Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Predictions for what will happen in the Next Expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Predictions for what will happen in the Next Expansion

devilkat
08.31.2017 , 04:41 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by MrNihulus View Post
With the traitor finally revealed as Theron Shan. I have a few additional ideas that might have motivated him to betray the Alliance:

1. Theron Shan is a triple agent. He wanted to infiltrate the mysterious order by proving his loyalty. The betrayal was all an act.
2. The Order is the remnants of the Revanites. Theron was secretly made as a Manchurian Agent by Revan during his interrogation. Unfortunately, Revan did not have the chance to use it on him. But someone may have known about it and used it on him.
3. The Order could also be the New Empire in the Ilum storyline With the use of Adegan crystals. Malgus's New Empire might still exist even if he is already dead.
The only problem with 2 is that Lana told us that he had training and implants to resist mind manipulation, so they wouldn't have been able to influence him that way. They could have done something to his implants, but he fried half of those on Ziost, so even if they had, chances are the corrupting data was wiped out. I'd lean more toward the Heralds being the baddies. They were a creepy bunch with aspirations for the complete destruction of the galaxy, and may see Valkorian's demise as a sign or something.
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"

MagnysDarksong
09.01.2017 , 11:25 AM | #32
I don't know about next expansion, but next story installment? I would wager that Theron is indeed a triple/quadruple/septuple agent. He got wind of this Order while they were seeking weak links in the alliance, or sliced his implants one, which would explain why he never tells you, because they're watching/listening.

As for the Order, my bet is on something to the tune of... Tenebrae/ Vitiate/ Valkorion saw his defeat as a small possibility, so put a failsafe in place to active in the event of his death. Force sensitives, possibly vitiate's servants and former children (scourge and kira throw in, as infiltrators to the order, maybe tipped theron off to the order?) Guarding the remains/uninhabited body of T/V/V, with orders to begin a series of tasks once his death was felt through the force. If he succeeded in taking control of the outlander, he could stop it all with a command (since that didnt seem to be his plan from the start), or if he failed, they would be his vengeance. Hence his comment at the end of Kotet there. Not saying he is or isnt dead and gone for good, but this order of whatever being activated with a single purpose, to destroy the alliance and the eternal fleet since T/V/V no longer controls them, as his final /rude to the outlander.

Edit: spelling.
The Darksong Legacy

MrNihulus
12.01.2017 , 09:18 AM | #33
Looks like one of my predictions came true:

Spoiler

I think the next planet that we will be returning to will probably be Nathema since it holds some of the Emperor's hidden artifacts if the fortress has somehow survived Vaylin's destruction.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revanů and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

Paulsutherland
12.01.2017 , 10:07 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by MrNihulus View Post
Looks like one of my predictions came true:

Spoiler

I think the next planet that we will be returning to will probably be Nathema since it holds some of the Emperor's hidden artifacts if the fortress has somehow survived Vaylin's destruction.
Look at the SWTOR map - then the cutscene with the starmap.

Spoiler

devilkat
12.01.2017 , 05:19 PM | #35
The King of the Crazy People returns....yay....Sorry, Prince of the Crazy People. The King got killed by Scorpio.....
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"