Please save ranked

Belpheghor

Ranked is a joke now with the bad class imbalance. I see and hear ppl rage quitting ranked and rolling regs only now because of how bad the balance has become.

It's bad enough Bioware never invested in a cross server queue system for ranked like they said there were going to, but by continuously botching class balance like this it only let's fotm toons roll ranked matches. Sad thing is it's always been like this.

You'd think after 5 1/2 years they'd get it right. Buff one or two classes like mad........wait for the river of tears, then Nerf those same classes into the ground, lol, it's gotten to be a bad joke.

I've been on since beta and have to say the devs are and have always been pretty clueless, they always go from one extreme to the other, it's insane.

As long as they make money they don't care. The Chicago Cubs are a great example of this. The Cubs sucked for years but the always sold out tickets to the games. The owners had no reason to make the team better because they were already making boat loads of money. Then people stopped going to the games and the owners saw that they wouldn't make as much if they didn't get a good team on the field. As long as Bioware is making money they have no reason to fix anything. Edited by Bwleonseven

As long as they make money they don't care. The Chicago Cubs are a great example of this. The Cubs sucked for years but the always sold out tickets to the games. The owners had no reason to make the team better because they were already making boat loads of money. Then people stopped going to the games and the owners saw that they wouldn't make as much if they didn't get a good team on the field. As long as Bioware is making money they have no reason to fix anything.

Good point. At the end of the day Bioware is a business. They're in it for the profit.

As long as they make money they don't care. The Chicago Cubs are a great example of this. The Cubs sucked for years but the always sold out tickets to the games. The owners had no reason to make the team better because they were already making boat loads of money. Then people stopped going to the games and the owners saw that they wouldn't make as much if they didn't get a good team on the field. As long as Bioware is making money they have no reason to fix anything.

That's true, but short sighted. I guess they can sit back and coast since THIS is the ONLY Star Wars MMO.

Disney should open up the franchise to a little good ol' competition. I hate letting EA dominate Star Wars like they dominated the NFL games.

Only through competition do you get the best product in my opinion.

EA has a history of screwing up MMOs anyway, look at what they did to Warhammer Online.

Ranked can be saved by the following.

8 v 8 ranked pvp.

Cross Faction Ques

Cross Server Ques

A new game engine...which would probably solve everything. =/ There lies all the problems.

4 v 4 is a joke to me. I stopped playing ranked so long ago. I played to many alts to stick to one character for rating, the limitations of 4 v 4 and fotm stacking made me unable to even approach 4 v 4 realistically. Even if I looked past that, the win trading, and trolls, and long ques made me lose interest really quick. Sure play team and avoid solo trolls, then you just have to be specific on fotm...and that got so boring.

8 v 8...or nothing imo.

That's true, but short sighted. I guess they can sit back and coast since THIS is the ONLY Star Wars MMO.

Disney should open up the franchise to a little good ol' competition. I hate letting EA dominate Star Wars like they dominated the NFL games.

Only through competition do you get the best product in my opinion.

EA has a history of screwing up MMOs anyway, look at what they did to Warhammer Online.

EA has a history of screwing up everything, not just MMOs. Look at about any game now with EA on it. It's sickening. Big title games are almost all useless in 2017. Cash shop gimmics, DLC, Season Passes, Pay early, and just so much cash grab that by the time you go brankrupt and get the game it's not completele, it's still buggy, and it feels vaguely familiar to the previous games they made.

Maybe I'm just not into video games as much as people, or people just set their standards way to low and let big gaming companies walk all over them. I want a quality game, this mass produced pile of crap that keeps streaming out in the last 10 years is disgusting. Sure once in awhile something good comes out, but realistically you are just lying to yourself. Even if the game is fun, you end up paying 2-3x as much for it through dlc/season passes or subscriptions that previous games would have never tried to do to you, and they gave you more content for their base price.

Oh well, people enjoy instant rewards. People would gladly pay real cash for cosmetic than earn it in game cause it's easier.

I don't blame businesses that do it. It's just a marketing gimmick. They make quick easy cash, and people buy it so that's why every game these days comes with those features because it's worked. I've seen so many Alpha stage games out there that promise to make a game so they release it earlier for excited fans, make tons of money and abandon it. Why finish it when you had no real clear path.

It would be like me writing a two page summary of a book and then having people pay me upfront for the book...I just write another three hundred crappy pages with no real content, plot, character development, and probably switched from sci-fi to romance to fantasy to some knock knock jokes and then some drawings. Who cares right? I got paid!

Edited by VixenRawR

I think the nerf of 8 mercs in arena is coming and class changes as well. No need for inflated theories.

Speaking of class imbalance I badly want to see sorcerer's overload having longer pushback distance and more effective slow-downs...all current can be easily countered in one way or another by eg. force speed, exfiltrate, force leap. But guess what? No force speed against electro net. Can't even bubble up. Also, sniper in cover cannot be leapt to. We know I can use los to hide, but I need it to attack also.

We have barriers and PW you'll say? Sniper has shield probe, dodge/evasion (1x instant cooldown for the 2) and ballistic shields.

I basically end up doing no dmg before I get mobbed by melee. Mates confirmed it's a 'useless class' for ranked even with proper utility points and not just my lack of ranked experience. Why not buff (lightning) sorc too? Come on...

Seems to be devs for each patch have their favored class, instead of giving us balance.

Speaking of class imbalance I badly want to see sorcerer's overload having longer pushback distance and more effective slow-downs...all current can be easily countered in one way or another by eg. force speed, exfiltrate, force leap. But guess what? No force speed against electro net. Can't even bubble up. Also, sniper in cover cannot be leapt to. We know I can use los to hide, but I need it to attack also.

We have barriers and PW you'll say? Sniper has shield probe, dodge/evasion (1x instant cooldown for the 2) and ballistic shields.

I basically end up doing no dmg before I get mobbed by melee. Mates confirmed it's a 'useless class' for ranked even with proper utility points and not just my lack of ranked experience. Why not buff (lightning) sorc too? Come on...

Seems to be devs for each patch have their favored class, instead of giving us balance.

I have a Lightning Sorc too and personally I'm fine with where Sniper is at atm. Before 5.0 Sniper were kinda in a sad state in terms of PvP, at least from the point of view of fighting against them. Now Snipers can really compete pretty well.

But mercs are over the top. To have great dps, great defences, self healing and electro net is a bit much. If mercs wanna keep their survivability and dps, cool, I'm fine with that, but let's at least nerf and/or take away electro net.

While it does need some loving, its not as much as you'd think. I'm currently successful enough doing Lightning in yolos, and I have a decent rep for it on my server. I'm extremely hard to kill, and focusing me while reducing my dps doesnt reduce it to the point I'm totally worthless. Careful use of your heal, DR, medpack and escapes can make you a lot better than you'd think.

With the cleave dps, I've sustained over 6k a few rounds without force storm fluffing. I'd be curious as what are "the proper utility points" you are using tough.

But for lightning bumb burst/damage up a bit (for madness, bump the pressure up a lot) and give baseline to lightning shifting silhouette as it is, minus the cd reduction, and to madness give it with a 30% DR and 30% extra healing received direct or from health steal.

This will make one escape a possible offensive move, and keep thing roughly balanced I think. And obviously, if you use it to "escape" melee range focus, you cannot use it again to escape to LoS heal up.

As for the legendary utility, have it so it decrease the cooldown by 15 seconds of Phase Walk still, and add either a max activation distance bonus or something like that. Tbh, since no one runs it or nearly, it doesnt matter much.

Also, just fixing net by having it slap a debuff so a same target cannot be net more than once a minute or so would fix a lot of merc stacking issues. Altough, once it get batnerfed, maybe "merc stack" won't happen again.

Are you serious? You are of course. No one can leap, roll, or do anything with electro net so what makes you so special? The fact that you have 3 cc escapes puts you ahead of most players. Barrier while stunned, phasewalk while stunned, and of course your normal cc breaker. Sorcs get phasewalk and barrier which were both 2.0's new powers at lvl 51 for sin and sorc...sorc gets both of those powers and sin lost their phasewalk. You are complaining about shield probe? Your static barrier is way better, can be applied more often and has more utility attatched to it. You can have my shield probe, I will take static barrier any day.

