Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best tree for leveling?

Alexcinq
12.27.2011 , 02:47 PM | #1
whats the best tree to use to help level your char, I am purly talking about leveling your char not endgame or PvP.

any help would be great

lockindal
12.27.2011 , 03:28 PM | #2
corruption or lightning until lvl 29~
then go 2/2/16

from there do w/e

Skuldar
12.28.2011 , 08:34 AM | #3
Starting out, I placed points to reduce the heal cast time (Dark Mending) so I could heal Khem better and be an okay group healer early on, increase my base Force (Reserves), and lower Force costs (Electric Induction).

After that, I had two good options: work toward Chain Lightning in the Lightning tree or work toward Madness in the Madness tree to remove the cooldown from Force Lightning. One way gives you an AoE to use against weak/standard groups, the other makes a great filler out of an already good skill.

Razzrove
12.28.2011 , 08:54 AM | #4
Could someone maybe post their talent tree build please? I'm in the same boat now at level 26 I am thinking of switching from Madness to Lightning but I'd love to hear and see what other sorcs think about what a good leveling spec would be.
-Razz

captainmerkin
12.28.2011 , 10:11 AM | #5
Madness or Lightening are both fine for levelling at low levels, Im only 24 but have tried with both and settled with madness, though need to go over some of its holes later.
"Ninjaprints"
"Comic Book Art"

hardicon
12.28.2011 , 10:21 AM | #6
this is my build that i am gonna use

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...ef15ef17efe2f2

so far at level 27, only in the lightning tree, leveling is pretty easy, i never run out of force. i have chain lightning, lightning effusion is where im at on the tree. will pick up static barrier over the next two levels to get the 30 pt talent. so far im really enjoying it, instant cast chain lightning is very good imo.

i heard the madness tree is pretty good also, but havent dabbled in that yet.

Razzrove
12.28.2011 , 11:59 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by hardicon View Post
this is my build that i am gonna use

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...ef15ef17efe2f2

so far at level 27, only in the lightning tree, leveling is pretty easy, i never run out of force. i have chain lightning, lightning effusion is where im at on the tree. will pick up static barrier over the next two levels to get the 30 pt talent. so far im really enjoying it, instant cast chain lightning is very good imo.

i heard the madness tree is pretty good also, but havent dabbled in that yet.
I'm going try this build out.

hardicon
12.28.2011 , 12:03 PM | #8
its a good build, so far im enjoying it. there is also a hybrid lightning/madness build im gonna try out eventually but so far for leveling that lightning build has been very good.

DaloThorn
12.28.2011 , 01:06 PM | #9
I did lightning until 30ish and it was fine, but I started to find it a little more problematic in my early 30's. Switched to madness and haven't looked back. It's amazing.

But honestly, I don't think you can go wrong.

winterforge
12.28.2011 , 01:13 PM | #10
I would say the Madness build posted in the sticky Codex is the best for leveling. Works very, very well. 31 Madness, 7 Lightning, 3 Corruption. Just make sure to pick up Electric Induction and Reserves in the Lightning tree first, then go all out Madness.