Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware please revise this - Companion Influence earned from Crew Skill Missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Bioware please revise this - Companion Influence earned from Crew Skill Missions

Vercundus
06.01.2017 , 01:26 AM | #1
Not sure if this is a proper spot for this topic.

While roadmap is great and insightful, this one got me worried. Companion Influence earned from Crew Skill Missions.

This is such a slap in the face to many hard working crafters that put a lot of time, credits and energy into leveling their companions. The very thought of every single player having a possibility of reaching level 50 relatively quickly sickens me.

First, BW removes Data Crystals which were great way of buying Grade 6 gifts. Then, they bump up the price of Grade 6 gifts so barely anyone will buy them. Then they remove CXP from Esseles and Black Talon, to further demoralize people running it. And now, they want everyone to have more convenient way of leveling companions?

What could be the reason? Some sort of money sink? Reducing inflation on GTN?

What are your thoughts on this?
Rename EU server to Darth Marr!
My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

SteveTheCynic
06.01.2017 , 02:51 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Vercundus View Post
What are your thoughts on this?
Meh.

(Well, you asked. That's what I think.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

EzioMessi
06.01.2017 , 07:19 AM | #3
I think putting influence behind such a massive credit sink was stupid to begin with. I preferred he data crystal system, and barring that I prefer their future plans
The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Attair - Level 70 Sentinel
If you like my comment, please click my referral link for free goodies for both you and
me: http://www.swtor.com/r/3XbB9h

psandak
06.01.2017 , 08:45 AM | #4
I have a feeling that each mission will generate a very small amount of influence (random number pulled from the aether: 100 influence per mission run, possibly variable based on mission difficulty and/or quality; i.e. a yellow difficulty rich mission will generate more influence than a moderate gray), therefore it will take a VERY long time for someone to get a companion to rank 50 solely through crew skill missions.

This is just another example of exchanging time for credits: want to get your companion high rank quickly, spend credits on gifts. want to get your companion high rank without spending additional credits, run crew skill missions.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Balameb
06.01.2017 , 08:49 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Vercundus View Post
The very thought of every single player having a possibility of reaching level 50 relatively quickly sickens me.
We still don't know how much incluence will be gained with missions (or have they say that already and i missed it?).
I don't think that is going to be much. And it probably will give more with higher grade, but as those missions takes more time it will not be too fast.

I personally do like the idea, the first time i started with crew missions i thought that it should provide some influence gain with each one (even a little bit). Now i'm looking forward to it.

Vercundus
06.02.2017 , 12:16 AM | #6
My bet, it will be like LS/DS, that was mitigated by raising bar for max points. Still, running missions for influence is a win-win since you will get mats as well. If you sell those, you will be gaining influence for free and that is the idea I do not like.
Rename EU server to Darth Marr!
My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

SithEmpress
06.03.2017 , 12:50 PM | #7
I think it's a great idea. I don't think it will be that fast as top level crew skill missions take a decent amount of time to run. I assume the higher the crew skills the more influence you get, so you will be better off running top tier over bottom ones. I'd be surprise if it's that good (I actually hope it is) and if it is that good I'm going to love it. Even if I did waste a lot of money getting my companion up so far it will benefit any alts I make. I overall hate tedious massive grinds in general. To be honest people can raise their companion influences by buying gift from the vendor on the fleet which is much cheaper than buying gift off the market. The only bad part is you have to stand their for hours which is stupid. I think it just a way to passively help player level up the countless companions they have. Which I think is a good thing for everyone.
If you are looking for refer a friend link, than I have one for you right
here Click Here. Hey well both get some shines!

DenariusJay
06.04.2017 , 12:20 PM | #8
Even if its 500 per run - your still talking a huge grind and a lot of credits spent just to get to influence rank 50. IF anyone here has pvp'd Pierce or Mx to 50 you will know it takes forever. I'm still pretty confident that companion gifts are gonna still sell well and be the primary means to level a companion.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

casirabit
06.04.2017 , 06:03 PM | #9
I think it is a good idea especially in light of how many companions we have now.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Sith-Viscera
06.05.2017 , 03:42 AM | #10
I stopped sending comp for crew skills/crafting long long long time ago. I just do not care to waste time on it. i can buy what ever i need on GTM. So i hope we can still get influence on our every day activities with comps? Cause that would suck and no doubt tick off a lot of people like my self.
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G