Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerers need a good 100% dmg buff

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer

Zolxtren
05.23.2017 , 11:27 PM | #1
the sad part is ? this is not even a joke.... sorcs doing 50% less overall dmg even crits then other classes....

how can the devs miss calculate THIS MUCH ? i mean i saw broken balancing in many games...

but this dmg difference how the hell even gone through of testing ? we are talking about a good 100% dmg differences when classes hitting for twice as much dmg and crits then sorcs....

btw just tried something silly.... and at low lvls a NAKED assassin with only weapon doing as much dmg with force abilities etc. as a SORC in half blue half green gear in almost every slot.....

We have some serious scaling issues over here !

btw saber strike hits harder then a dot tick............. if you spam it hard enough its dps is close to a not buffed Vanilla force lighting....

Alssaran
06.02.2017 , 11:43 PM | #2
Quote:
We don't need to double our damage by far. Our total damage output (at least as Balance and Telekinesis) doesn't use the same cooldowns and burst times that some classes you refer to use. I'm absolutely sure you're referring to Heatseeker Missiles.

Different burst windows. Different CD. Different instant-ability progs. However, in total DPS, Sages actually lack behind ~15% when pure DPS numbers are concerned. A 100% damage boost would turn the entire community against sages as we'd be the number one DPS par excellence by a long margin. Imagine Turbulence and TKW are buffed by 100% outright. That'd mean the two abilities would be able to crit at ~30k each and be used within one GCD of each other. That'd mean a 60k damage burst against players with 120k life. That'd be ridiculous. Combine that with instant TKB and TKG and we'd have a recipe for imbalance disaster.

Romeugues
06.03.2017 , 07:46 AM | #3
Hits for a single ability isn't really a great measure of damage/burst, an annihilation Mara can crit for over 30K with Annihilate but they're not a burst class.
Sorcs are getting buffed but their DPS is not getting a 100% buff lol, I just hope it makes Lightning an actual threat in PVP and viable in PVE ops.
I'd like madness to have more self healing and better single target without making their AOE "op" in pvp since it would get nerfed eventually.

DarthCognusSion
06.03.2017 , 10:38 AM | #4
It is these kind of threads that is the reason devs don't listen to players. Lightning is just over 14%, and Madness is just over 12% behind the highest parsing class in terms of damage. We don't need a damage increase of 100%. Madness needs a damage buff to equal Virulence and Innovative Ordinance and Lightning should do equal damage to Arsenal, and Marksman Sniper should be doing the same as Arsenal as well.

ViktorAres
06.03.2017 , 08:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCognusSion View Post
It is these kind of threads that is the reason devs don't listen to players. Lightning is just over 14%, and Madness is just over 12% behind the highest parsing class in terms of damage. We don't need a damage increase of 100%. Madness needs a damage buff to equal Virulence and Innovative Ordinance and Lightning should do equal damage to Arsenal, and Marksman Sniper should be doing the same as Arsenal as well.
Furthermore, the ability damage values have to compensate for the light armor and cast times. The original developers knew this, but apparently not the 5.0 team.

JamieKirby
06.08.2017 , 04:39 AM | #6
The best way to balance pvp with pve with all the classes is to have 2 versions of every ability, same animation and stuff, just when you do pvp, you use the pvp version and pve uses the pve version, problem solved.

I mean, they do have pvp versions of some stuff, like 60 second stuns don't last so long against players, so it is possible to do.

Darkrebellord
06.08.2017 , 07:14 AM | #7
Sith Sorcerer need to be given 100 percent damage and longer lasting barrier after all the sith Sorcerer is the main character in swtor wars it meant to be the stronger and most ruthless

Darkrebellord
06.08.2017 , 07:22 AM | #8
Well if Developers do not wont to listen say good bye to subscription and pay check nerfing sith sorcerer all the time means 1 less sub.