Uhm...the fact that you can los and dart back and fourth and cast...because don't act like sorcs get plenty of instant cast opportunity. Snipers are sitting ducks and have to position themselves. If they fail to they have to move which leaves them up to leaps, pulls, and locked out of using certain abilities. Your whole spiel against snipers and you mention electronet I hope you know that is a merc ability and not a snipers.

Snipers aren't really any better than they were in 4.0, I'm not sure why everyone is suddenly playing them but it takes awhile for the rest of the players to realize a class is good because they were so busy in a massive sorc heal premade to realize snipers were a thing. Sorc healers are still godly and no joke, I don't really see much of an issue with their damage either. I don't know why people expect lightning to be hitting like a merc or sniper when they are more aoe based...they still hit pretty hard.

Did you really complain about sorcs knockback needing slow? The fact that you can get knockback root, and that literally 90% of your powers have a slow attatched to it including FORCE SLOW, is incredulous. I think the majority of slows should be moved from most classes and left to one ability. The cc in this game is thru the roof and its disgusting.

Also are you leaping to a sniper on your sorc? You pretty much have the same range except it's easier to kite a sniper. Also unlike a sniper you have a pool of 600 force, an ability to grant you free force...and heals to spam yourself to full around a corner or wherever you phasewalked.

I think the fact that sorcs cant run around and never die is your problem, no class should ever be able to do this. Which is why everyone played a sorc army in 4.0 because all they had to do was cross heal spam and phasewalk whenever in danger and h2f.

The only problem with mercs and snipers in 5.0 is the fact there is tons of class stacking. That was the problem with sorcs in 4.0. If there were 4 sorc heals per match it wouldn't have been an issue. There should never be more than 1 healer imo. A good healer and tank is enough for 8 v 8...any more and its just stalemate all the time and incredibly boring. I rather enjoy being heavily focused on a healer..when I see other healers it takes the challenge out of it and thus the fun. Being able to survive forever w.o dying is pretty boring.

That is my only issue with mercs right now...I don't even take all the survability options and I still do perfectly fine. I think it just makes the mediocre players shine because they get 3 h2f powers now which is hard to contend with.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with net.

Edited by VixenRawR

Also, just fixing net by having it slap a debuff so a same target cannot be net more than once a minute or so would fix a lot of merc stacking issues. Altough, once it get batnerfed, maybe "merc stack" won't happen again.

Class stacking in general is stupid, but why does a mercs net get targeted? Class stacking has always been the problem because people want to play easy mode and never actually try to learn the game.

You get those people and then the people who go "Mercs suffered...so NOW its their turn to make others suffer #MercLivesMatter....." This kind of attitude is what makes me think people are disgusting to their core and have no hope of redemption.

I play every class and I absolutely hate when they nerf classes and abilities that makes no sense. (Looking at you shoulder cannon heal nerf) and then buffing classes I already had fun on...I loved mercs in 4.0. My first char at launch was a merc and I seen its ups and downs and tbh my main issue was their healing never was up to par with ops and sorcs...now I look at ops and cry. =(

Honestly imo they need to gut almost all the cc in this game. everyone gets one hard stun, melee gets roots, ranged get a slow (Force slow example) and a knockback. Thats it. No more "use this ability while cc'd." It literally takes the point of ccing someone if they can pop phasewalk or enraged defenses. The point of a cc is to prevent people from using dcd to save themselves and finish them off. The point of a dcd is to prevent being murdered and in case of cc survive it. People used to have to know when things needed to be used...now the ease of just knowing if you are locked down you can essentially escape is really boring. Endless roots and slows with no white bar makes things exhausting. They should all apply to resolve and all be canceled during resolve. With less cc spam people will chose when to use it, and with no cc escapes besides your 1 cc breaker you will have to be careful when you use your dcds.

