Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Easiest companion to level affection

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Easiest companion to level affection

Martin
05.12.2017 , 07:01 AM | #1
I decided to level up biochem on one of my main toon (since my biochem crafter is still lvl 60, pub side, so it's getting hard to get mats). Problem is, my highest comp has like lvl 10 of influence.

So I was wondering, which companion is the easiest to level up (aka is there one in particular that favorite/love pretty much everything) ?

Nico Okar seems to be one that likes a lot of stuff, but I was wondering if someone might know for sure which is the easiest to level up

(Please don't tell me Pierce while doing PVP, since I want to go with the gift route)
<Nekawa> - Jedi Covenant

psandak
05.12.2017 , 08:38 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Martin View Post
I decided to level up biochem on one of my main toon (since my biochem crafter is still lvl 60, pub side, so it's getting hard to get mats). Problem is, my highest comp has like lvl 10 of influence.

So I was wondering, which companion is the easiest to level up (aka is there one in particular that favorite/love pretty much everything) ?

Nico Okar seems to be one that likes a lot of stuff, but I was wondering if someone might know for sure which is the easiest to level up

(Please don't tell me Pierce while doing PVP, since I want to go with the gift route)
There is no companion that "loves" a lot of different gift types.

Andronikos (Sith Inquisitor) if you romance him loves four types of gifts. BUT he is not a returning companion in the Eternal Throne story line (yet).

The next most is Z0-OM who loves three distinct gift types, BUT you acquire that companion through the "play as HK-55 chapter" so if you were not a continuous subscriber between Jan 2016 and Aug 2016 you do not have access to that companion.

The rest love one or two gift types.

That said, you can get any companion from rank 1 to rank 20 for about 92k credits using grade 1 gifts from the vendor on fleet (in the GTN quadrant outer ring). getting from 10 to 20 is the majority of that cost at roughly 78k. Now rank 10 - 20 is a very time consuming process as you have to give the companion 389 gifts and each gift takes 3 seconds to give so you are looking at roughly 20 minutes of gift giving per companion.

You can shorten that time though by spending more credits. There is a grade 5 gift vendor in the same place. To go from rank 10 to 20 will cost you 360k per companion but you only need to give 36 gifts...that's two minutes of gift giving.

You can always shorten the gift giving process by unlocking a legacy character perk for CC or credits, but this is a per character perk not account wide.

All this information and more can be located on dulfy.net
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Martin
05.12.2017 , 09:24 AM | #3
Well, thanks for the answer. From looking at the dulfy guide, it seems like Blizz is a interesting option as well. With 2 love option, but 7 favorites options.

Thing is, I have stacked all my comp gifts from command crates lately, not knowing if I should just sell them, or eventually use them. So I have a lot of different type of gifts.

I'll look into the Z0-OM companion.
<Nekawa> - Jedi Covenant

psandak
05.12.2017 , 10:37 AM | #4
Well, thanks for the answer. From looking at the dulfy guide, it seems like Blizz is a interesting option as well. With 2 love option, but 7 favorites options.

Thing is, I have stacked all my comp gifts from command crates lately, not knowing if I should just sell them, or eventually use them. So I have a lot of different type of gifts.

I'll look into the Z0-OM companion.
The difference in influence gain between like and love is 100% more from love (i.e. if a "like" gift grants 250 influence then a love gift will generate 500). Just saying that using gifts as "like" rather than "love" is not terribly optimal; you would probably be better served selling the gifts you get from those crates and using the proceeds to buy different gifts.

And again - just making sure you understand - if you were not a continuous subscriber from Jan 2016 through Aug 2016 you CANNOT get Z0-OM. If you were a continuous subscriber during that time then play through the HK-55 chapter and you get Z0-OM at the end.
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

saberscreen
05.12.2017 , 11:43 AM | #5
Bowdaar seems to like an awful lot of stuff.
I tried to be normal. That obviously drove me mad.

Martin
05.12.2017 , 12:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
The difference in influence gain between like and love is 100% more from love (i.e. if a "like" gift grants 250 influence then a love gift will generate 500). Just saying that using gifts as "like" rather than "love" is not terribly optimal; you would probably be better served selling the gifts you get from those crates and using the proceeds to buy different gifts.

And again - just making sure you understand - if you were not a continuous subscriber from Jan 2016 through Aug 2016 you CANNOT get Z0-OM. If you were a continuous subscriber during that time then play through the HK-55 chapter and you get Z0-OM at the end.

Well, there's Like, Favorite and Love. Most seems to have like 2-3 Favorite and 1-2 love. While Blizz has 7 favorite and 2 love.

And I do have access to Z0-OM. Just have to do the chapter. But on the dulfy guide Z0-0M seems to only Favorite 3 and Love 1.
<Nekawa> - Jedi Covenant

psandak
05.12.2017 , 12:18 PM | #7
Well, there's Like, Favorite and Love. Most seems to have like 2-3 Favorite and 1-2 love. While Blizz has 7 favorite and 2 love.

And I do have access to Z0-OM. Just have to do the chapter. But on the dulfy guide Z0-0M seems to only Favorite 3 and Love 1.
Maybe I misread. as to like vs love that's my bad I meant favorite vs love. My point was that the difference between the "levels of appreciation" is exponential not linear; you want to give your companions what they love if you can help it.

Balameb
05.12.2017 , 12:42 PM | #8
My suggestion if you want to maximize your stock of gifts, look first for the "top 5" grade 5 purple (*) you have stacked, then look at the dulfy guide to get 2 or 3 comps grouped and inclease influence on all. While you don't need all maxed at 50, having a couple over 20 is good.

(*) I belive that grade 5 purple is the best reference here. Lower are cheaper, but very time consuming and unless you have a LOT more of inferior ones, your stock value comes mostly from purple grade 5 and Gold 6. Grade 6 Gold are good to save time, but expensive, you can sell those in the GTN and get credits to buy several grade 10 purple. So you can increase 3 to 4 times the incluence (average sale for me) than by using gold directly.

Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
you want to give your companions what they love if you can help it.
Totally agree. A gift spend on Like or Favorite seems a little wasted. More so if one has multiple toons and most likely other comp can benefit more from those if they Love it.

Meradeces
05.15.2017 , 02:18 PM | #9
Of course, you can always level your first companion to influence 50 by running and rerunning Esseless or Black Talon with them and keeping a crib sheet of which answers they approve of, or (where no approval can be had) disapprove of.

I always drop my first companion, as soon as I get my second, for this reason. Once you get to level 70 you can resume using them run that first Flash point in group mode and get 2 Isotopes around 3000 influence, and a tonne of CXP, per run.

psandak
05.15.2017 , 02:30 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Meradeces View Post
Of course, you can always level your first companion to influence 50 by running and rerunning Esseless or Black Talon with them and keeping a crib sheet of which answers they approve of, or (where no approval can be had) disapprove of.

I always drop my first companion, as soon as I get my second, for this reason. Once you get to level 70 you can resume using them run that first Flash point in group mode and get 2 Isotopes around 3000 influence, and a tonne of CXP, per run.
how many times do you have to run Ess/BT to get a comp from 0 to 50? I can only imagine.../shudder