Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Hopping Republic GSF Weirdos are Ruining Queue's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Server Hopping Republic GSF Weirdos are Ruining Queue's

caederon
06.05.2017 , 07:25 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNillard View Post
Here's why this is nonsense. Unlike regular PVP, where you can learn to play for 59 levels before you have to deal with "real players" who are "geared" at 70, that doesn't happen for GSF. There is also no bolster. So I can queue at Level 1, get my 2 naked nonsense ships, and hop into a match where I get destroyed and say "yeah, never playing this again" which is more to my first point. And that is why that's the bigger point, and what you highlighted is a lesser point. Sure, it makes a bad situation worse, but if those people who just don't contribute didn't also queue, we probably wouldn't get ANY pops which is even worse
Here's some nonsense for you, me landing 11 kills and 56k damage in a stock Type 1 scout. And annotated instructions with audio commentary on what's happening every step of the way. Mastered ships will not help those who don't understand or don't care to understand how to play. Learning the theory behind the game and practicing the skills necessary to do well is a better use of your time than complaining and failing to listen to people who offer you solutions.

Having a full hangar of mastered ships won't do you any good if you're on a team full of people who can't shoot and who drift around the map like it was a sightseeing tour. Yes, GSF lacks a means to ease people in if there are no similarly skilled players playing when you are queuing. But the means to learn how to better your personal play are there in front of you.

Find your own group. The GSF Discord is a lot better of a place to look for people to group with you than GSF chat on underpopulated servers/factions. Work to learn the game. Encourage others to do the same.

- Despon

Lavaar
06.05.2017 , 08:33 PM | #12
I don't like where any of this is going

Lavaar
06.05.2017 , 08:40 PM | #13
This forum is no place for sensible comments

Magnusaviater
06.06.2017 , 05:37 AM | #14
"When GSF was pretty cool,
there were certain players,
who would hurt the newbies any way they could.

By pouring Ion cannons,
upon anything we did,
exposing every weakness, Battlescouts come streaking for the kill.

Sad to say but we all hoped that when they logged off at night,
their fat and psychopathic wives,
would thrash them,
within inches of their lives!

We don't need no education.
We don't need no thought control.
No dark sarcasm in the chat room.
Aces leave them newbs alone.
Hey, Aces! Leave them newbs alone!

All in all, it's just another kill for the wall.
All in all, you're just another dick in the wall."

MaximilianPower
06.06.2017 , 07:31 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusaviater View Post
All in all, it's just another kill for the wall.
All in all, you're just another dick in the wall."
+1 internets for you, sir.

Zuckerkorn Zuckernaut Spiderzuck Tensorcide Zuck-srw'i
Maximilian Power TøbiasFünke Tryhard Neckbeard MaxPower-srw
Star Forge / Satele Shan / Darth Malgus

Self-Inflicted / Shadowlands Reconnaisance Wing / Retrocide / Imperial Entanglements

Zarainia
06.06.2017 , 08:08 AM | #16
Can you give some indication of who you're talking about? Granted, I haven't been flying on Shadowlands that much lately, but the problem on that server is more that the imps are bad than that the pubs are good (they aren't really, and I've never seen a full premade there other than SRW). And on TRE, at least at the times I play, the imps dominate. There definitely isn't a premade pubside there, or at least, not a good one!
Sprigellania · Sprigellan
The Jedi's Extinction · Shadowlands Reconnaissance Wing · Starfighter Guardians · Gone Sithing · Thranta Squadron · Vermillion Squadron · Imperial Entanglements · RedAlert

DarthNillard
06.06.2017 , 08:14 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by caederon View Post
Here's some nonsense for you, me landing 11 kills and 56k damage in a stock Type 1 scout. And annotated instructions with audio commentary on what's happening every step of the way. Mastered ships will not help those who don't understand or don't care to understand how to play. Learning the theory behind the game and practicing the skills necessary to do well is a better use of your time than complaining and failing to listen to people who offer you solutions.

Having a full hangar of mastered ships won't do you any good if you're on a team full of people who can't shoot and who drift around the map like it was a sightseeing tour. Yes, GSF lacks a means to ease people in if there are no similarly skilled players playing when you are queuing. But the means to learn how to better your personal play are there in front of you.

Find your own group. The GSF Discord is a lot better of a place to look for people to group with you than GSF chat on underpopulated servers/factions. Work to learn the game. Encourage others to do the same.

- Despon
Oh, so being good at something is better than being bad at something you say? Such amazing wisdom, please sir can we have more?

Save your screenshots and shenanigans. You're clearly part of the problem and not helping to be part of a solution. Keep trying to dance around the clear facts that I am stating; you are doing nothing to even try and counter any of my points, you are just talking around them.

Sure, a "great player" with a basic ship will probably beat a sorry player with a fully kitted out ship. Also in case you were wondering, water is wet. That is not an issue that anybody is running into, or anybody is even talking about.

NEW AND BAD PLAYERS QUIT MATCHES AND STOP QUEUING BECAUSE THEY ARE GETTING DESTROYED BY A GROUP OF SERVER HOPPING PUB SIDE JERKS!!!!!! I would love to see a match where my entire team was bad people with 5 ships each fully kitted out, and we just lose because the other team is simply better. It will never happen. EVER! Because of the problems stated above, very few players are willing to put in the time and effort to get 1 kitted out ship, much less several. They try, they die (fast), they quit. The end; back to the rest of the game.

But I digress, you are most likely one of the weirdos I'm referring to in the OP. Enjoy your long queues, and welcome to my ignore list

DarthNillard
06.06.2017 , 08:19 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarainia View Post
Can you give some indication of who you're talking about? Granted, I haven't been flying on Shadowlands that much lately, but the problem on that server is more that the imps are bad than that the pubs are good (they aren't really, and I've never seen a full premade there other than SRW). And on TRE, at least at the times I play, the imps dominate. There definitely isn't a premade pubside there, or at least, not a good one!
Talking about other people specifically is a TOS violation, so I'm purposely keeping my comments generic in that regard. I can't speak to your situations, just what I've seen and heard. I mostly do ground PVP on TRE, but the few times I did invest time in GSF there earlier this year, I ran into this same group and it was the same results. From what I've heard in their pub side GSF chat, they are East Coast based. So they play on TRE in the morning to afternoon here (which is prime-time in Europe), then Shadowlands in the evening (when it's prime-time here), then Harbinger late night (when it's prime-time on the West Coast).

Zarainia
06.06.2017 , 08:34 AM | #19
Okay, well, if you find me elsewhere, tell me. I'm kind of confused and curious now.
Sprigellania · Sprigellan
The Jedi's Extinction · Shadowlands Reconnaissance Wing · Starfighter Guardians · Gone Sithing · Thranta Squadron · Vermillion Squadron · Imperial Entanglements · RedAlert

DarthNillard
06.06.2017 , 08:44 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarainia View Post
Okay, well, if you find me elsewhere, tell me. I'm kind of confused and curious now.
I fly with you when you are on Sprigellania fairly often, including last night. "Whoops"