Sages really need a buff

Izariel

My main is a sage and I enjoy PVP, but lose 80% of the time. I'm about average I would say, but I lose 4 out of 5 of my matches as a Pub (nothing new here).

I am really worried about my class though. Some observations.

1. Long cast times make this class very susceptible to interrupts. This hits hard on Tele specs like me.

2. Weak healing and mitigation skills make this class very vulnerable. Light armor means that I can be blasted down by a single class in moments (and have, repeatedly).

3. My damage is very low. I blow everything I have and see my hits go about ...1500, 2000, 950...and the guy has 125000 HP. Then he comes up to me and hits me for 30K. This happens every time. I have a good uptime on my dps, but almost always hit middle of the pack on damage because my abilities simply are too weak. (GS: 230 or so)

4. CC is out of control. Diminishing returns is a joke. I can be stunned and silenced 5 times in a row and the only time the DR bar is full is when I am currently stunned. I spend more time out of control of my character than in control and that is not fun. Something has to be done to improve diminishing returns to mitigate this.

There are more issues, but these are the main ones. I am not sure what to do to solve them, but I know it is not just me. More and more caster classes are disappearing from PVP to be replaced by masses of melee and its because it is incredibly easy to kill a ranged class with melee. It needs to be reworked.

You most likely have much better gear, because my cast times are longer. Regardless, when a Mara is incinerating you in your face 1.3 seconds is an eternity.

I think my Sorc has a mix of 208 and 230 gear, I use Alacrity augments and a few quick savant enhancements and stuff.

A lone mara shouldn't be much of a problem if your goal is simply survival, trying to face tank one will go badly.