Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Easiest companion to level affection

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Easiest companion to level affection

Meradeces
05.15.2017 , 02:44 PM | #11
Well, you never do it from influence zero. I only do it once i am at level 70, myself, for the other extra perks - and from whatever level the companion was at, by the time I had got my second companion.

A stealther can run Esseless or Black Talon in under ten minutes. And, as I say, it's usually at least 3000 a run with Gift Of Persuasion, so it's basically more than one influence level, per run until the high 40s.

Semiramis
05.15.2017 , 02:46 PM | #12
The last clue is a fine one - but since last game update there are no isotopes and no cxp on veteran mode. Musco wrote, that its intended.

So for me it is:

# I give all comps level 1/2-present from vendor on the fleet until level 20
# Classic-Companions:
1 = Esseles/Black Talon (6000 influence with buffs from legacy) and influence-points from worldquests
2 = influence-points from worldquests + presents they LOVE
# Special PVP-companion: M-4X / Pierce 250/500 influence per loose/win-pvp-game
# Best-Role-Companions:
Tank: Melee (i.a. Qyzen and Dr. Lokin (!))
Healer: Z00M if possible, all classic-healers (Mako/Elara)
DPS: two-handed (Vette etc.)

= in summa 8+ comps (more not needed for conquest and crafting)

Best wishes!

Storm-Cutter
05.15.2017 , 03:07 PM | #13
If you do WZ and have Pierce or M1-4X, their affection ticks up slowly every WZ played. I got both to 50 without buying a single gift.

But Blizz seems to like the biggest variety of stuff.

Also scour the GTN often to catch any cheap gift listings. You'll get a feel for it pretty quick. Select companion gifts, Grade and Type and see what bargains are to be had.

Buy anything cheap and then search on the internet for the companion that loves that gift. -If you're level 70 and have done the last 2 expansions and have dozens of companions, one'll surely fit the bill. - Otherwise sell the cheap ones at a higher price and buy the ones you need.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

Meradeces
05.15.2017 , 03:12 PM | #14
Clearly, I haven't done this since the last update.

However, it is still worth considering during the influence 20-40 range, since it is easily more than one influence level, per run.

Only applies to first companions, and only before you do KOTFE, yourself, of course!

psandak
05.15.2017 , 06:43 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Meradeces View Post
Well, you never do it from influence zero. I only do it once i am at level 70, myself, for the other extra perks - and from whatever level the companion was at, by the time I had got my second companion.

A stealther can run Esseless or Black Talon in under ten minutes. And, as I say, it's usually at least 3000 a run with Gift Of Persuasion, so it's basically more than one influence level, per run until the high 40s.
So assuming the OP's situation - rank 10 influence - gotta run Ess/BT 20+ times to get to 30...OMG I would never want to do Ess/BT EVER again...heck I might not even ever want to play this game again /shudder.

But that's just me...I HATE "grinding" anything.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Djake
05.15.2017 , 07:55 PM | #16
10,000 credits each for purple tier 5 gifts, whichever one the character loves. Around 2.5 million from rank 1 to rank 40, then 40 to 50 is another 2.2 million or so. That's been the "easiest" way for me and works on all companions except the cartel droids or animals.
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots. I don't mean you, of course, dear reader, I mean those OTHER players. You know who I'm talking about. -- DamionSchubert

Vercundus
05.17.2017 , 02:23 AM | #17
At the moment of writing this, I've 22 level 50 companions and 10 between 40 and 49, so I'd say I know a thing or two about leveling them.

The most efficient way are grade 6 gifts. If you by any chance managed to get some for crystals back in 4.0, good, otherwise don't buy them from vendor, 250k is ridiculous price. I use alliance crates as a main source of gifts. I do buy from GTN only if price is too low, 50k and less per gift.

All other sources are secondary, including BT, specially now when then removed CXP for it.

Since I'm expecting the question - no, I do not grind heroics, I mostly play them for conquest anyway, so crates/gifts are added bonus.

In regard to Fallen Empire toons, I advise leveling non-main companions. I know there's that terminal but somehow I've feeling that whole business with companions is not the safest one right now and I almost expect something to go wrong. Not that it didn't in the past.

Bottom line - if you want high level companion you have to invest. Choose between credits and time, or do bit of both.
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

mrobviousinaz
06.02.2017 , 05:39 PM | #18
The cheapest companions to raise are the few that like or love courting gifts, since those are dirt cheap. Doc (Jedi Knight) loves Courting gifts.

rileycohen
06.03.2017 , 02:29 PM | #19
I leveled HK51 pretty easily through buying gifts from the jawas (scrap vendors)

Vercundus
06.08.2017 , 04:44 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by mrobviousinaz View Post
The cheapest companions to raise are the few that like or love courting gifts, since those are dirt cheap. Doc (Jedi Knight) loves Courting gifts.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but no one loves Courting gifts. Some companions, if romanced, should love them, but it's an old bug.

Currently best one for Courting gifts is Guss and he favorites them.

Just curious, why do you think courting works better then other gifts? Are they cheaper? Are they easier to obtain.
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs