Impossible mission

missysmokey

I am filing a formal complaint in regards to the last mission of the game: the eternal throne. It is impossible to beat Vaylin as it is set up. I suggest that you provide more memory healing rings, reduce cool down times on skills or slow her down or change something about her attacks so she cannot trap and kill the player so fast and so often. I strongly feel that the way it is now is B.S. It would be greatly appreciated by many solo players. :rak_02:

How are so many players completing an "impossible mission" and beating the "impossible to beat" opponent? How are so many players accomplishing that "impossible" feat many times?

Could it be that it is not impossible, after all?

Annoying? Yes.

Challenging? Yes.

Impossible? Shouldn't be.

In theory as long as you know what you're doing, Vaylin's Spirit isn't impossible... just make sure you're on the right difficulty mode ;)

There are, I think half a dozen now, threads that discuss the tactics to use on her.

Just don't panic :)

Practice makes perfect... so they say ;)

Oh, come on.

Speak for yourself and not any other solo players. Anyone could have helped you in-game just by being social while playing and asking for some help. You not being able to do something doesn't mean everyone else also can't do it and assuming it's impossible to do this mission when it's obvious so many people have done it multiple times and with all the classes is just... come on.

*sigh*

TL;DR - 1) Learn to play and 2) try being social in-game me people will help.

O_o

Edited by PetFish

No, it is not impossible. I have done it a few times already.

(1) Sawbones healer

(2) Lightening spec sorcerer

(3) Sentinel

etc.....

And no as a solo player I like the way the mission is thank you very much.

Edited by casirabit

Yeah, I'm definitely NOT with the OP on this one. I am an Impossibilist!

I've done this on:

* Gunnery Commando (with Lord D)

* Vigilance Guardian (with Lord D)

* Lightning Sorcerer (without Lord D)

* Sharpshooter Gunslinger (without Lord D)

There are many variations on exactly what you do - do you save the circles to heal you or reserve them for damaging her, do you just stand with your back to the wall and take the stuns when she does the knock-back or do you run away, etc, etc, etc. - but in all cases, you must play this fight by *its* rules, not by yours. And one of its rules is that you must know how your class works. You must have your stun breaker on your ability bars somewhere useful, you must not stand between her and the edge of the world when she curls up to cast the knock-back, and so on.

Read the guides and learn how to play it.

• 1 month later...

Have done it twice ---

once ranged sniper, with NO Lord D

once with melee sentinel, with Lord D

Need it two more times ... and yes, will do it with Lord D, it is easier and I'll just take the dark side hit ...

wasn't that bad once I understood the mechanics --- long, boring ... yes --- impossible... no

Arcaan and Valkorian drove me to drink almost, but not Vaylin -- go figure lol