Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
05.31.2017 , 12:45 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Use this thread to discuss the 2017 road map from Keith, which can be found here.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Arcalyxme
05.31.2017 , 01:44 PM | #2
That's what you call a roadmap?
Seriously ?
<Elysium> / Toraen, Aarom, Lyeom

BenKatarn
05.31.2017 , 01:46 PM | #3
I was hoping you at least had the rest of the year mapped out by now... but this? It took so long to give us a roadmap for the next three months only?
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

ajiehblr
05.31.2017 , 01:48 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Arcalyxme View Post
That's what you call a roadmap?
Seriously ?
It's not very productive you know? Telling him what exactly you didn't like or wanted to see will help a lot.

Arcalyxme
05.31.2017 , 01:49 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ajiehblr View Post
It's not very productive you know? Telling him what exactly you didn't like or wanted to see will help a lot.
We had to wait weeks to get an overview of what we already knew, content for the next 2/3 months. I expected at least the entire year to be covered, but even that seems to be too much for them.
<Elysium> / Toraen, Aarom, Lyeom

Pietrastor
05.31.2017 , 01:51 PM | #6
Well it's a 3-months roadmap, not even one hint on Fall/Winter plans and little new information overall, sorry

I sure am excited about new stronghold though

tinybdmc
05.31.2017 , 01:53 PM | #7
You did read it right? He said he is planning on releasing a roadmap every quarter. So yes this one will only include 3 months then next one will include 3 months and so on. Sheesh
Referral Link for free stuff http://www.swtor.com/r/J6SnNh

Talon_strikes
05.31.2017 , 01:54 PM | #8
Thank you for the roadmap Keith. I'll say that I'm very surprised that it only covers the summer of SWTOR. Is it fair to say there will be an end-of-the-year roadmap?

Also extremely disappointing on nothing discussing RNG gearing, a complete revamp or removal of Galactic Command, or server merges.
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

EzioMessi
05.31.2017 , 01:57 PM | #9
Wow.... Aside from the vague mentions of us getting one new warzone and GSF map, there's nothing in this roadmap that hadn't already been mentioned to us?

We already knew that the VotMG Op was gonna be fully released this year. We already knew the next story update would be a flashpoint. I had heard some forum-goers mention the Manaan stronghold (though I don't know if that was a rumour or certainty) and Keith had already teased the customization and perks.

For whatever it's worth I am sure all of us PvPers are thrilled to hear that UCs will be made legacy-wide and we'll be getting a new warzone again, and I am sure a lot of people have been dying for the QoL and stronghold/decorations changes and additions. But the PvErs don't have much to go off of... All you've told them is that Esne and Aivela will be coming, which we already knew, and something about a Platinum item (PLEASE tell me it's not more gear....).

The weekly discussion and quarterly roadmap sounds like a great idea though. Looking forward to it.

Also I am really glad you heard the PvPers concerns about UC's being far too grindy right now. I hope you continue listening if it happens to need any tuning, and bring us to a nice compromise between what we have now and what we had in patch 2.0-4.x (could get max PvP gear in just 2 weeks of grinding).
The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Attair - Level 70 Sentinel
If you like my comment, please click my referral link for free goodies for both you and
me: http://www.swtor.com/r/3XbB9h

darthscotty
05.31.2017 , 01:58 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by tinybdmc View Post
You did read it right? He said he is planning on releasing a roadmap every quarter. So yes this one will only include 3 months then next one will include 3 months and so on. Sheesh
BUT reading is so hard and takes to long, I wanna just rage.
Quote: Originally Posted by Babby View Post
We don't tolerate facts around here.