Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

hacking again in ranked.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
hacking again in ranked.

Exkrux
04.29.2017 , 10:44 PM | #1
hackers again in ranked. put tickets in a lot, why is nothing be done about it? again. Even if you ban them at the nd of the season or take away their rating. It is hurting my rating now! it is effecting my end result regardless of what you do to them after evertying is over
May the Force be with you. Always.

Soljin
04.30.2017 , 08:51 PM | #2
They don't seem to have the resources to deploy any type of real time enforcement in this game, which is really the only way to stop the win-trading and hacksploiters...

They would need an easy reporting method (one button press with quick message) with active Bioware GM's that could respond in-game and actually observe and remove people from a match and deliver a ban... The word would get out quick and that alone would decrease the exploits...

At this point there are very few servers (Probably should be even fewer servers) so this is a feasible enforcement method...

Right now people do it because they know they will get away with it for a ridiculously long time before being held accountable, if they are in fact held accountable at all.
I want my SWG...
#Remove RnG
Refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rqkzQz

Icykill_
05.01.2017 , 01:04 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Soljin View Post
They don't seem to have the resources to deploy any type of real time enforcement in this game, which is really the only way to stop the win-trading and hacksploiters...

They would need an easy reporting method (one button press with quick message) with active Bioware GM's that could respond in-game and actually observe and remove people from a match and deliver a ban... The word would get out quick and that alone would decrease the exploits...

At this point there are very few servers (Probably should be even fewer servers) so this is a feasible enforcement method...

Right now people do it because they know they will get away with it for a ridiculously long time before being held accountable, if they are in fact held accountable at all.
I've been saying that for 5 years. They just don't give a damn. Even if they just had a better deterrent than a slap on the wrist and made sure everyone knew what the punishment was. 24 hour bans for first, second, third offence is ridiculous.. then it's multiple 3 day bans, then weeks then months, then 12 months. It can take 3-6 months before they get the 12 month ban. They never permanently ban an account. Eric admitted as much in an interview.

It's an easy fix. Get caught cheating and you get your account cancelled as in perma ban. Every other game I've ever played does that. Sure people still cheated, but if they got caught you knew they got banned for it and it made you not care as much if they cheated. You knew they'd get banned when you reported them.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Bwleonseven
05.01.2017 , 02:04 AM | #4
I love how they are willing to let dozens of others leave the game and never return just to keep one hacker playing. It makes no sense if you want your company to make a profit.

Alex_York
05.01.2017 , 04:55 AM | #5
They banned some people I reported, but it's only character wise. They should ban Mac-addresses
Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.

Soljin
05.01.2017 , 07:31 AM | #6
If you are cheating it should be a permanent account ban straight up first offense. I can see a 3 day ban for being rude or something at that level but a willful act of cheating, BANNED account for life.

Like was said above it makes no sense to let a hacker or Win trader back in the game to keep that revenue when you likely are losing exponentially more revenue by others leaving the game in frustration because you did let them go right back to cheating or hacking...and they will, be sure of that.

It's the same old story with this game/EAware... they just don't believe in the "it takes money to make money" theory...They have taken the invest as little as possible and try to refine monetization path, clearly!

To put it simply... They are cheap! and that's why they cannot stop the cheating and Hacking...It is NOT because they can't...It IS because they have chosen not to invest the funds to stop it.
I want my SWG...
#Remove RnG
Refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rqkzQz

yellow_
05.01.2017 , 09:11 AM | #7
bioware needs to nip this in the bud by changing arena mechanics such that getting out of the map doesn't actually win rounds (take your pick on how to achieve this). players like he who must not be named are neurotically determined to garner attention by ruining solos and will not be stopped by bans - that should be extremely obvious by now

acid is a notoriously lame tiebreaker anyway

Icykill_
05.01.2017 , 06:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Alex_York View Post
They banned some people I reported, but it's only character wise. They should ban Mac-addresses
And how long was the ban for ?
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

Icykill_
05.01.2017 , 06:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
bioware needs to nip this in the bud by changing arena mechanics such that getting out of the map doesn't actually win rounds (take your pick on how to achieve this). players like he who must not be named are neurotically determined to garner attention by ruining solos and will not be stopped by bans - that should be extremely obvious by now

acid is a notoriously lame tiebreaker anyway
It's not just ranked.. they do it regs too
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

VIZIOO
05.01.2017 , 10:03 PM | #10
Omg, went this game is gonna learn from World of Warcraft..its beyond me