Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flash Point finder.

Kagek
12.27.2011 , 06:05 PM | #11
Personally I think he just provided a random excuse as to why it won't be put in any time soon while the real reason is that they're too busy fixing bugs/putting other things in.

Really don't see how people spamming lfg in /1 encourages more social interaction. The only time I've seen any interaction about that was when one guy was doing that and another guy replied that he tried the related heroic earlier and it was bugged.

Rypht
12.27.2011 , 07:16 PM | #12
I've spent the last two nights looking for a boarding party flashpoint group. Nothing like being forced to stand around imperial fleet, spamming /1, and otherwise not being able to play the game because you'll never find a flashpoint group if you are on a planet doing something.

You never see people making friends and developing bonds, while waiting in line at the DMV, it's not gonna happen in star wars either.

You know what you get when you reduce someone's game down to a chat window when they want to be doing something else? Trolls. If they expand someone's game so they can chat while doing something else, that's when you get community.

Either they add a galaxy wide lfg channel/system, or a finder or whatever, but this seems to be the biggest failing of this game so far.

Mobeusbill
12.27.2011 , 11:43 PM | #13
The point that I touched on that a lot of people are missing is the fact that some of us are missing out on the content, because people are either not doing the content that we would like to do, or they're not using the LFG system at all. And I'm not sure what its like on your servers, but on mine, very very few people actually use the LFG system. Sure I could spam in general about it, and get put on ignore for it. So its kind of a no win situation here as far as that goes.

Mythadryl
12.28.2011 , 12:15 AM | #14
On my server someone created a channel called ULFG for people to use when not on the fleet to find groups. The channel has been a huge success and has a large portion of the server using it to find groups.

mguidry
12.28.2011 , 12:21 AM | #15
Honestly I think a server wide LFG channel would do just fine atm. That way groups can get together without everyone having to congregate at the space station.

Jemzz
12.28.2011 , 01:08 AM | #16
Flashpoint Finder should be added because lets face it, People have **** to do and i just love sitting at my fleet for 30 odd minutes spamming /1 just to find out that no one is doing the ones im looking for. But because everyone seems to be against this idea for the sake of the "Community" let me tell you im on a full server half time and the community is dead i get more conversation out of the random droid that walks by and greets me. But to keep everyone happy perhaps something should be added like a debuff from using the Flashpoint Finder like you gain 10% less exp where as those use normal means IE not the flashpoint finder gain 10% more exp. Hell i don't know im just tired of sitting there with my thumb up my *** waiting for a freaken group that never comes.

DarkTapsa
12.28.2011 , 02:33 AM | #17
I just want one channel devoted for LFG. Seems simple enough.

whotookmynamee
01.20.2012 , 01:36 PM | #18
dps lfg MR or cad, please help me earn my community points

I feel so much closer to you all now.

Skann
01.20.2012 , 01:43 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Jemzz View Post
Flashpoint Finder should be added because lets face it, People have **** to do and i just love sitting at my fleet for 30 odd minutes spamming /1 just to find out that no one is doing the ones im looking for. But because everyone seems to be against this idea for the sake of the "Community" let me tell you im on a full server half time and the community is dead i get more conversation out of the random droid that walks by and greets me. But to keep everyone happy perhaps something should be added like a debuff from using the Flashpoint Finder like you gain 10% less exp where as those use normal means IE not the flashpoint finder gain 10% more exp. Hell i don't know im just tired of sitting there with my thumb up my *** waiting for a freaken group that never comes.
Deal with it. That's community building according to Bioware. Encouraging people to play the game whenever they want (or have free time) is "baaad" and breed "jerks" that don't like to play with "baddies".

You are meant to build social ties using a primitive IRC interface from the 80s (good god, how absurd is that). Then, based on how "popular" you are, you will be granted access to more casual (Flashpoints) content.

Amazing. I would like to give the SWTOR Products team an award: The Tunnelvision Award on how to not make a successful MMO by catering to a vocal minority of their player base.

Nitewolfe
01.20.2012 , 02:34 PM | #20
As a FYI a more recent post from DamionSchubert has stated that a lfg system is in the works right now. For now it will be single server and they will watch how it goes.

Improving our LFG system is high on the list of features that Systems Design wants to add to the game. We want this to be good not just for helping people find Flashpoints and Operations to run, but also other multiplayer content like heroic missions. A key emphasis will be on advertising for specific role needs (healer, tank, DPS). This feature is currently in the design stage, and once this feature has moved beyond this to a development stage and has a firm ETA, I'll be coming back to you guys to give more details.