Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class storyline order by planet for altoholics (and others)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Class storyline order by planet for altoholics (and others)

Dawgtide
04.20.2017 , 05:22 AM | #1
Established a chronological playing order for anyone interested. It is not perfect and I welcome any corrections.

A. Opening planets and Coruscant/Dromund Kaas

Republic - Knight, Smuggler, Consular, Trooper
Empire - Hunter, Inquisitor, Agent, Warrior

Spoiler

Offworld Actions - Trooper, Knight, Agent

Spoiler

B. Taris/Balmorra - It is slightly more clear here in the storylines. I would alternate similar to earlier.

Balmorra - Hunter, Inquisitor, Warrior, Agent
Taris - Smuggler, Trooper, Knight, Consular

Spoiler

C. Nar Shadaa - The storylines are broken up as the Republic and Empire operate in different sectors. The planet storylines have various side stories in each sector and they hint at a chronological class pattern.

Empire - Warrior, Agent, Inquisitor, Hunter
Republic - Smuggler, Trooper, Consular, Knight

Planet and Class Storylines - I would alternate with Empire going first.

Spoiler

Offworld Actions - All classes. Chapter 1 Interlude.

Spoiler

D. Tatooine - The Czerka storyline does not really tie in to the class story arcs. We deal with Czerka to get rid of the Rakata device. (Basically I feel Trooper does it as shown below)

Warrior, Consular, Hunter, Agent, Knight, Smuggler, Inquisitor, Trooper

Spoiler

Offworld Actions - Hunter, Inquisitor, Consular

Spoiler

E. Alderaan - The planet storyline ties in with the classes well here. Ulgo is trying to take over the planet and they have an ally in Rist. Thul and Organa are fighting for two different sides with the Empire and Republic backing each. Other families such as Alde, Ayle, Baliss, Corwin, Cortess, Girard, Teral, and Teraan are also involved.

Smuggler, Hunter, Trooper, Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Consular

Spoiler


Offworld Actions - All classes

Spoiler

Note: This is the end of Act 1. All major plotlines completed. The Republic starts to liberate Balmorra and the Empire starts to decimate Taris. It is noted that the Smuggler and Bounty Hunter took very little time off and this explains why they arrive early.

F. Balmorra/Taris - Ok, these two are happening at the same time. I would advise alternating as before.

Balmorra - Trooper, Smuggler, Knight, Consular
Taris - Agent, Hunter, Inquisitor, Warrior

Spoiler

Offworld Actions - Agent, Knight, Warrior

Spoiler

G. Quesh - Various side plots are completed here.

The order should change only slightly due to the 3 offworld actions above.

Empire order - Hunter, Inquisitor, Warrior, Agent
Republic order - Trooper, Smuggler, Consular, Knight

Do the planet stories with Empire first and Republic last (Agent and Knight). The Empire should not kill Droga the Hutt to be canon. Of particular importance is the Treaty of Coruscant is broken in the Sith Warrior story and Attis Station is saved for medical/weapons research in the Consular Story. The Agent and Knight being last on Quesh makes sense due to the espionage involved and the saving of the planet.

Offworld Actions - Trooper, Inquisitor

Spoiler

H. Hoth - This is a planetary battle for the Starship Graveyard between the Republic, Empire and the Pirates.

Warrior, Hunter, Consular, Trooper, Inquisitor, Agent, Knight, Smuggler

Spoiler

Offworld Actions - All classes
Note: This is the end of Act 2. The war has started as given in many spoilers below. New story order on Belsavis is easily explained as well.

Spoiler

I. Belsavis - We know the Dread Master's are freed here. And the World Razor is destroyed or contained too. The last characters (Agent and Knight) do this if trying to stay in character. It is fairly obvious the first 3 stories take place at almost the same time. The rest are not as clear, but I tried to piece them together.

Consular, Hunter, Smuggler, Inquisitor, Warrior, Trooper, Knight, Agent

Spoiler

Offworld Actions - All 8 Classes

Spoiler

J. Voss - The main story is about learning of the relationship between Gormak and the Voss. Neither ending provides an alliance with the Empire or Republic, but as we find out next, it does not matter.......

Agent, Smuggler, Inquisitor, Hunter, Consular, Trooper, Warrior, Knight

Spoiler

Offworld Actions - All 8 classes - Reasonably clear on why chronological order changes for Corellia.

Spoiler

K. Corellia - This is the final big battle of the class storylines given in the original part of the game. I would have Inquisitor (obvious from talking to Darth Charnus in class story as well) and Smuggler (Tribute to Han Solo possibly) finishing the planet storyline. One could argue Consular finishes the Republic side, but the story mentions the fight is still occurring as he/she leaves for Coruscant and that he/she hasn't met Saresh who appears in the planet storyline.

