Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New trend in response to 50s PUBSTOMPER premades

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
New trend in response to 50s PUBSTOMPER premades

Knifewrench
12.27.2011 , 07:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Parckie View Post
so your saying the more organized better team shouldnt win?

IF you cant compete , then stop queing or get better.
Sadly, I don't see anyone complying with this anytime soon even without the gear discrepancy. Pretty much the reason for brackets.
War Hero with a bounty on him by his own faction. Aren't I popular.

NoxiousAlby
12.27.2011 , 07:16 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Battousaien View Post
I'm quite sure they will add brackets for lvl 50 in the near future. But right now there's not that many lvl 50's. And if they had thier own bracket right now, they would have very, very long queues.

Once more people start hitting 50 I'm sure there will be brackets. Just chill.
So we appease the 50's for now because they power leveled and skipped most of the games content. Let them roflstomp every other player ruining their gaming experience until there is more of them?

I say bugger that, seperate warzone brackets now. If some players took advantage of an xp glitch or power leveled their toons thats their problem, why inflict it on everyone else.

ForceWelder
12.27.2011 , 07:16 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
Yeah, I totally claimed to have solved the problem, right? No...

I acknowledged that it is frustrating and I am all for changes to make the situation better, I was merely saying that the best way to work towards overcoming the issue was to find people to queue with.

Take your drama and hyperbole elsewhere...

"YA SO THEN THAT ONE GUY WHO QUIT PLAYING BECAUSE OF PREMADES WAS TOTALLY BORED ONE DAY SO HE WENT TO A FRIENDS HOUSE AND HIS FRIEND WAS SMOKING CRACK AND HE GOT ADDICTED AND NOW HE PIMPS OUT HIS WIFE AND DAUGHTER TO AND GIVES HANDY'S DOWN AT THE LOCAL TRUCKSTOP TO SUPPORT HIS HABIT.

THIS WAS ALL DUE TO BIOWARE NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT PREMADES."

Think about the wives and children, Bioware.
I think you are completely overlooking the issue.

Get in a group? Well first you have to get in a guild whose members play the same time you do.

Then you have to level to get to 50. But because certain groups were fortunate enough to level quickly they have a huge advantage over those not so fortunate. So your response to those less "lucky" than yourself is to find a team?

Finding a team doesn't help fix the huge playing gap between levels. You want to see how fun it can be, pug out on some matches and see how fun it is. The PUG team is going to be slaughtered. It is just that simple. They face far to many disadvantages to even hope to win.

I have seen more than once a tank walk a ball across the finish line in huttball (not sprint ... walk) with +4 players doing everything they can to kill him and his health bar not even go down.

Your response will be, what can't they stun? Not if they don't have the skill yet or the level and even if they do stun what good does it do? To stop this player you have to kill him or her and you just aren't going to do it unless you have multiple players of equal level slugging away at him / her. Having 4 players under 40 trying to do this is a complete waste of time. Might as well go to the center and wait for the ball to respawn.
A member of Squadrons 1020 & 367.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Warsouls
12.27.2011 , 07:33 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
Yeah, I totally claimed to have solved the problem, right? No...

I acknowledged that it is frustrating and I am all for changes to make the situation better, I was merely saying that the best way to work towards overcoming the issue was to find people to queue with.

Take your drama and hyperbole elsewhere...

"YA SO THEN THAT ONE GUY WHO QUIT PLAYING BECAUSE OF PREMADES WAS TOTALLY BORED ONE DAY SO HE WENT TO A FRIENDS HOUSE AND HIS FRIEND WAS SMOKING CRACK AND HE GOT ADDICTED AND NOW HE PIMPS OUT HIS WIFE AND DAUGHTER TO AND GIVES HANDY'S DOWN AT THE LOCAL TRUCKSTOP TO SUPPORT HIS HABIT.

THIS WAS ALL DUE TO BIOWARE NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT PREMADES."

Think about the wives and children, Bioware.
Actually all you did was be a douche like every other premade douche

Durasturan
12.27.2011 , 07:35 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ForceWelder View Post

Get in a group? Well first you have to get in a guild whose members play the same time you do.

