Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Key

hocduong
12.27.2011 , 03:15 PM | #1
Hi, I've recently linked my account to a physical security key but now I see that the application has come out for Android phones and want to link it to a phone key instead. I called customer service and they said that couldn't be done but they're looking to implement a feature where you can have 2 keys linked to an account (so I can have both my physical or phone one); does anyone have any idea when that will be done? The CSR agent did not get into any specifics.

Aieny
12.27.2011 , 03:17 PM | #2
I've yet to hear anything about allowing multiple keys on a single account....that would defeat the purpose of having the security key in the first place if a hacker could place on of their own on the account.

The only way to change from a physical key to a mobile key is to have Customer Service remove the key from your account. Any customer service representative who tells you they cannot do that is wrong, and you should ask to speak to a supervisor and inform them of the representative's lack of knowledge concerning security keys.

hocduong
12.27.2011 , 06:09 PM | #3
Thanks for the info, that's exactly what he told me. That at this time, it was impossible to remove the physical key to replace it with the mobile one.

He said he can remove the physical one but I only had the option of relinking the same physical one and that if I were to register the mobile one, my account would be locked.