probable and more logical that those persueing this objective are the ones entering game and then doing little to nothing.

If you can not differientiate between the two perhaps it is best to leave the conclusions to those that can.

Insert cliche(at this point) reference about Snape gathering information ....

caederon's Avatar


caederon
06.06.2017 , 04:34 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Lendul View Post
People persueing Galatic Command Experience CXP do try and it is illogical for them to not do so being that CXP is bolstered by medals earned. They also get over twice the amount of unasselmbled components for wins as they do losses. In addition the demographic is only people on their level 70 characters that are premium(subscribers).

The problem lies with Guild Conquest which on most weeks is gated merely through games played. It is more probable and more logical that those persueing this objective are the ones entering game and then doing little to nothing.

If you can not differientiate between the two perhaps it is best to leave the conclusions to those that can.
Anecdotally, which I am sure you will point out can be discounted by however much you value someone's personal experience, I have found the days where this phenomenon is at its worst are CXP Bonus Days. Unless these are stealthy Conquesters trying to throw shade on noble CXP farmers, it's certainly part of the problem even if not necessarily the whole thing.

And hey, I am indeed aware of how GSF participation is rewarded. I even made a whole video talking solely about Medals so that people could get up to speed, see how to earn medals, and benefit from both the sweet CXP they award and also from the Conquest rewards (which do, in fact, incentivize Conquistadors to play).

Even with all of these incentives, people continue doing their best barnacle impersonation and or using their ships to survey friendly spawn points like they're planning to build a mall there.

Perhaps my differentiation came to a conclusion differentiated from your own. What a surprise that would be.

- Despon

matthewdbear's Avatar


matthewdbear
06.06.2017 , 04:52 PM | #27
Listening :::::

DarthNillard's Avatar


DarthNillard
06.06.2017 , 06:45 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximilianPower View Post
@OP: I have a proposal. I understand why you don't want to name names, I get it. sensible. but the next time you find yourself facing the juggernaut you have described - consider asking for help. join the GSF discord (if you haven't already) and post in the relevant server channel. look me up there (my discord name is zuckernaut), or PM me here directly. I will attempt to aid the downtrodden faction, and (depending on time of day) I'll bring pilots with me. even if we can't manage a full 8, we should be able to create sufficient competition to keep the queue alive.

the reason I'm making this suggestion is because I have a habit of actively seeking out quality opposition. so, my offer isn't purely altruistic. if there's a good 8-man premade out there I haven't heard of - I want a piece of that. and i know a bunch of other folks who feel exactly the same way. no reason for you (and whoever you're flying with) to go it alone.


I don't think OP is referring to SRW. doesn't fit. SRW does not migrate as an 8-man team from TRE to SL. they just don't. over the past few months, i've only ever seen an 8-man SRW premade pubside on SL and JC. and even then, they were only grouping to face my team (Self-Inflicted) once a week for a couple of hours. we coordinate queues, and pugs are rarely caught in the crossfire.

There are certainly a bunch of srw-tagged players on many (if not all servers), and I know a couple of them will regularly group. But by "a couple" I mean literally, like, two. They aren't traveling around in an 8-man cavalcade, destroying queues wherever they go. Whoever OP is referring to, it can't be SRW.
I appreciate your response and enthusiasm. I do post in GSF chat channel on SL anytime I'm trying to queue. I don't into other DIscords besides my own guild one. While you're offer is appreciated though, that kind of also hints at my point. If I need to go rustle up troops in a GSF discord just to be able to compete with these jokers, isn't that in itself a problem?

And you are also correct, its now srw players (or if it is, as I have seen them rarely a few times, perhaps they have renamed). I will say this much about these suckers; the main culprits name rhymes with Man-Bone-Me

phalczen's Avatar


phalczen
06.06.2017 , 06:53 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by caederon View Post
Even with all of these incentives, people continue doing their best barnacle impersonation and or using their ships to survey friendly spawn points like they're planning to build a mall there.

Perhaps my differentiation came to a conclusion differentiated from your own. What a surprise that would be.

- Despon
If a game appears lost (and appearances can be deceiving) then the savvy CXP grinder will naturally go to the only DOM sat their side owns. Red players know this and will attempt to dislodge the entrenched team. Sometimes, individuals who know taking out turrets and capping a sat ALSO awards medals, often faster that defense medals, will take advantage of Reds flooding the one green turret and occasionally take a turret. But more often than not, the last few minutes of a match once the other side has 800 points will be highlighted by camping your friendly sat, regardless if its the CXP bonus day.

I still see people leaving a losing match, or even one they expect to lose based on stacked competition before it even starts, but its not as much as it was before the Galactic Command system. And, given how, uh, frustrating the GC system is I wouldn't blame anyone for looking for ways to maximize medals and therefore CXP.

I used to have all sorts of ideas what would make GSF participation increase or keep players. But I was proven wrong. I never would have predicted the GC system or its effects on GSF.

So, speaking for my harbinger experience, the OP is simply incorrect. Premades are not killing the GSF queues. Participation in GSF has never been higher than it is now, at least on Harbinger, and I play at all times of day.

Now, I may personally believe that groups should be in separate queues. I may personally believe that GSF needs more themed "Carrots." I may also feel that faster requisition gains are warranted. (2.5X from the 5.1-5.2 event seemed about right to me). I believe improving strikes will help the visceral experience. I even believe that a better tutorial would go a long way to helping people transition to GSF. But regardless of my beliefs about what will SUSTAIN gsf population, in my experience these days, I've never seen participation better than it is now. Because even if I'm solo-queueing and getting roflstomped by the competition, nothing beats the UC and CXP gain even from just trudging through the daily on as many characters as I can fit in my available playtime. If I'm getting roflstomped, I'd rather do it in space behind the controls of a Starfighter than in a ground warzone. And usually, I'm always getting roflstomped. I've played since beta, briefly on JC but mostly on Harbinger, and my win % is barely 50%.

No, I'm not in SRW, I rarely group up, and my toons are all easily identifiable by their suffix. And most of my toons I fly with lately do not have mastered ships, largely because my main pub pilot is not one of the advanced classes I feel compelled to grind hard on galactic command.

Oh, and Despon has put out more videos about learning the game than anyone except maybe Drak, so while he may be a bit opinionated at times, he is hardly cancer. So for you to place him on ignore, OP, is really your loss.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

SWCNT's Avatar


SWCNT
06.06.2017 , 07:32 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNillard View Post
And you are also correct, its now (*not) srw players (or if it is, as I have seen them rarely a few times, perhaps they have renamed). I will say this much about these suckers; the main culprits name rhymes with Man-Bone-Me
Oh that guy with the hamster powering his internet connection, for the record, we canned him months ago for various reasons.... And to Despon's comment, getting reinforcements is futile because these are straight farmers, whenever anyone of skill comes on they leave.