Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware please revise this - Companion Influence earned from Crew Skill Missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Bioware please revise this - Companion Influence earned from Crew Skill Missions

dr_mike
06.05.2017 , 01:12 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sith-Viscera View Post
Cause that would suck and no doubt tick off a lot of people like my self.
I;m sort of in that boat since I'm one of the folks who sunk a lot of in game money into my companions to get their influence up.

Glad though I stopped at 35.
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth

Grumblejin
06.05.2017 , 03:24 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
I think putting influence behind such a massive credit sink was stupid to begin with. I preferred he data crystal system, and barring that I prefer their future plans
I agree also credit sink is bad.

MeNaCe-NZ
06.05.2017 , 05:16 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
I think it is a good idea especially in light of how many companions we have now.
Agreed, people need to get past this "but it was this way before and it's not fair" nonsense.

It's basically implying we should never improve anything ever because someone else had to do it the hard way before and we don't want them to feel put out.

Pfft.

CrazyScruffy
06.05.2017 , 06:28 PM | #14
they can complain about sinking credits into gifts all they want. there were and are still ways to get gifts without spending any credits. I have over 50+ comps at lvl 50 without paying a credit for gifts. plus many more ranging from 20-49.

psandak
06.05.2017 , 07:03 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyScruffy View Post
they can complain about sinking credits into gifts all they want. there were and are still ways to get gifts without spending any credits. I have over 50+ comps at lvl 50 without paying a credit for gifts. plus many more ranging from 20-49.
But how much time did you spend grinding star fortresses and/or heroics to get all those gifts (from I am assuming alliance crates)?
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

CrazyScruffy
06.05.2017 , 07:14 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
But how much time did you spend grinding star fortresses and/or heroics to get all those gifts (from I am assuming alliance crates)?
no grinds at all really. just play. its not that hard. and then before they took away crystals, it was even easier then.

SteveTheCynic
06.06.2017 , 03:09 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Starter companions from the class stories (T7, Jorgan, Khem Val, Vette, Qyzen, Kaliyo, Corso, Mako, on their respective classes) can gain several thousand points of influence per visit to Black Talon / The Esseles. (The "old" versions, before you get them back from the KotFE storyline or alerts, that is, for Vette/Jorgan/T7/Kaliyo/Qyzen.)

Granted, that still counts as grinding existing content, but you see the idea, right? And that process doesn't even require gifts!

And M1-4X (Pub characters) and Lt. Pierce (Imp characters) gain 250 per warzone lost, 500 per win after you get them back from the KotFE alert. Again, grinding, but no gifts.

And you get gifts in GC crates.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Dzsewdow
06.08.2017 , 03:11 PM | #18
It really is about losing OPs advantage, which he obviously has worked for. But the new system will still need work and credits while it provides the possibility for new players to catch up eventually. That is not bad. And OP had probably had returned many times for his investment so all he loses is his headstart.

Bobby_McDonald
06.08.2017 , 04:00 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Vercundus View Post
My bet, it will be like LS/DS, that was mitigated by raising bar for max points. Still, running missions for influence is a win-win since you will get mats as well. If you sell those, you will be gaining influence for free and that is the idea I do not like.
Why not? Because you cannot benefit from it anymore since you already got your crafting comps to lvl. 50? Dont be selfish please.

Vercundus
06.08.2017 , 04:50 PM | #20
How will I not benefit from my companions? Their level will not decrease.

Sadly, with half the population of the game being so stupid, I'm afraid no "improvement" of the game will make them smarter, quite the opposite. Game is becoming easier due to stupid players unable to competitively play.

Also, another downside is that this change will somehow support already terrible companion system 4.0+. What to do with 20+ companions per toon? Well level them, of course...
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs