Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorc/sage NEEDS a buff.

slukslaksla
05.16.2017 , 04:25 PM | #1
now sry for the clickbait-y title but i mean what it says, bear with me plz;

now im not gonna talk to mouch about gear but sorc has a few issues... first off this is mainly based off pvp but HM+ ops as well. now the problem is as follows:

sorc is weak.

yes its weak... it has shabby defensives in pvp and low crits. the highest me and my friend ever saw on a sorc was a 13k crit. and that is after spamming all abilitys (in lightning spec specificly) over and over until one of them crits. in a realistic situation sorc vs anything else... ANYTHING in a fair 1v1 duel will most likely lose (unless the sorc player is way more skilled but this is a fair fight so he aint) .

sorcs defensives for PVE are fine as a healer or 2 is usualy there to back you up but, in pvp thats usualy not the case. pvp lately to my experience suffers from matchmaking annoying-ness where enemy will have 4 healers and we will have none. this makes playing a damage sorc wary hard indeed. as the main defensives are static barrier wich imo dont do anything but look cool, and the other "god bubble" as i call it wich is good but after it ends you are 100% dead. you do have the teleport but becuase of how it works ppl can be waiting for you after u used it. also you must put it up BEFORE the fight.

for the damage part sorcs just plain weak.. i played a lvl 57 merc during early 5.0 and had several consistant 25k-40k crits on several abilitys, mostly heatseekers. the hiighest my sorc ever had on what i considder to be its best burst ability: chain-lightning and the other shooting bubble thing (pardon me i cant think of its name now) was 11k.. that was on a 4p set bonus sorc in 230 gear (with one 236) all auged. my friend who's probably better geared hits around 13k. 40k on merc vs 13k on a sorc that is better geared AND higher level.. AND MY 11k CRITS AINT EVEN CONSISTANT! my sorc can cast 5 abilitys and do the same dmg as a merc does in ONE! dunno about you but that is sure not balance...

for pve I literly seen several ops grps (on TRE, a pve server) say (example): LF 1T 3D 2H KP HM Must know tactics, NO SORCS ALOWED!

and thats for KP wich i have dps-ed myself in hm as a 210 geared scoundrel in healer gear...
that, i have not made up. id take a screenshot but it didn't fall into mind at the time.

mhm... *clears throat*

i also want to state why i compare sorc and merc: mostly is cus their so similar. both got healer spec both got dot spec and both got burst spec... they are also ranged/utility classes and their burst trees focus on speed/alacrity. making them the perfect comparison in my opinion.

healer as of now feels like its fairly balanced. but the sorc dmg has been dear i say; notorius for beeing nerfed or "not buffed" for a dam long time... and i do not count the new MELEE STUN as a buff...

pardon my ranting here i truly love the game ALOT but, to fix this i would suggest buffing ALL sorc dmg abilitys and i mean ALL. and also give static barrier's "cant use again on same target" debuff a longer timer, in exchange for mouch more defense. (maybe add passive in the legendary tree that does it and only gives more defense and cd to yourself and not other allies)

i again apoligize for the rant style of this post and also im sure others already posted similar stuff but i wanted to get it out there anyways... all in all sorc always was my favorite class, but it has alot of cards stacked against it atm.

plz share opinions as im sure im not the only one that has never seen a DPS sorc in pvp for MONTHS...
Spoiler

GUN_GAME
05.16.2017 , 05:19 PM | #2
1) Sorc healers not fairly balanced, they OP and need a nerf. (Since patch 3.3 lol)
2) Sorc is pretty weak compaired to other dps specs in 4v4 ranked arenas, in 8v8 all classes and specs good (i feel very comfortable on my sorc dps in regs)
3) Yes sorc dps need some buffs, sorc healers need huge nerf.
This is my opinion from pvp side of that game.
Katrin'ka - DM

slukslaksla
05.17.2017 , 04:41 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by GUN_GAME View Post
1) Sorc healers not fairly balanced, they OP and need a nerf. (Since patch 3.3 lol)
2) Sorc is pretty weak compaired to other dps specs in 4v4 ranked arenas, in 8v8 all classes and specs good (i feel very comfortable on my sorc dps in regs)
3) Yes sorc dps need some buffs, sorc healers need huge nerf.
This is my opinion from pvp side of that game.
i agree
Spoiler

BraverDre
05.19.2017 , 08:55 AM | #4
Sorc/sage has the worst dps specs since 5.0 and it's not fun to play a broken class. The game forces a player to switch the class in order to complete the end game content. Devs need to change it and balance DPS.

slukslaksla
05.20.2017 , 03:23 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BraverDre View Post
Sorc/sage has the worst dps specs since 5.0 and it's not fun to play a broken class. The game forces a player to switch the class in order to complete the end game content. Devs need to change it and balance DPS.
as i said i literly seen ops KP (freaking kp lol) say NO SORCS ALOWED. i asked the guy why and he said "eh they got low dps" etc etc
Spoiler

BraverDre
05.21.2017 , 11:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by slukslaksla View Post
as i said i literly seen ops KP (freaking kp lol) say NO SORCS ALOWED. i asked the guy why and he said "eh they got low dps" etc etc
LoL it's sad that people say that and even worse that the guy who is responsible for balancing classes in the game is on "VACATION"

trabble
05.22.2017 , 01:41 AM | #7
raidlead is not interested in the sad feelings of sages / sorcs ; she/he is more interested in running trough operations without wipe and quick boss kills for the fun of the 7 other players.

nobody cares about those few sages that post here and want to tell us their dmg is good enough for hm but the reality is: every other class does MUCH more dmg then any sage and most raidleads prefer more dmg over too less dmg.
:

RTCBrad
05.22.2017 , 12:04 PM | #8
Signed.

I've mained a sorc/sage since beta, recently I've been playing my assassin instead as my main dps character and the difference is just night and day.

The sorc can barely crit 10-12k, assassin in very slightly better gear constantly crits 17k+, has better defenses, more survivability, moves across the map faster, there isn't a single thing that my sorc dps does as well as my assassin dps.

It needs a HUGE dps buff, the difference is actually astounding I can imagine the gulf is even worse between sorc and merc the amount of damage a merc can put out in pvp compared with a sorc is frankly absurd.
Click my referral link here for 7 days free sub time, 1 free server transfer and a bundle of cartel market unlocks!

Alssaran
05.23.2017 , 09:50 PM | #9
Signed.

I had a sage and sorcerer ever since early access, and I played one of them for most of each expansion. I have to point out they are only my secondary main after my guardian though.

Sages right now are just plain-out ridiculous. I can get by in a HM raid with my guild, but anything that even remotely drives into competitiveness is off the radar. Sorc damage is just so underperforming right now that any NiM operation for DPS sorcs is just straight off the table. We simply can't compete with the DPS checks and the other classes. You can, literally, just stack commandos/mercenaries and have much higher DPS numbers. The gap isn't all that small.

My 236 sage crits for ~14k damage on his TKB and Turbulence, whereas my 228 mercenary crits for way over 25k on his Heatseeker Missile with Tracer Missile debuff and relic proc. That damage disparity is just plainly ridiculous. I've seen HSM crit for ~35k in certain videos. That's nearly 1/3 of an average PvPers life. Yet, we Sages can't even hit the 24k mark if we combine Turbulence and TKB on an average day.

This is plainly ridiculous at this point.

slukslaksla
05.25.2017 , 04:18 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Alssaran View Post
Signed.

I had a sage and sorcerer ever since early access, and I played one of them for most of each expansion. I have to point out they are only my secondary main after my guardian though.

Sages right now are just plain-out ridiculous. I can get by in a HM raid with my guild, but anything that even remotely drives into competitiveness is off the radar. Sorc damage is just so underperforming right now that any NiM operation for DPS sorcs is just straight off the table. We simply can't compete with the DPS checks and the other classes. You can, literally, just stack commandos/mercenaries and have much higher DPS numbers. The gap isn't all that small.

My 236 sage crits for ~14k damage on his TKB and Turbulence, whereas my 228 mercenary crits for way over 25k on his Heatseeker Missile with Tracer Missile debuff and relic proc. That damage disparity is just plainly ridiculous. I've seen HSM crit for ~35k in certain videos. That's nearly 1/3 of an average PvPers life. Yet, we Sages can't even hit the 24k mark if we combine Turbulence and TKB on an average day.

This is plainly ridiculous at this point.
as said i had my 208 (old ranked geared) merc crit a 40k+ SEVERAL times on heatseekers ALONE during a MID TIER pvp match (my merc was 57 and didn't even have boltstorm or whatever yet xD)
Spoiler