Can we get a Khem Val romance please??

I just want my beloved Khem to be back and that we are now able to start a (bisexual) romance, i would dump Lana 10 times for him, i never actually wanted to romance Ashara, she's a *******, but Khem :rak_grin::rak_grin: oh my god, i even rejected Ak'ghal usar so that Khem won't get jealous. I beg you, BioWare! BRING KHEM BACK! and make him romanceable pls!!! Edited by Cocacolemacgrath

I hate to break it to you (really; I too love the character), but Khem is never, ever coming back. It's for the same reason that Darth Jadus is never coming back: it would require the dev team to declare a particular story branch canon, which they refuse to do.

Unfortunately, BioWare kind of painted themselves into a corner when they decided to provide individualized content for each character class in the base game and then concentrate on only shared content in subsequent updates. It means that any choice that was left up to the player can never have more than a cosmetic impact on the story. Anything more would further piss off the already irritable fanbase.

I hate to break it to you (really; I too love the character), but Khem is never, ever coming back. It's for the same reason that Darth Jadus is never coming back: it would require the dev team to declare a particular story branch canon, which they refuse to do.

Unfortunately, BioWare kind of painted themselves into a corner when they decided to provide individualized content for each character class in the base game and then concentrate on only shared content in subsequent updates. It means that any choice that was left up to the player can never have more than a cosmetic impact on the story. Anything more would further piss off the already irritable fanbase.

You have not yet played The Iokath story have you...

At the end of the story, Lana specifically mentions Darth Jadus as a potential suspect in causing the war over Iokath.

I'll believe he's coming back when I see him. If he actually shows up, any non-Agent is going to have to be introduced to him. And whether he's introduced as a wanted terrorist, an escaped prisoner, or the former primus inter pares of the Dark Council is going to canonize one branch of the Agent's story.

Getting Khem Val back doesn't require much. Just bring him back as Zash for everyone.

Then for the Inquisitor's who didn't keep Zash in Khem, they can easily mention how Khem ended up needing her help when the Inquisitor disappeared and there was only one thing Khem could do to get it.

For all other's Zash in control and not much needs to be done with it.

That would probably be the worst possible solution, since it seems that the overwhelming majority of Inquisitor players pick Khem over Zash.

The outcry that would erupt over most players having their choice overruled by dev team fiat that way is exactly why characters like Khem, Jadus, Tormen, etc., have not reappeared before now.

Also, it would be more complicated to implement, since they would have to get Zash's VA back, whereas if Khem is in control they can just reuse the sound files of his alien gibberish from the original content.

Edited by J_Craver

they already use the same gibberish for akghal usar as what Khem speaks.

Whats interesting is when my inquisitor went to get akghal, there is a part in which you fight--I had khem as my comp <from the terminal>, so..... my inquis sat back and watched. :-)/ Amd my inquis kept khem and not zash.

And no, I would not want to romance Khem.

Now Scourge on the other hand.... he'd be great, espec for SWs BRING BACK SCOURGE!!!!

and now that V's bit the dust, do some handwaving and make him romancable....

they already use the same gibberish for akghal usar as what Khem speaks. .

The thing is, Ak'ghal uses different words and says different things when i talk to him with my JK, i don't know if it's the same for Inquisitors, but at least that doesn't mean he's a complete rehash of Khem, he even has a completely different character, while Khem loves working with sith, Ak'ghal mostly hates the sith (specifically Vitiate and Exar Kun so...yeah)

I would love to see Jadus come back in some way, or something related to the Star Cabal, but maybe BioWare is just putting those mentions just to please Agent players and continuing with their "new and original" story on Iokath, since they only mention that when you are the Agent.

And no, I would not want to romance Khem.

Oh, but why would you NOT want to romance him? :rak_grin:

They may bring him back for the inquisitors only, so as not to have to try and explain that bond away. I think they didn't think through the bring all the class companions back for everyone thing, it is a bit much in the companions numbers even if you kill some you still have a ton of them. And yes I keep Khem on my inquisitors and always will, don't trust Zash and never will. And no I do not want to romance him.

Well, I mean, I personally don't, but I can see how others might. He's a more interesting character than the Inquisitor's actual romanceable companions (the generic gruff criminal and the whiny Light Sider). And his relationship with the Inquisitor has an arc to it (where he starts out hating them and grows to grudgingly respect and even like them as he gets to know them) that's straight out of a romance movie.

But, why do you WANT to romance him? :confused:

Aww, I swoon every time he calls my SI "little Sith." He's protective and once he stops threatening to eat her, I don't know, they're kind of adorable.

I'm okay with settling for Andronikos, though. I'm sure everyone knows Khem is #1 in Little Sith's heart; that's what matters.

My aspergers is flaring so hard in this thread right now I can't even understand what's happening in here. He's like a ****** with teeth. Or a heart with legs. Or like if your sternum came to life. :confused:

What's weird is just searching "Khem Val" images brings up a bunch of really .... interesting.... things.. . ***. I'm done.

My aspergers is flaring so hard in this thread right now I can't even understand what's happening in here. He's like a ****** with teeth. Or a heart with legs. Or like if your sternum came to life. :confused:

What's weird is just searching "Khem Val" images brings up a bunch of really .... interesting.... things.. . ***. I'm done.

Did you know, a few years ago there were these blogs about Khem Val being the man to turn to for romance advice in game?

it's not unsurprising that some have taken that far beyond the context :p