Hunter, Agent, Knight, Warrior, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler

Spoiler

Offworld Actions - Hunter, Knight, Consular, Inquisitor

Spoiler
My Crew: * Dielika - Mercenary * Horris - Commando * Tideford - Shadow * Jadefaith - Sniper * Railroad - Guardian * Forestry - Sorcerer * Meagan - Scoundrel * Domenica - Juggarnaut * Chevtex - Gunslinger * Croyle - Powertech * Deere - Marauder * Athahara - Sentinel * Soh Yeon - Sage * Claudia'jo - Assassin * Kyttiara - Vanguard * Staffurd - Operative

SteveTheCynic
04.21.2017 , 04:31 AM | #2
Not this again. Starting worlds are troublesome, because each class starts *at the same time* as the other class that starts on the same planet. Both Jedi classes start during the Flesh Raider invasion of the Gnarls. In the intro to the Smuggler story, Corso mentions a Republic military walker that has just been taken down by the seps, and the trooper is *in* that walker. Both the Agent and the Bounty Hunter start during the Nem'ro / Fath'rah war on Hutta. Both Sith classes, despite the lack of direct story-to-story references, start in the same background of a recent change to get more Force-sensitives into the Academy.

All four Republic classes arrive on Coruscant at the same time - the initial reference that indicates that is the Senator Kayl / MMG / Captain Winbourn mission. In the same way, all four Imperial classes arrive on DK at the same time, during the slave rebellion at the Colossus and during Sandor's investigation of the Revanites.

And so on.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Dawgtide
04.22.2017 , 01:13 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Not this again. Starting worlds are troublesome, because each class starts *at the same time* as the other class that starts on the same planet. Both Jedi classes start during the Flesh Raider invasion of the Gnarls. In the intro to the Smuggler story, Corso mentions a Republic military walker that has just been taken down by the seps, and the trooper is *in* that walker. Both the Agent and the Bounty Hunter start during the Nem'ro / Fath'rah war on Hutta. Both Sith classes, despite the lack of direct story-to-story references, start in the same background of a recent change to get more Force-sensitives into the Academy.

All four Republic classes arrive on Coruscant at the same time - the initial reference that indicates that is the Senator Kayl / MMG / Captain Winbourn mission. In the same way, all four Imperial classes arrive on DK at the same time, during the slave rebellion at the Colossus and during Sandor's investigation of the Revanites.

And so on.
Sorry you had to see it again Steve. We can just disagree. I was posting the final version for others if they wanted it. If not, no big deal. I agree they start on the opening planet at the same time as you say.

I also agree the 8 classes are on many planets at the same time, but some stories are clearly finishing on the given planets before others.

Corellia and the finales of the class stories have many hints and clues for instance. And even on DK that you mention there are subtle hints at an order.

No worries though, it is only for those that may want to play alts and have some variety in their play.
My Crew: * Dielika - Mercenary * Horris - Commando * Tideford - Shadow * Jadefaith - Sniper * Railroad - Guardian * Forestry - Sorcerer * Meagan - Scoundrel * Domenica - Juggarnaut * Chevtex - Gunslinger * Croyle - Powertech * Deere - Marauder * Athahara - Sentinel * Soh Yeon - Sage * Claudia'jo - Assassin * Kyttiara - Vanguard * Staffurd - Operative

Frenesi
04.22.2017 , 05:57 PM | #4
The only planet that clearly establishes story order is Corellia, and even that is questionable. Siths and BH get to frolic around for some time (with only BH actually doing something useful to Empire), then Agent mops up and then 3 Republic armies (Jedis and Trooper) invade. Randomly insert Smuggler somewhere in there.

Edit: yea, your Corellia is a bit off. Imperial questlines all end up before Republic actually arrives in force to reclaim the planet. See Agent story.
I just dropped in
To see in what condition my condition was in

Referal with some free crap.

Dawgtide
04.23.2017 , 10:41 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Frenesi View Post
The only planet that clearly establishes story order is Corellia, and even that is questionable. Siths and BH get to frolic around for some time (with only BH actually doing something useful to Empire), then Agent mops up and then 3 Republic armies (Jedis and Trooper) invade. Randomly insert Smuggler somewhere in there.

Edit: yea, your Corellia is a bit off. Imperial questlines all end up before Republic actually arrives in force to reclaim the planet. See Agent story.
Thanks for your comments. I think the second invasions of Balmorra and Taris are fairly clear too, but not trying to start an argument as everyone has the right to their opinion.

As for Corellia, yes the Consular and Trooper arrivals are mentioned in the Agent Story. The reason I show the Knight earlier is three things. One at the end of the Agent story when they spy on Hunter and the Star Cabal meeting after he/she leaves Corellia, it is mentioned that Tol Braga is dead. So it would seem to have very similar timing.

Also, the letter to the Sith Warrior after he/she finishes mentions that the Knight was taking care of the Emperor (letter says the Voice was in the body actually) about the same time as Darth Baras is being killed. So that is why I have the Knight about the same time as the final Sith stories.

Lastly, at the end of the Knight story on Corellia, the npc the Knight talks to mentions there is more fighting to be done, but that the Knight probably has other fish to fry or something to that effect. The other three of the Republic finish the job for sure like you say.