Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flash Point finder.

Skann
01.20.2012 , 02:42 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Nitewolfe View Post
As a FYI a more recent post from DamionSchubert has stated that a lfg system is in the works right now. For now it will be single server and they will watch how it goes.

Improving our LFG system is high on the list of features that Systems Design wants to add to the game. We want this to be good not just for helping people find Flashpoints and Operations to run, but also other multiplayer content like heroic missions. A key emphasis will be on advertising for specific role needs (healer, tank, DPS). This feature is currently in the design stage, and once this feature has moved beyond this to a development stage and has a firm ETA, I'll be coming back to you guys to give more details.
Design Phase being the operative word. That's usually months away from a final tested product. That's because you are relying on existing technology (Warzone queuing system).

Cross-realm support is an entire different beast that Bioware clearly doesn't have. It requires several backend components meant for high-capacity traffic. It requires you to group realms in large aggregations (that's WoW Battlegroups). It's a lot of technology that takes huge amount of effort. If they aren't even considering it right now, it's likely a year or more away.

Zitori
01.22.2012 , 10:03 PM | #22
I spam the channels a few times, and then I feel guilty about it and move on. In a few hours, the Flashpoint grays out for me and I abandon it. I can finish almost 3 PVP Warzones in half-an-hour, or turn-in 5 quests, so why should I stand around waiting for a group?

What is the point of Bioware working hard to design content if people cannot experience it? Folks skipping on content will not be able to appreciate the game, and some of them will eventually leave.

Wow's DungeonFinder was designed to solve this problem. It may be disliked by many, but it is really one of the many smart features in Wow. Wow is what it is despite it's content, because it has solved the MMO design problem effectively. For folks who say "This will ruin the Community", I feel there will no Community left to ruin, if Bioware does not implement this feature within the next few months.

Johnholliday
01.22.2012 , 10:06 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Bethilac View Post
No flashpoint finder thing ... it ruins Server community its just for spoiled brads
My name is brad and I take offense to that

Breeti
01.22.2012 , 10:16 PM | #24
LFG tools are the Devil...the Devil is say..nothing good will come of them! I hates them! Don't put them in!

(My new theory is that if people join the side that is against these tools then they will be added by the way.)
Have they fixed Ability Delay?

Dxkrooked
01.22.2012 , 11:02 PM | #25
lol server community, such a joke. If if they implement a server only LFG tool it wouldn't do anything to the community, general will still be full or trolls asking "IS THIS EPISODE 1 OR EPISODE 2".