How do I start the Ilum Questline after Class Story?

Signalights

I'm a new player on my first character, a Trooper that just finished the end of chapter 3 of my class quests on Corellia. I'm trying really hard to make sure I do everything in the right order so I can get the most out of the story, but I am finding out this is kind of confusing with all of the expansion content, and you have to be careful not to skip ahead accidentally.

Anyway, after I was all done on Corellia I went back to my ship and finished up the last of my companion quests that were available. Then my mission log was just empty. I have the mission console on my ship that offers quests, but they are all for later expansions and display spoiler warnings for content I know I haven't completed yet. I remember in the last conversation I had with General Garza, she said for me to wait for a holo transmission with new instructions, but I haven't gotten it yet. Does it just take some time for it to show up, or am I missing something?

After researching online, it looks like I should go to Ilum next, and I do vaguely remember Garza mentioning something about trouble brewing on that planet in final cutscene of my class story, but I still don't have a quest to go there. Am I supposed to manually pick it up somewhere myself, or what? I really hope this isn't bugged, and I'm afraid to go to Ilum and try to start any quests there in case I am not supposed to yet.

There should have been another mission that appeared in your quest log, I think it's called Final somethingorother, and it directs you to talk to someone on the fleet to start that questline. If you don't have the mission, check your mission log in case you hid it by mistake. Other than that, check the fleet for some purple quest markers and see if it turns up there.

There should have been another mission that appeared in your quest log, I think it's called Final somethingorother, and it directs you to talk to someone on the fleet to start that questline. If you don't have the mission, check your mission log in case you hid it by mistake. Other than that, check the fleet for some purple quest markers and see if it turns up there.

I found out by looking around online for information, the quest is called Crystal Ball for Republic players (First Strike for Imperials), and is supposed to be given automatically after completing your chapter 3 storyline. This is the quest that is needed to start the planet storyline on Ilum. Well, I know for a fact I did not receive this quest in my mission log after finishing Battle of Corellia. It's just not there, not hidden either, and I did not delete it. I just never received it for some reason.

Can anyone who actually remembers this quest tell me when exactly they received it? Does it happening instantaneously or is there a certain amount of time I am supposed to wait before it shows up? Or do I need to go ahead and try submitting a help ticket? I hate to do that if it turns out I am just doing something wrong.

All I know is I finished the last part of my chapter 3 class quest and teleported directly to my ship via the galaxy map from Coruscant right after the final convo with Garza, so I could finish the last companion quests on the ship. After that I flew in my ship to the fleet, where I looked around for new quests and didn't find any there.

I have not actually tried going to Ilum itself yet, but I don't see the point of doing that if I am missing the starter quest for that planet I am already supposed to have before actually going there, and I don't want to make the problem worse by jumping ahead.

Edited by Signalights

Try looking on your ship's mission terminal (it's in the main hold of the trooper's ship, right between the stairwell to the bridge and the stairs to the exit)?

Yeah I tried that, and it only offers quests for subsequent expansions with spoiler warnings on them, so I'm not taking any of them yet. And none of them are for Ilum. Maybe if I go back to Coruscant and try boarding my ship from the Trooper hanger on the planet's spaceport instead of teleporting to it via the galaxy map, I haven't tried that yet.

What I really need to know is if the quest instantly appears in your mission log right after the last cutscene from chapter 3 is over on Coruscant, or if it shows up at some later point by itself.

Yeah I tried that, and it only offers quests for subsequent expansions with spoiler warnings on them, so I'm not taking any of them yet. And none of them are for Ilum. Maybe if I go back to Coruscant and try boarding my ship from the Trooper hanger on the planet's spaceport instead of teleporting to it via the galaxy map, I haven't tried that yet.

What I really need to know is if the quest instantly appears in your mission log right after the last cutscene from chapter 3 is over on Coruscant, or if it shows up at some later point by itself.

I had thought it appeared automatically, telling you to go to fleet, and then once you travel to fleet it tells you to speak with an NPC. (Impside it's an astromech droid, but Pubside I think it's a Twi'lek, though it's been a while since I've done it so I don't remember for sure.)

I had thought it appeared automatically, telling you to go to fleet, and then once you travel to fleet it tells you to speak with an NPC. (Impside it's an astromech droid, but Pubside I think it's a Twi'lek, though it's been a while since I've done it so I don't remember for sure.)

I think you're right based on what I have read about it. So I think I am just screwed. I can't think of anything I did wrong that would bug out the quest. I will have to play around with it some more and if I can't figure it out then I guess I will have to submit a help ticket, unfortunately.

I have seen some other posts by people who had problems with not being able to reacquire this quest after they had deleted it by accident, or because they thought they could get it back later and were wrong, but I am 100% sure that I just never got the quest in the first place.

Ok I feel really stupid but luckily I figured out what happened before I went through the trouble of submitting a help request. I somehow had already gotten the Ilum questline and completed it before I had finished my class storyline, and had forgotten what planet that had happened on.

I only found this out because I went on Youtube and started watching video playthroughs of the Ilum questline to see what I would be missing if it turned out I couldn't get it done for myself, and it started looking really familiar, and I remember killing Darth Malgus in the flashpoint, which is apparently the end of that questline.

So...I guess I can move on. I just got confused because after I did complete my class quests I didn't know what to do next, and everything online tells me to do Ilum next, which is started by Crystal Ball, which you are supposed to get automatically after the end of chapter 3. But somehow I guess that quest was already available to me when I first got to the fleet right after chapter 1, and I went ahead and completed it not knowing it was meant for a later time.

I really wish they could make it so you can't get any quests out of order, or do something at least for new players that have not been playing since launch to prevent us from accidentally taking quests out of order when we don't mean to. I know there are already spoiler warnings on the main quests for the major expansions, but I don't remember seeing any in the Ilum starter quest when I picked it up. Otherwise I would have saved it for later so things would make more sense.