Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Leveling Build/Skill Tree and Companion for Sniper ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent
Best Leveling Build/Skill Tree and Companion for Sniper ?

Darhany
12.27.2011 , 03:56 PM | #1
Any advice on build/best skill tree for leveling and which is the best companion for leveling as a Sniper please ?

jabro
12.27.2011 , 04:34 PM | #2
Yes, the game has been out for 7 days. This should have been min/maxed by now, people. Screw trying to have fun with the game, I just want to rush to 50.

Aryndelin
12.27.2011 , 06:05 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Darhany View Post
Any advice on build/best skill tree for leveling and which is the best companion for leveling as a Sniper please ?
Best leveling spec until 30's is engineering, get the explosive probes upgrade talents and interrogation probe, add healing to adrenaline probe and you'll do very well until lethality/marksman comes efficient (around lvl 40).

once hte 1 extra cluster charge/5 energy recover on cluster bomb detonation is taken, go for the critical hit talent in lethality, then the accuracy and snipe damage talents in marksman.

After that its entirely up to you as a player (i suggest ambush pushback and the 20% ignore armor to ambush).

as for companions, stick with kaliyo. remember to gear her up with commendation/war zone gear (aka keep her gear up on par with level) and you'll do just fine with her.
You can use the 4th and 5th unlocked companion (im including the ship droid in the count btw) if you want, both is good choices if you keep their gear up to date.

at lvl 40+ you can consider going marksman for single target godness. (just remember to take the +10 energy and 9% cunning talents from engineering and crit talent from lethality before stuffing points in marksman.)

engineering tacs: to burn down elites/strong mobs fast: Open with ambush and immediatly use explosive probes followed by interrogation probe and "auto fire" ability to regen some energy by proccing cluster bombs, then snipe it down.

Marksman lvl 40+: Open with armor reducing talent -> snipe -> ambush -> followthrough -> series of shot. if the mob isnt dead by then use takedown.

Edit: remember to use shield probe when necessary once you get it. also use flash bang to stun multiple mobs to reduce incomming damage at the start. that is: use your abilities cleverly to avoid damage and survive fights ^^

En_v
12.27.2011 , 07:59 PM | #4
I've Been Marks Since level 10. And I can go on and rant about lag and how stupid Cover can be with all the LOS issues that a 2inch ledge gives you im not.

I found that with using Vector / Ensign I can pump out kills with barely any down time. (Energy is biggest issues, I use Adreneline probe on CD)

(I Was a 400 Armstech by the time I was like 38 So Vector -> Ensign always had Legendary, Artifact Weapons)

Rotation I use.

Get somewhere, where you know los isng going to be an issue.

Hard Cast Ambush -> Explosive Probe (Probe gets activated on ambush hit) -> Shatter Shot -> Freecast Snipe -> (>30 Series of Shots, <30 Takedown)

With this rotation I can kill almost any "Strong" target with that one rotation.

If they are a normal Mob a Ambush -> Probe can pretty much one shot them.

Aryndelin
12.27.2011 , 09:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by En_v View Post
I've Been Marks Since level 10. And I can go on and rant about lag and how stupid Cover can be with all the LOS issues that a 2inch ledge gives you im not.

I found that with using Vector / Ensign I can pump out kills with barely any down time. (Energy is biggest issues, I use Adreneline probe on CD)

(I Was a 400 Armstech by the time I was like 38 So Vector -> Ensign always had Legendary, Artifact Weapons)

Rotation I use.

Get somewhere, where you know los isng going to be an issue.

Hard Cast Ambush -> Explosive Probe (Probe gets activated on ambush hit) -> Shatter Shot -> Freecast Snipe -> (>30 Series of Shots, <30 Takedown)

With this rotation I can kill almost any "Strong" target with that one rotation.

If they are a normal Mob a Ambush -> Probe can pretty much one shot them.
reason that -^ guy have energy issues is because he use explosive probe without its cluster bomb/energy reducing talents.

just something to keep in mind. (at lvl 36+ you dont want to use explosive probe as MM either way.)

Cempa
06.02.2012 , 05:42 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by jabro View Post
Yes, the game has been out for 7 days. This should have been min/maxed by now, people. Screw trying to have fun with the game, I just want to rush to 50.
Necro post for help!
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”

erei
06.02.2012 , 06:47 AM | #7
The best tree for lvling is MM tree. The leth tree is cool for monotarget DPS, but for multi target and trash it suck. It's a good endgame tree, for raiding and PvP, but not at all for soloing/lvling. Maybe Eng is fine for the AoE, but I don't know, didn't played Eng since 1.2.
Also, the tree is fine for PvP.
Using this :
http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...1e5fe5fe4fdf21
You may want to use heavy shot instead of diversion if you only do pvp/solo, but it really suck when you start grouping for anything. KBing mobs everytime you are close is a real pain for the tank.
You want to rush followthrough and sniper nest ASAP. Then start spending where you want to. Anyway, the really good skills only come at 36 (series of shot) and 48 (orbital bombardment).
This is the "final template" you can aim :
http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...e11df8df5ef4ef
Or, if you are more about explosive probe and less about series of shot :
http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...f4ef2e2f5ef4ef
Both works fine for solo pveing. And both are fine for PvP.

As a companion, you will use Kalyio for a LONG time, since the first companion you unlock after her is on alderaan, and is not useful for a sniper. The one you will use everytime once you have him is Dr Lokin, end of Taris. He is healer. He heal you, you kill people, no need to take a break between mobs.
For endgame, I use Kalyio from time to time, usually when doing Heroics (dailies/BH). Some argue SCORPIO is better for tanking, but she is such a pain to stuff.

Finrok
06.02.2012 , 07:40 PM | #8
I don't see how marks is better than engineering for leveling in PvE. Marks sucks for leveling 1-40 since its just single target and mobs come in groups of 4 on quests and there are usually several groups that stand before you and your objectives.

Are you meaning MM is good for leveling through PvP?