Are you serious? You are of course. No one can leap, roll, or do anything with electro net so what makes you so special? The fact that you have 3 cc escapes puts you ahead of most players. Barrier while stunned, phasewalk while stunned, and of course your normal cc breaker. Sorcs get phasewalk and barrier which were both 2.0's new powers at lvl 51 for sin and sorc...sorc gets both of those powers and sin lost their phasewalk. You are complaining about shield probe? Your static barrier is way better, can be applied more often and has more utility attatched to it. You can have my shield probe, I will take static barrier any day.

Uhm...the fact that you can los and dart back and fourth and cast...because don't act like sorcs get plenty of instant cast opportunity. Snipers are sitting ducks and have to position themselves. If they fail to they have to move which leaves them up to leaps, pulls, and locked out of using certain abilities. Your whole spiel against snipers and you mention electronet I hope you know that is a merc ability and not a snipers.

Snipers aren't really any better than they were in 4.0, I'm not sure why everyone is suddenly playing them but it takes awhile for the rest of the players to realize a class is good because they were so busy in a massive sorc heal premade to realize snipers were a thing. Sorc healers are still godly and no joke, I don't really see much of an issue with their damage either. I don't know why people expect lightning to be hitting like a merc or sniper when they are more aoe based...they still hit pretty hard.

Did you really complain about sorcs knockback needing slow? The fact that you can get knockback root, and that literally 90% of your powers have a slow attatched to it including FORCE SLOW, is incredulous. I think the majority of slows should be moved from most classes and left to one ability. The cc in this game is thru the roof and its disgusting.

Also are you leaping to a sniper on your sorc? You pretty much have the same range except it's easier to kite a sniper. Also unlike a sniper you have a pool of 600 force, an ability to grant you free force...and heals to spam yourself to full around a corner or wherever you phasewalked.

I think the fact that sorcs cant run around and never die is your problem, no class should ever be able to do this. Which is why everyone played a sorc army in 4.0 because all they had to do was cross heal spam and phasewalk whenever in danger and h2f.

The only problem with mercs and snipers in 5.0 is the fact there is tons of class stacking. That was the problem with sorcs in 4.0. If there were 4 sorc heals per match it wouldn't have been an issue. There should never be more than 1 healer imo. A good healer and tank is enough for 8 v 8...any more and its just stalemate all the time and incredibly boring. I rather enjoy being heavily focused on a healer..when I see other healers it takes the challenge out of it and thus the fun. Being able to survive forever w.o dying is pretty boring.

That is my only issue with mercs right now...I don't even take all the survability options and I still do perfectly fine. I think it just makes the mediocre players shine because they get 3 h2f powers now which is hard to contend with.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with net.

If there are so OP, then by all mean actually roll a lightning sorc come and do yolos.

Everything you listed btw, are things availaible baseline to sniper and merc, or they can similarly spec into it. The overload root is in the heroic tier, which is a very precious utility point for that it does. Sniper gets it baseline, and 360 rather than 120ish degrees. Similarly merc have a disengage, very good kiting capabilities as well.

Sniper got a lot of new survivability from 4.0 to 5.0, the fact you say it "hasn't changed" only proves to me you have very little clue about what you are talking about, and mostly you are crying so that your FOTM re-roll stays like that. But, heals on rolls, massive DR and heals on Shield.

Yah. It makes a difference.

More proof you have no clue.

Lightning has a few more build it root and slow, and a minor perma 30% can be specced on via affliction. Now, coming from someone defending sniper, you are attacking sorc on something they have more than any other classes. No class has even close to the ammount and magnitude of snares and KB sniper has. None. and force slow itself is relatively mild. 50% slow pretty baseline, and single target.

But obviously, if you compare a sniper with 0 utilities with a sorc that has miraculously managed to find 24 utility points and took everything I guess sorc looks pretty dank :rolleyes:

Seriously, go back in WZ, and play a few more classes than your FOTM merc and sniper. Play some operatives, sorc, jug mara and dps sorc. You'll have a much better overall vision. It is clear to me you are comparing 2 sheet of paper with actually 0 experience at playing the class. I don't think anyone else ever with a straight face said that because sorc has 600 force, its better than sniper with 100 energy.