Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Hopping Republic GSF Weirdos are Ruining Queue's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Server Hopping Republic GSF Weirdos are Ruining Queue's

DarthNillard
06.05.2017 , 10:30 AM | #1
Seriously, this band of cub-scouts need to knock it off. This isn't a qq thread; I am going to queue up myself regardless, and I'd say I win against them 35-40% of the time. But casual players and folks who would be interested in queue'ing up simply don't because of these OP knuckleheads and their 8-12 gunships. And that causes the queues to take forever, and then even the people who would be queuing leave to go do other things (regular PVP, Ops, etc)

I don't even understand how you find what you do to be fun or worth wild. You are the GSF equivalent of a group of people that just run 4 man Solo-mode Esseless social runs all day in full 248 gear with Jesus Droids to boot. Except what you do is even worse, because your shenanigans result in long queue times for all INCLUDING YOURSELVES, so you spend half your day sitting on fleet waiting for pops.

The coming changes to GSF are unfortunately too little, too late. Feel free to come in here and provide troll responses; it doesn't change the fact that you are ruining what is already the least played group content in the game. Congrats

MaximilianPower
06.05.2017 , 02:02 PM | #2
Would you mind sharing some details? A lot of folks server-hop, myself included...but I've never heard of an entire battalion of 8-12 gunships doing this. Which server are we talking about here? Is this a regular occurrence?

Zuckerkorn Zuckernaut Spiderzuck Tensorcide Zuck-srw'i
Maximilian Power TøbiasFünke Tryhard Neckbeard MaxPower-srw
Star Forge / Satele Shan / Darth Malgus

Self-Inflicted / Shadowlands Reconnaisance Wing / Retrocide / Imperial Entanglements

DarthNillard
06.05.2017 , 02:34 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximilianPower View Post
Would you mind sharing some details? A lot of folks server-hop, myself included...but I've never heard of an entire battalion of 8-12 gunships doing this. Which server are we talking about here? Is this a regular occurrence?
They go between The Red Eclipse, Shadowlands, and Harbinger and only play republic side. They run at least one, usually 2, and sometimes it seems 3 groups of 4 people with 5 ships each fully kitted out. There's just no competitive balance and it deters casual and new players from even queue'ing. I can't tell you how many people drop out of matches and stop queue'ing daily on the imp side when these fools are doing what they do.

In deathmatches, its 6-10 gunships spread out just sniping the crap out of everybody. And in Domination, they catch 2 nodes with their super fast scouts and then surround them with gunships and snipe the crap out of everybody the rest of the match. And sure enough imp side, drop drop drop drop drop and then its 5 or 6 of us vs 8 or 12 of them for half the match....

To make matters worse, when they aren't just dropping within 2 minutes, we are getting more people now who just want the cheap CXP and stay but don't care or try. They say something to the extent of "oh no these guys, oh well" and then do nothing. I'd say roughly half the matches I play, including wins, there are between 1-3 people who finish with 0 medals on the imp side.

caederon
06.05.2017 , 03:01 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNillard View Post
To make matters worse, when they aren't just dropping within 2 minutes, we are getting more people now who just want the cheap CXP and stay but don't care or try. They say something to the extent of "oh no these guys, oh well" and then do nothing. I'd say roughly half the matches I play, including wins, there are between 1-3 people who finish with 0 medals on the imp side.
Don't you think, maybe, this is the actual problem? If you want to complain about something, perhaps direct your anger here. This game we have, GSF, is well-charted territory at this point. There are few mysteries. The path to victory (or at least to having competitive games) is clear, and there are many signposts pointing people in the right direction.

Even beyond running meta ships or ideal components, there are fundamentals of gameplay that are easily learned which will make matches better for everyone. The preponderance of players who neither bother to learn the basics nor practice them is... distressing. Far too many people make little effort to participate meaningfully in the matches they queue into. It is not a matter of hidden knowledge, gear gap, or anything other than a collective shrug of the shoulders.

Do you think those people care if they are being sniped to death or if they are sitting motionless behind a rock for twelve minutes? They get their CXP either way.

My advice is as it has always been: learn the game, encourage others to learn the game. Play to the best of your ability and be an active participant in matches.

- Despon

philwil
06.05.2017 , 03:28 PM | #5
Not sure the situation here....but...there are a lot of imp aces that fly harbinger and sit for hours.

