Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Asking for a Friend....

Pack_Hammer
04.25.2017 , 07:06 PM | #1
So my friend is trying to get back into the game, however, the email associated with his account no longer exists, and he has forgotten his password. Is there any way to reset his password without that email???? He still has his display name, the game saved that much, but he has no clue what the password was....

mike_carton
04.25.2017 , 10:26 PM | #2
Did he try customer service?

Is there a reason he doesn't want to create a new account? (Does he remember having many characters with a lot of assets on his old account?)
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

Mordhain
04.26.2017 , 07:37 AM | #3
Customer service and hoping he remembers the answers to his security questions is about the only option he's going to have other than starting a new account. Depending on how long ago he stopped playing, it might be easier to get back into things by starting over. I know that it was for me when I came back to the game. I would personally suggest that he just create a new account instead unless there's a specific reason like the old account having unused CC on it that makes him want to use the old one.
Who doesn't like free stuff? No one. Click the link and get free stuff like extra game time.. http://www.swtor.com/r/brt7my

JediQuaker
04.26.2017 , 08:47 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Pack_Hammer View Post
So my friend is trying to get back into the game, however, the email associated with his account no longer exists, and he has forgotten his password. Is there any way to reset his password without that email???? He still has his display name, the game saved that much, but he has no clue what the password was....
Customer service could fix that, but you need to have some proof that you do actually own the account. They will ask for things like the original game key, the name(s) of a character, etc.

If your friend has that info, it should be fairly quick and easy to get a new password. If not, it may be best just to start a new account.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Jerqa
04.26.2017 , 01:20 PM | #5
As stated, your friend will need to go through customer service to get this resolved.

Good luck
Click here and get a free 7 day subscription, a bundle pack for each character and a free transfer!
Rules & Information