Then you have to level to get to 50. But because certain groups were fortunate enough to level quickly they have a huge advantage over those not so fortunate. So your response to those less "lucky" than yourself is to find a team?

Finding a team doesn't help fix the huge playing gap between levels. You want to see how fun it can be, pug out on some matches and see how fun it is. The PUG team is going to be slaughtered. It is just that simple. They face far to many disadvantages to even hope to win.

I have seen more than once a tank walk a ball across the finish line in huttball (not sprint ... walk) with +4 players doing everything they can to kill him and his health bar not even go down.

Your response will be, what can't they stun? Not if they don't have the skill yet or the level and even if they do stun what good does it do? To stop this player you have to kill him or her and you just aren't going to do it unless you have multiple players of equal level slugging away at him / her. Having 4 players under 40 trying to do this is a complete waste of time. Might as well go to the center and wait for the ball to respawn.
this is the craziest hyperbole I have every seen "GET IN A GROUP? I'M CLEARLY CRAZY AND CAN'T MAKE ANY FRIENDS RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR" Honestly dude, you dont have to be in a guild you just need to make a couple of friends, do you honestly not know a SINGLE person IRL that plays this game? Make a couple of in game friends group up, and try and enjoy yourself, also, play more and get better. I'm level 25 and can normally beat a level 50. Just. Play. More. Also, quit being so crazy and make some friends.

misfitor
12.27.2011 , 07:38 PM | #26
I'm one of 3 (maybe 4 now?) 50's on my server. But the *only* one that actively pvp's. When I queue, I have a group ofr 4-6 people that are all between 19-36.

We don't have vent. Only ops chat/party chat. We understand how the game runs and we have strats for a number of different scenarios pre-set.

Just because a lvl 50 or group of level 50's are in a huttball match together does not mean they will win! It's a matter of team effort and strategy. You get 3 to 4 people that understand the game and how it's played and you can run the map no matter what level you are.

PVP gear certainly helps - But it's not the *LEVEL* of the player that's ruling the game. It's the ammount of coordination between the players that does it.

Edit: Should also note that the people I queue with I met entirely *IN* random solo-queued huttball matches. We all realized that we played well together and got *&^@ done so we just started grouping together so that we didn't have to go back and forth eating each other alive randomly. Though...sometimes it is fun to destroy a friend in a cross-match >.<

jmonj
12.27.2011 , 07:50 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by NoxiousAlby View Post
So we appease the 50's for now because they power leveled and skipped most of the games content. Let them roflstomp every other player ruining their gaming experience until there is more of them?

I say bugger that, seperate warzone brackets now. If some players took advantage of an xp glitch or power leveled their toons thats their problem, why inflict it on everyone else.
Powerleveling or exploiting isn't even needed to be 50 by now, Sure you would have had to play a lot, but get off your high horse, plenty of people are 50 even with doing all of the game content and watching all the dialog.

It wouldn't matter if your 50 or 10 if you run into a good premade you get rolled. The only reason people feel like this is a problem is most of the people who are 50 are good players or at worst average but know how to communicate and work as a team, a good portion of lower level players are bad, and I don't mean that they don't know their class, not knowing how to throw the huttball or attack or defend, or fight on capture points.

Long story short, Learn to play, or tell the other people on your team to learn to play, it is not hard.

Asurai
12.27.2011 , 07:52 PM | #28
Im on a pvp server on the republic side and every pvp match the opposing team has several 50s while our has almost none in every game (mostly 20s and most of time <20s)

Quesa
12.27.2011 , 08:02 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Wow. Look at the tears flow. Gotta say props to the level 50s out there. Good job at weeding out the weak...
Naive and infantile wrapped up into one post, I applaud you, sir.

Killadrix
12.27.2011 , 08:22 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ForceWelder View Post

Telling me to pug some matches?

I grinded out Warzones from 10 to 28.

You know what I did? When I saw people in the WZ's playing well, I asked them if they wanted to group up. After 4-5 games we had 2-4 people. After a few days I had 6-7 people on my friends list so when I logged in I could see if they wanted to do WZ's.

I'm sorry, but the sob story about it being hard to form groups and the requirement of joining a guild blah blah blah holds no water.