So..not sure what the problem is other than in your time slot, the pubs are stronger.

Either change your playing time, or get with the program and make them rue the day they sat pub side, beating your behind.
Harbinger Jedi Covenant Shadow Lands The Red Eclipse

philwil
06.05.2017 , 03:43 PM | #6
I also have this question. Which server are you flying on?

I know harbinger did not have the issue earlier.

And yes...at times odds are stacked against your team. Specially if you solo queue. Best thing to do is to find fellow gsf'ers who care about matches and team up with them in a group.

If you solo queue, it may be the fact others are in a group and being bypassed....as groups take precedence over solo queue people.
Harbinger Jedi Covenant Shadow Lands The Red Eclipse

Lavaar
06.05.2017 , 05:51 PM | #7
There are scores of players sitting around on this forum, the GSF discord, as well as most servers' /gsf chat who are just itching for a chance to take on some stacked competition. Next time you see these folks be sure to let someone know who can stop by and even the odds a little bit.

DarthNillard
06.05.2017 , 06:40 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by caederon View Post
Don't you think, maybe, this is the actual problem? If you want to complain about something, perhaps direct your anger here. This game we have, GSF, is well-charted territory at this point. There are few mysteries. The path to victory (or at least to having competitive games) is clear, and there are many signposts pointing people in the right direction.

Even beyond running meta ships or ideal components, there are fundamentals of gameplay that are easily learned which will make matches better for everyone. The preponderance of players who neither bother to learn the basics nor practice them is... distressing. Far too many people make little effort to participate meaningfully in the matches they queue into. It is not a matter of hidden knowledge, gear gap, or anything other than a collective shrug of the shoulders.

Do you think those people care if they are being sniped to death or if they are sitting motionless behind a rock for twelve minutes? They get their CXP either way.

My advice is as it has always been: learn the game, encourage others to learn the game. Play to the best of your ability and be an active participant in matches.

- Despon
Here's why this is nonsense. Unlike regular PVP, where you can learn to play for 59 levels before you have to deal with "real players" who are "geared" at 70, that doesn't happen for GSF. There is also no bolster. So I can queue at Level 1, get my 2 naked nonsense ships, and hop into a match where I get destroyed and say "yeah, never playing this again" which is more to my first point. And that is why that's the bigger point, and what you highlighted is a lesser point. Sure, it makes a bad situation worse, but if those people who just don't contribute didn't also queue, we probably wouldn't get ANY pops which is even worse.

That said, back to my bigger point. I help run a very active guild, I try to encourage people to play GSF and am willing to help them learn and such. But the long queue times plus the competitive imbalance = people don't bother. At best I can get a few folks to pop into a match or two at 70 when the CXP bonus is GSF, but that's about it.

But again, point the fingers back at the people who are identifying problems, not at the actual problems. Cool story bro

P.S. - Let's also not forget how GSF was touted as a F2P expansion for everyone. Do you think F2P casual players who are just trying out the many facets to the game are going to deep dive into forum and website posts on the ins and outs of GSF when they don't even like the game enough to sub? SMH....

DarthNillard
06.05.2017 , 06:43 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by philwil View Post
I also have this question. Which server are you flying on?

I know harbinger did not have the issue earlier.

And yes...at times odds are stacked against your team. Specially if you solo queue. Best thing to do is to find fellow gsf'ers who care about matches and team up with them in a group.

If you solo queue, it may be the fact others are in a group and being bypassed....as groups take precedence over solo queue people.
Mainly TRE and Shadowlands; I have players on Harb but don't do GSF over there. I used to play some on the pub side and have conversations with some of the offenders who have keyed me into the 3 servers they hop across. If competitive balance is better on Harbinger that's great, but I am on the East Coast so that doesn't help me much unfortunately.

DarthNillard
06.05.2017 , 06:45 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lavaar View Post
There are scores of players sitting around on this forum, the GSF discord, as well as most servers' /gsf chat who are just itching for a chance to take on some stacked competition. Next time you see these folks be sure to let someone know who can stop by and even the odds a little bit.
Trust me chief, I am in GSF chat on all my main toons. There is minimal chat on Shadowlands Imp, and when it's "active", its really just the same few 4-5 people (myself included) trying to get groups going...usually to no avail